villages [WIP]

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: villages [WIP]

by Hybrid Dog » Post

mg_villages works for me, l used it some time ago. The topic description lead me to the villages mod.
When l think about the mg_villages l remember how l spawned a volcano and the whole village was covered entirely with stone, the buildings could be found by digging through the stone.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10805#p165415
btw: l wonder what happens if l use this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12616 in a volcano, there's lots of air between the stone…

Edit: 3633 Torches placed in a small part of it.
Last edited by Hybrid Dog on Fri Jun 19, 2015 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote: mg_villages works for me, l used it some time ago. The topic description lead me to the villages mod.
Yes, villages was my first attempt to write something like that. It never had any true integration into the landscape and depended on the landscape beeing flat and welcoming (no volcanoes! :-)). On the plus side, villages have more structure than mg_villages and come with a central place with a tree and some buildings (inn, forge) arranged around it.
Hybrid Dog wrote: When l think about the mg_villages l remember how l spawned a volcano and the whole village was covered entirely with stone, the buildings could be found by digging through the stone.
Sounds pretty much like what happens if a volcano hits a real village...hope you made sure the inhabitants had time to escape :-)
Hybrid Dog wrote: btw: l wonder what happens if l use this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12616 in a volcano, there's lots of air between the stone…
That's just joking around/advertising your own mods :-) That lighting mod of yours is very nice for exploring caves, but won't really fit to a "natural" volcano. If you're thinking alongside volcanoes, how about growing some grapes? Mauvebic had a nice mod for that.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote: When l think about the mg_villages l remember how l spawned a volcano and the whole village was covered entirely with stone, the buildings could be found by digging through the stone.
Sounds pretty much like what happens if a volcano hits a real village...hope you made sure the inhabitants had time to escape :-)
l disabled fire in minetest, so lava didn't flow into the houses and the inhabitants were protected. But the roads weren't longer walkable and there's many darkness under a mountain.
Hybrid Dog wrote: btw: l wonder what happens if l use this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12616 in a volcano, there's lots of air between the stone…
That's just joking around/advertising your own mods :-) That lighting mod of yours is very nice for exploring caves, but won't really fit to a "natural" volcano. If you're thinking alongside volcanoes, how about growing some grapes? Mauvebic had a nice mod for that.
This mod is actually not made for only exploring caves, l just needed a name for it, it can automatically light every dark place, e.g. this worldedited testing hole https://d.maxfile.ro/vnfgpvnusx.png
l can't grow grapes around volcanoes because minetest lavacooling volcanoes consist of bare stone, but growing could be done after the mountain spawning.
Can you make houses become stuck half in mountains that it looks like villagers used the mountain to build stable houses?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Rochambeau

by Rochambeau » Post

FYI:
A lot of houses and some villages spawn in holes in the ground.
Sometimes it looks cool, like a village in a hidden valley. Sometimes it's just disturbing ;-) (see attachment)
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto_2015-06-19_20-53-47.png
Bildschirmfoto_2015-06-19_20-53-47.png (848.87 KiB) Viewed 559 times

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

mg_villages is compatible with gen

how would this tower look like with more sorts of nodes…

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Rochambeau

by Rochambeau » Post

Update:
So, I guess it is no mod problem but something I added to minetest.conf to get higher mountains.

Code: Select all

mgv6_np_terrain_base = -4, 30, (750, 750, 750), 82341, 6, 0.65
mgv6_np_terrain_higher = 10, 64, (750, 750, 750), 85039, 8, 0.6
Since I removed those two lines, no more buildings in holes appeared. Back to normal, flat mgv6... :-(

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Rochambeau wrote: Since I removed those two lines, no more buildings in holes appeared. Back to normal, flat mgv6... :-(
There might still be buildings in holes. The area is checked for height, and there are sometimes holes from caves there. In such a case buildings may be placed at the bottom. It's hard to tell such holes and larger shores apart.

