[Modpack] NPC Framework [minetest-npcf] [WIP]

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

Re: [Modpack] NPC Framework [minetest-npcf] [WIP]

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

Thanks for updating the mod, stu. I really enjoy your mod.

Could you please make a toggle option for whether or not an NPC will be iinvincible r not?
I test mines.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Thanks for continuing to work on this mod. It's a very fine one!
A list of my mods can be found here.

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

SAMIAMNOT wrote:Thanks for updating the mod, stu. I really enjoy your mod.

Could you please make a toggle option for whether or not an NPC will be iinvincible r not?
Well, the idea was that the included example NPCs are merely that; simple examples that you may use as a base for something more elaborate. To make an NPC into a mere mortal just set the appropriate armor groups in its registration and then make it unload when defeated. eg

Code: Select all

armor_groups = {fleshy=100},
on_destruct = function(self, hitter)
	if self.npc_id then
		npcf:unload(self.npc_id)
	end
end,
Note that the above will only work with the npcf_ng branch for now. I will, however, try to improve the example mods a little before the forthcoming 0.2.0 release.
Sokomine wrote:Thanks for continuing to work on this mod. It's a very fine one!
You are very welcome and thank you for your support.

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

Great!
Also, I'm building a sort of gladiator stadium and usuing your deco NPCs as spectators, and noticed that Deco NPC settings are universal for all NPC. I don't mind at all; it make things easier for me, but it's still a glitch.
I test mines.

stu

by stu » Post

SAMIAMNOT wrote:Great!
Also, I'm building a sort of gladiator stadium and usuing your deco NPCs as spectators, and noticed that Deco NPC settings are universal for all NPC. I don't mind at all; it make things easier for me, but it's still a glitch.
Are you talking about the npcf_ng branch or the current version? I am pretty sure I have fixed all those issues but then maybe I missed something. If you are not using the ng branch then I strongly recommend that you try it.
stu wrote:There are some really nasty bugs and inefficiencies in the current version of this modpack.
I have, however, noticed that it is actually being used by a few people and so decided it deserved little love :3

Although not quite ready for public consumption yet, I have just pushed my 'next generation' branch upstream for testing purposes. This is pretty much a ground-up rewrite of the core so I'd be interested to read the findings of those who do.

https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... ee/npcf_ng (requires a recent dev build of minetest)

Note that there is now a new example mob npc, you probably wanna disable that one for now as it is hightly destructive! (you have been warned)

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

I'm currently using the latest public release. I would upgrade to the NG branch but I am currently building a multiplayer world. Will the NG branch alter my existing NPCs, or, more importantly, their options (sit, stand, blacklist options, etc.)?
I test mines.

stu

by stu » Post

SAMIAMNOT wrote:Will the NG branch alter my existing NPCs, or, more importantly, their options (sit, stand, blacklist options, etc.)?
In theory, yes, I have tried to make it as backwards compatible as possible with the existing version but this has not been fully tested yet. I don't suppose it could do any real harm to try it though I would make a back-up first...and be sure to disable the mob npc (that may not be included in the release)

I should point out that the current version will probably not work with the next stable release of minetest, at least not without security exceptions. There are also some really nasty bugs in it as you are beginning to see with the deco npc.

Update: I just did some tests and it didn't work right away until I added some aliases. (see latest commit)
You may also find a lot of unknown objects floating about. These can be safely removed with /clearobjects but still be sure to make a back-up of your existing npc_data directory.

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

Okay thanks.I will try them.
I test mines.

swordpaint12
In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

by swordpaint12 » Post

This mod is interesting and I just used them with mg villages.

Is there any way to get different skins?
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

tinkerlevu

by tinkerlevu » Post

hey stu... you haven't linked in any 3d meshes for the builder or the info npc. I managed to change the lua files to use the decor npc mesh and it works fine but you might want to look into that. also the trading with the trader npc is broken

stu

by stu » Post

tinkerlevu wrote:hey stu... you haven't linked in any 3d meshes for the builder or the info npc. I managed to change the lua files to use the decor npc mesh and it works fine but you might want to look into that. also the trading with the trader npc is broken
Sadly this mod is very much out of date and the topic should probably now be moved to old mods.
It was a project that lost it's direction and now most of its 'features' are available via the api
If you want npcs then I would personally recommend the now much improved mobf npcs (animals modpack)

tinkerlevu

by tinkerlevu » Post

oh okay... well that's a shame :(

TailsTheFoxDoes MT
In-game: TailsTheFox

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Post

I had a problem with it, i loaded it up and the code worked just fine, but, the only SKIN that worked was the Gaurd skin. Also, do you have to type the entity name for the gaurd to attack it?
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

basil60

by basil60 » Post

Hi
thanks for the mod. I installed it without error, and I tried to run the command "/giveme npcf:builder_npc_spawner", but I got an error - "Cannot give an unknown item".
What have I missed? I'm after an info NPC to provide some help to players.