You may also run into trouble if the hills get too heigh. This is mostly due to the villages not taking care of anything that happens above the mapblock that contains ground level. Maybe I ought to change that in the future...there have been some pretty hilly mods out there.

blert2112
GitHub: blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

There is an error in, or connected to, the build_chest_check_all_directories() function of handle_schematics. It does not cause an error in the console. It completely freezes (unresponsive) my game when loading. I traced it to that function but am too tired to continue deeper into it right now. If I set secure.enable_security = true in minetest.conf I can bypass the issue and the game completes loading.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

blert2112 wrote: There is an error in, or connected to, the build_chest_check_all_directories() function of handle_schematics. It does not cause an error in the console. It completely freezes (unresponsive) my game when loading. I traced it to that function but am too tired to continue deeper into it right now. If I set secure.enable_security = true in minetest.conf I can bypass the issue and the game completes loading.
That is odd. I'd love to hear more from you about this bug - especially if you can truely reproduce it. I do get random crashes sometimes, but that may be caused by my MT version almost always beeing the most recent version. Loading the world again after such a crash works fine for me.

You need to add secure.trusted_mods = handle_schematics if you want to get schematics outside your current world listed in the chest's menu. The minetest.get_dir_list function is also pretty recent.

blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

Sokomine wrote:That is odd. I'd love to hear more from you about this bug - especially if you can truely reproduce it. I do get random crashes sometimes, but that may be caused by my MT version almost always beeing the most recent version. Loading the world again after such a crash works fine for me.

You need to add secure.trusted_mods = handle_schematics if you want to get schematics outside your current world listed in the chest's menu. The minetest.get_dir_list function is also pretty recent.
Unfortunately I have to use a Windows build so I can't use the very latest MT without jumping through many hoops to build for Windows, I am using stfan5's latest build. I would, of course, prefer to use Linux on my server but that machine is also my kid's homeschool rig and some of the software we use is Windows only.
Reproducing is not a problem, it happens every time. The game goes totally unresponsive at "Creating server" and will just sit there forever. I added secure.trusted_mods = handle_schematics and commented out secure.enable_security = true but that did not fix it. It only completes loading the game with secure.enable_security = true. I will continue to trace the down the source this morning. Will let you know what I find.

blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

Found it!
It gets stuck in an infinite loop at line 82...

while( not( string.find( worldpath, '/', -1*p ))) do
		p = p+1;
	end
The problem is it is checking for the "/" character but windows uses the "\" character. If I change it to...

while( not( string.find( worldpath, '\\', -1*p ))) do
		p = p+1;
	end
...it works.

Here is one way to determine what character you need to check for...

while( not( string.find( worldpath, package.config:sub(1,1), -1*p ))) do
		p = p+1;
	end
package.config:sub(1,1) returns '/' (*nix) or '\\' (windows).

Hmmmm.... It's odd. LUA doesn't seem to care, in some instances, if you use a '/' or '\' in a filename regardless of OS. For example: DoFile() seems to work fine either way. I suppose it is safe to assume that it only matters if you are performing a string search?

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

Have you come across floating buildings before?

Mapgen v7 with these parameters. Or just pull the latest Adventuretest.

mgv7_np_terrain_base = 4, 70, (600, 600, 600), 82341, 5, 0.6, 2.0
mgv7_np_terrain_alt = 4, 25, (600, 600, 600), 5934, 5, 0.6, 2.0
mgv7_np_terrain_persist = 0.6, 0.12, (2000, 2000, 2000), 539, 3, 0.5, 2.0
mgv7_np_height_select = -12, 24, (500, 500, 500), 4213, 6, 0.69, 2.0
mgv7_np_filler_depth = 0, 1.2, (150, 150, 150), 261, 4, 0.7, 2.0
mgv7_np_mount_height = 675, 350, (3000, 2000, 3000), 72449, 3, 0.5, 2.0
mgv7_np_ridge_uwater = 0, 1, (1000, 1000, 1000), 85039, 5, 0.6, 2.0
mgv7_np_mountain = -0.6, 1, (850, 1450, 850), 5333, 5, 0.68, 2.0
mgv7_np_ridge = 0, 1, (100, 100, 100), 6467, 4, 0.75, 2.0
mgv7_np_cave1 = 0, 12, (100, 100, 100), 52534, 4, 0.5, 2.0
mgv7_np_cave2 = 0, 12, (100, 100, 100), 10325, 4, 0.5, 2.0
Attachments
screenshot_20150718_125041.png
screenshot_20150718_125041.png (363.89 KiB) Viewed 559 times
screenshot_20150718_211850.png
screenshot_20150718_211850.png (341.42 KiB) Viewed 559 times

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

And split buildings

Attachments
screenshot_20150718_214140.png
screenshot_20150718_214140.png (795.11 KiB) Viewed 559 times

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Wrong time to spawn mobs:

-- spawn our NPCs
        mobs.spawn_npc_and_spawner(pos,barbarians)
Shedule that for later on. At the moment you're doing it, we're in the middle of working on a voxelmanip area received from mapgen. I assume it gets confused if entities are added to the map at that time. The very data the villages are working on gets changed beneth its feet :-)

Maybe you can override the mob_basics namespace and spawn your mobs using mob_basics.spawn_mob, like I do with my traders. Another way would be to place nodes in the voxelmanip datastructure and act in their on_construct call - which gets executed after the map data has been written back. Or would a mg_villages.village_spawned( village_data ) call be more helpful?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

mg_villages now contains a function that is called when a part of a village is spawned. This function is called at a time when the voxelmanip data has been written back already. At that time it's safe to spawn mobs. Hope that helps! As a side-effect, spawning of mobf_trader-traders now works a lot better as well and is implemented cleaner than before.

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

I updated mg_villages and handle_schematics and everything was working fine. I copied and pasted my spawning code in the part_of_village_spawned function I wrote over and it was working great, then I remembered I put that spawning code in a function in my mobs mod, and then everything broke again. So I spent some time looking over the code, making sure I wasn't accidentally modifying global variables, then I figured out what the problem was... I forgot about luas weird passing by reference. So I was passing a position to the spawn function, and even though I was doing something like npos = pos... npos was referencing pos so changing npos was modifying pos which was screwing up the rest of the village generating. Even though it was my bug your changes do make it easier to keep mg_villages up to date and makes implementation cleaner.

I am really liking the variety of buildings and village types in this mod.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

blert2112 wrote: Hmmmm.... It's odd. LUA doesn't seem to care, in some instances, if you use a '/' or '\' in a filename regardless of OS. For example: DoFile() seems to work fine either way. I suppose it is safe to assume that it only matters if you are performing a string search?
Yes, that confused me as well. Slashes are apparently fine - even under Windows - else hardly any mod would function at all. I wonder how I'll have to compose paths in such a situation. Will a mixture of backslahes and slashes work?

I've disabled the search for schematics in world folders for now if the path cannot be analyzed (i.e. Windows OS). That's a limited loss for now as minetest.get_dir_list is also still very limited in a secure environment. I hope that useful feature gets extended in the future.

Please check if the mod works again for you now!
BrandonReese wrote: I forgot about luas weird passing by reference
Oh yes. That's pretty annoying most of the time. In some desperate situations, I resort to minetest.deserialize( minetest.serialize( value_to_be_copied)) just to be on the safe side. At least in other mods.
BrandonReese wrote: I am really liking the variety of buildings and village types in this mod.
Thanks! And I like your mobs a lot. At least those friendly, helpful villagers :-) Without them the place would feel very empty. And it's nice to see villagers guarding their home village from hostile mobs.

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

Is it possible to have the villages not generate at y=1, but be able to generate them at y=3+? The way I have my biomes setup to create beaches and gravel bars when a village generates it's often times sitting all on gravel, sand, or sometimes stone.

blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

Sokomine wrote:I wonder how I'll have to compose paths in such a situation. Will a mixture of backslahes and slashes work?