Basil

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

BTW I tried you mob and I love it! It's way better than before. The only thing is, the Mob is unbeatable. You can't kill it, and it won't stop following you. It'd be one thing if it just killed you like a zombie...but it's like a creeper with no weakness! Perhaps you should make it keep its distance if one of the guards are around?
I test mines.

tsukithecatgirl

by tsukithecatgirl » Post

How do i configure my game so that I can enable my downloaded mods? I have the mobile version.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I've forked this mod on github and done some very small modifications. It's very easy to make use of burlis pahtfinder algorithm and to allow the mob to navigate through doors and gates (which it will open). The guard mob turned out to be a very convenient test object for this purpose. He can be "lured" to a place thanks to his follow-me-option, store several positions as patrol points and then navigate independently between those patrol points. The mod may be old - but it's still very practical and the guard works very nicely.

jimy

by jimy » Post

This mod is pretty cool :-) !!
Can you make possible to change the skin of a npc ? That would be funny to populate a town !
@Skomine: is your fork including this pathfinder ?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

jimy wrote: This mod is pretty cool :-) !!
Yes, the npcf mod is very nice.
jimy wrote: Can you make possible to change the skin of a npc ? That would be funny to populate a town !
There are ways to add skin changes to mobs. My mobf_trader mod has such a function. However, if you're after mobs to populate your towns, advanced_npc and villagers might be much more intresting as they're mostly built for that.
jimy wrote: @Skomine: is your fork including this pathfinder ?
No, not the npcf-fork. Take a look at my mob_world_interaction mod. It's required by my fork of npcf anyway. mob_world_interaction contains the pathfinder and other things friendly/intelligent mobs moving in a player-built world might find useful.

getinfonanyang
GitHub: nanyangjoss

by getinfonanyang » Post

Great one
stu wrote:This mod adds some, hopefully useful, non-player characters to the minetest game.
The mod also provides a framework for others to create and manage their own custom NPCs.

Features currently include overhead name tags, formspec handling, ownership and management,
file based backups and automatic duplicate entity removal. (experimental)

These NPC's are not craftable although by default will be available in the creative menu.
Servers would be encouraged to override this default and allocate the NPCs on /give basis.

I was waiting for minetest 0.4.8 to release this, however, it is getting so big now
that I felt It should be posted so that others can help me debug.

Screenshot:

Modpack Version: 0.1.0 (pre-release)*

Minetest Version: 0.4.8 (current-dev)

Depends: default

License Source Code: LGPL

License Textures: WTFPL

Download: Version 0.1.0

Browse Code: Github
Spoiler
To spawn NPCs find for the appropriate spwner in the creative inventory. Place the spawner at
position you want your NPC to spawn then right-click and give the NPC a unique name.

Once spawned, try 'sneak' left/right clicking to tweak the NPC's look direction and position.

Example NPCs currently include:

# Info NPC
The Info NPC is a simple information serving character. You could think of them as a
human book providing information about a particular server location, or whatever else you like.
Supports multiple pages of text. 12 lines per page, ~50 chars per line.

# Deco NPC
A purely decorative NPC, can be set to roam freely and/or follow random players it encounters.

# Guard NPC
Protect yourself and your property against other players and mobs. Features 3d weapon and armor.
Can be left to guard a certain area or set to follow their owner.

# Trader NPC
Provides a quantity based exchange system. The owner can set a given number of exchanges.
This would likely be best used in conjunction with one of the physical currency mods.

# Builder NPC
Not really much point to this atm other than it's really fun to watch. By default, they can only
build a basic hut, however this is compatible (or so it seems) with all the schematics included in
Dan Duncombe's instabuild mod. These should be automatically available for selection if you have
the instabuild mod installed.
See README.md for more information.

*Please note that this modpack is still very much a work in progress, expect to find bugs.
Not recommended for well developed worlds or public servers at this time.

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

Does the patrol feature work? I cant seem to get it going
everything can be a learning experience...

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

At least the patrol function in my fork works. You do need mob_world_interaction for that fork.

It works as follows: Obtain a npcf_guard:npc_spawner. Place it. Right click and enter a uniq name for it. The block will mutate into the guard npc. Right click the npc, check "follow", and go to the first patrol point. The guard will follow you. Once your guard has reached the first partol point, right click him again and click on "add point". Proceeed and move on to the next patrol point and add that as well. When done, right click guard, uncheck "follow" and check "proceed". He'll now walk from point to point indefinitely.

That is, unless a hostile mob distracts the guard. The hostile mob didn't work well for me. It spawned immediately again after getting killed. At least the guard will proceed with his tour once the enemy is gone.

alcatz
In-game: alcatz

by alcatz » Post

Umm I need Help,I Was Playing In My Server For This Mod,And Out Of Nowhere A Bunch Of Headless White Men Started Following Me,They Did No Damage And I One-Shotted Them, But They Kept Spawning
Last edited by alcatz on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
idk what to put

alcatz

by alcatz » Post

alcatz wrote:Umm I need Help,I Was Playing In My Server For This Mod,And Out Of Nowhere A Bunch Of Headless White Mean Started Following Me,They Did No Damage And I One-Shotted Them, But They Kept Spawning
Hmmmm Theyve Disappeared..
idk what to put

alcatz

by alcatz » Post

They Appeared Again (although I was blowing up a mansion from instabuild when they re appeared lol)
idk what to put