-- returns '/' (*nix) or '\\' (windows)
	os_path_sep = package.config:sub(1,1)
Now build your string search using the variable instead of explicitly stating "/" or "\".

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

Sokomine wrote:
blert2112 wrote: Don't forget to add the other mods so that you'll get all possible village types. I really need to make a modpack so that it's easier to grab them all in one go...
Please do. Or at least link to them in the first post. I can't find some of them. You can, of course, skip the ones in the default game, since we have those. Lol.

EDIT: Adding this part.

ALL of the ones in depends.txt, not just the required ones.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Sokomine,

question..
Is mg_villages and villages the same mod? I use mgvillages and love it however, I found some bugs that need adjusting and couldn't find the thread for mg_villages.

Bugs:.

Pine tree saplings spawn on every node y+1=air on map blending zones, on every plot and every node.. Not random.

The mod seems to flood the terminal window on every function lil access inventory page, skin page, beds, plots.... seems to co.municate with many mods at same time.

By default the chests do not fill, I had to hack them to randomly fill on spawn function.

Otherwise I love it and love the protection system and purchasing options. This is one of my all time favorite mods, thank you for all the hard work you have invested in this. :-)
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

swordpaint12
In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

by swordpaint12 » Post

maikerumine wrote:Sokomine,

question..
Is mg_villages and villages the same mod? I use mgvillages and love it however, I found some bugs that need adjusting and couldn't find the thread for mg_villages.

Bugs:.

Pine tree saplings spawn on every node y+1=air on map blending zones, on every plot and every node.. Not random.

The mod seems to flood the terminal window on every function lil access inventory page, skin page, beds, plots.... seems to co.municate with many mods at same time.

By default the chests do not fill, I had to hack them to randomly fill on spawn function.

Otherwise I love it and love the protection system and purchasing options. This is one of my all time favorite mods, thank you for all the hard work you have invested in this. :-)
I found mg_villages as a part of the mg mod: viewtopic.php?id=7263

I discovered it via Adventuretest and since then I've used it several times.

This mod looks interesting, I look forward to the finished product. Another very interesting mod, Sokomine!
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

FreeLikeGNU
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

BrandonReese wrote:Have you come across floating buildings before?
Now we know where the folks who built out floating dungeons live!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

maikerumine wrote: Is mg_villages and villages the same mod? I use mgvillages and love it however, I found some bugs that need adjusting and couldn't find the thread for mg_villages.
No, they are diffrent mods. This thread started with villages, which is my own implementation of a village generator, but which never got any integration into the landscape. mg_villages is derived from nores mg mapgen mod. mg_villages is beeing discussed in this thread here because I havn't opened a thread for it yet. There will be a lot that needs documentation, and so I'm a bit afraid of that. Posting more than three screenshots is also very tricky.
maikerumine wrote: Pine tree saplings spawn on every node y+1=air on map blending zones, on every plot and every node.. Not random.
Are you sure it has been pine tree saplings? Not acacia ones? Because I did introduce a bug regarding acacia saplings in one of the latest versions. That ought to be fixed now. So please try again!
maikerumine wrote: The mod seems to flood the terminal window on every function lil access inventory page, skin page, beds, plots.... seems to co.municate with many mods at same time.
Can you upload that on pastebin and give me a link? Or post it here?
maikerumine wrote: By default the chests do not fill, I had to hack them to randomly fill on spawn function.
They ought to. The filing is not yet very satisfactory and does need improvement. It depends a bit on how many other mods you've got installed.
maikerumine wrote: Otherwise I love it and love the protection system and purchasing options. This is one of my all time favorite mods, thank you for all the hard work you have invested in this. :-)
Thank you :-) I'm glad that you like it. I hope to add a thread for the mod soon.
swordpaint12 wrote: I found mg_villages as a part of the mg mod: viewtopic.php?id=7263
That's where mg_villages got its name (and quite a lot of its code) from :-) It has develloped a lot since then and is no longer limited to a single mapgen. mg_villages also has a lot of other features the original villages by nore do not have, i.e. the random replacements of some materials for a village (something my original villages mod here had already).
swordpaint12 wrote: I discovered it via Adventuretest and since then I've used it several times.
Adventuretest by now uses mg_villages. It ought to contain a relatively recent copy.
FreeLikeGNU wrote: Now we know where the folks who built out floating dungeons live!
Those times are hopefully past ,-) Buildings no longer float. They did sometimes during development and may still do so if an error occours. But mostly buildings sit where they belong to.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Soko- here is an example of the debug filling:

2015-09-05 09:28:29: ACTION[Server]: LuaEntitySAO at (429.1,19.51,506.9) punched by LuaEntitySAO at (427.2,20.5,507.318), damage 1 hp, health now 4 hp
2015-09-05 09:28:30: ACTION[Server]: LuaEntitySAO at (429.1,19.51,506.9) punched by LuaEntitySAO at (429.067,20.5,506.2), damage 1 hp, health now 3 hp
2015-09-05 09:28:31: ACTION[Server]: LuaEntitySAO at (429.1,19.51,506.9) punched by LuaEntitySAO at (427.2,20.5,507.318), damage 1 hp, health now 2 hp
2015-09-05 09:28:32: ACTION[Server]: LuaEntitySAO at (429.1,19.51,506.9) punched by LuaEntitySAO at (429.067,20.5,506.2), damage 1 hp, health now 1 hp
2015-09-05 09:28:32: ACTION[Server]: LuaEntitySAO at (429.1,19.51,506.9) punched by LuaEntitySAO at (427.2,20.5,507.318), damage 1 hp, health now 0 hp
[mg_villages] return {["main"] = "Back"}
2015-09-05 09:28:34: ACTION[Server]: player inferno crafts default:ladder
2015-09-05 09:28:34: ACTION[Server]: babfit places node default:cobble at (-6,1,50)
[mg_villages] return {["quit"] = "true"}
2015-09-05 09:28:34: ACTION[Server]: hjkl-pro digs default:cobble at (138,12,-1)
2015-09-05 09:28:34: ACTION[Server]: babfit places node default:cobble at (-6,1,51)
[mg_villages] return {["skins_set_33"] = ""}
2015-09-05 09:28:34: ACTION[Server]: chamal tried to dig default:stonebrick at protected position (-23,6,22)
2015-09-05 09:28:34: ACTION[Server]: babfit places node default:cobble at (-6,1,52)
2015-09-05 09:28:34: ACTION[Server]: babfit places node default:cobble at (-7,1,50)
2015-09-05 09:28:34: ACTION[Server]: hjkl-pro places node default:cobble at (138,12,-1)
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: Adding mob lagsmobs:griefer_ghost on block lagsmobs:cursed_stone at -28, 2, 12
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: alex2492 tried to dig default:tree at protected position (66,3,25)
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: CHAT: <brandon> i am home 
[mg_villages] return {["skins_page_3"] = ">>"}
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: chamal tried to dig default:glass at protected position (-39,5,24)
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: Moving Kacey to static spawnpoint at (-2,2,-2)
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: Giving initial stuff to player Kacey
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: Kacey [42.2.170.6] joins game. 
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: Kacey joins game. List of players: Joanny AspireMint micha hjkl-pro baha riswanPlayer Fixer wolf mr_silver brandon inferno Klauser Apolo amaro greatky alex2492 alexssandro esquelet ANKUR gofus9122 marcue chamal max2345 karina babfit roma armand progamer132 ProMinecrafter Rin-chan vytre Joe DEEVA Kacey
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: Nico times out. List of players: Joanny AspireMint micha hjkl-pro baha riswanPlayer Fixer wolf mr_silver brandon inferno Klauser Apolo amaro greatky alex2492 alexssandro esquelet ANKUR gofus9122 marcue chamal max2345 karina babfit roma armand progamer132 ProMinecrafter Rin-chan vytre Joe DEEVA Kacey 
[mg_villages] return {["skins_page_2"] = "Page 3/4"}
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: alex2492 tried to dig default:tree at protected position (66,2,25)
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: alex2492 tried to dig default:cobble at protected position (65,1,26)
2015-09-05 09:28:35: ACTION[Server]: DEEVA punches object 17146: LuaEntitySAO at (-20.5749,1.70101,-2.41402)
[mg_villages] return {["craft"] = "Craft"}
2015-09-05 09:28:36: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-5,1,17)
2015-09-05 09:28:36: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-5,1,16)
2015-09-05 09:28:36: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-5,0,16)
2015-09-05 09:28:36: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-5,0,17)
2015-09-05 09:28:36: ACTION[Server]: Klauser times out. List of players: Joanny AspireMint micha hjkl-pro baha riswanPlayer Fixer wolf mr_silver brandon inferno Apolo amaro greatky alex2492 alexssandro esquelet ANKUR gofus9122 marcue chamal max2345 karina babfit roma armand progamer132 ProMinecrafter Rin-chan vytre Joe DEEVA Kacey 
stop attacking
stop attacking
stop attacking
2015-09-05 09:28:38: ACTION[Server]: Adding mob lagsmobs:stone_monster on block default:stone at -9, 2, -254
2015-09-05 09:28:39: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-6,1,17)
2015-09-05 09:28:39: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-6,1,16)
2015-09-05 09:28:40: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-6,0,16)
2015-09-05 09:28:40: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-7,0,16)
stop attacking
2015-09-05 09:28:41: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-7,-1,16)
2015-09-05 09:28:42: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-8,-1,16)
2015-09-05 09:28:42: ACTION[Server]: Adding mob lagsmobs:griefer_ghost on block lagsmobs:cursed_stone at -28, 2, 12
2015-09-05 09:28:42: ACTION[Server]: Adding mob lagsmobs:griefer_ghost on block lagsmobs:cursed_stone at 26, 2, -15
2015-09-05 09:28:43: ACTION[Server]: max2345 tried to dig default:leaves at protected position (82,4,59)
2015-09-05 09:28:43: ACTION[Server]: chamal tried to dig default:cobble at protected position (-1,1,9)
2015-09-05 09:28:43: ACTION[Server]: hjkl-pro digs default:cobble at (138,12,-1)
2015-09-05 09:28:43: ACTION[Server]: babfit digs default:cobble at (-8,-1,15)
2015-09-05 09:28:43: ACTION[Server]: chamal tried to dig default:cobble at protected position (-1,1,8)
2015-09-05 09:28:44: ACTION[Server]: chamal tried to dig default:cobble at protected position (0,1,8)
2015-09-05 09:28:44: ACTION[Server]: DEEVA punches object 17145: LuaEntitySAO at (-22.2949,1.70505,-0.70505)
2015-09-05 09:28:44: ACTION[Server]: chamal tried to dig default:cobble at protected position (0,0,8)
2015-09-05 09:28:44: ACTION[Server]: Fixer digs default:torch at (-5,-5,9)
2015-09-05 09:28:45: ACTION[Server]: max2345 tried to dig default:apple at protected position (83,3,60)
2015-09-05 09:28:49: ACTION[Server]: Player gofus9122 punched by LuaEntitySAO at (8.8,1.1,-244.324), damage 3 HP
2015-09-05 09:28:50: ACTION[Server]: hjkl-pro places node default:cobble at (138,12,-1)
2015-09-05 09:28:50: ACTION[Server]: Player gofus9122 punched by LuaEntitySAO at (8.8,1.1,-244.324), damage 3 HP
[mg_villages] return {["armor"] = "Armor"}
2015-09-05 09:28:51: INFO: event_handler(): Ctrl+C, Close Event, Logoff Event or Shutdown Event, shutting down.
Weird, eh?

As for the acacia tree/pine tree I did hack the code to forget the acacia tree because it was not present in my build, so pine tree sapling was chosen by default.

I hope this helps!!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959