[Modpack/Game] Redcrab

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

[Modpack/Game] Redcrab

by Sokomine » Sun Oct 27, 2013 13:04

This modpack is a collection of mods used on Redcrabs server (redcrab.suret.net 30401). It is intended to be used in combination with a "copied" map (using the special client) and contains older versions of some mods plus slightly modified versions so that unknown blocks can be mostly avoided and the world will look the same as on the server.

This is only of intrest if you have saved part of the map yourshelf or intend to run a local copy in order to see the world in full. The map does contain several large structures (Smokis non-deathstar, Wyverns angel statue, Topywos castle, AspireMints aircraft carrier, ...). Running the world with a recent minetest_game will not be satisfying because some textures where changed (cobble, desert sand, ...) as well as some other points (lava cooling - bad for that lava-"writing" in water).

The attachment contains only the collection of mods and ought to be paced in your games/ folder.
Attachments
redcrab_game.zip
(2 MiB) Downloaded 300 times
A list of my mods can be found here.

webdesigner97

GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

CraigyDavi

GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

Neon

In-game: Neon

by Neon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 19:22

Does this include the /setemail command stuff? I thought that was a good idea for a public server (give an email address in exchange for interact privileges) as it aught to make the banning of bad-actors easier

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Oct 27, 2013 19:44

No, it doesn't include server specific stuff. I have no further access to Redcrabs server than normal players. All I can do there is rollback_check/rollback - no access to files. This was built from scratch.

Erthome

In-game: Erthome Azyaqux

by Erthome » Fri Dec 06, 2013 06:00

Sokomine wrote:This modpack is a collection of mods used on Redcrabs server (redcrab.suret.net 30401). It is intended to be used in combination with a "copied" map (using the special client) and contains older versions of some mods plus slightly modified versions so that unknown blocks can be mostly avoided and the world will look the same as on the server.

This is only of intrest if you have saved part of the map yourshelf or intend to run a local copy in order to see the world in full. The map does contain several large structures (Smokis non-deathstar, Wyverns angel statue, Topywos castle, AspireMints aircraft carrier, ...). Running the world with a recent minetest_game will not be satisfying because some textures where changed (cobble, desert sand, ...) as well as some other points (lava cooling - bad for that lava-"writing" in water).

The attachment contains only the collection of mods and ought to be paced in your games/ folder.

BTW... It ~appeared~ as though you included a "too new" version of the "World Edit" mod in that bundle for the 0.4.6 client, at least according to the error messages/in-code comments that showed up in the server command window...If MIGHT be helpful for some if you have/post a pared down media/texture collection? I had only the blue wool come up as unknown, BUT I used a catch all texture collection with over 1400 images so I'm guessing that was major overkill and would not be particularly helpful to others.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Fri Dec 06, 2013 06:21

It should be mentioned that 0.4.8 is now the most stable client. It has a number of bug fixes.
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Dec 06, 2013 20:32

WorldEdit is not critcial for redcrab_game. It's mostly an addition. You can replace it with whatever working version you like :-) In general, the selection of mods ought to run under latest git. That's usually what I test and work with.

Erthome wrote:I had only the blue wool come up as unknown,

The textures are part of the mods. That "blue wool" problem you encountered is known as the "cyan wool problem". I have not yet found a way around it. The special client that saves the map is pretty new, while Redcrabs server runs an old version. Connecting with a newer client to an older world raises that problem. On other servers/maps, other nodes are concerned.

The list of mods used can be found in the README file.

Erthome

In-game: Erthome Azyaqux

by Erthome » Fri Dec 06, 2013 20:48

I used 0.4.6 so far because that is the most current version of a MAC client I have found so far, and I don't want to exclude MAC users...(LOL...in particular, my son who finally got a newer MAC that would run the newer client *rolls eyes*)

It may well be that his client will work fine with the .7 or .8, as well...but as yu said--not always. I just started with the matching server, and also, in this case, I guessed that I'd have better luck testing the Redcrab world and his posted inventory of older mods on 0.4.6 ...

I doubt that I will ever drink the "always use current update" koolaid, but I will definitely try to work my way up the foodchain ;-)
Last edited by Erthome on Fri Dec 06, 2013 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Dec 06, 2013 20:55

If you're intrested in building/maintaining MT for MACs...such people are searched for in #minetest-dev :-)

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Mon Dec 09, 2013 06:01

It looks like somebody might have found a way to get Minetest to work on Macintosh computers for the time being:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=7962
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

Sokomine

Re: [Modpack/Game] Redcrab

by Sokomine » Fri Oct 03, 2014 19:15

There is a simple solution for the cyan wool problem. Just put this abm somewhere (i.e. in a new folder cyanwool/ as the file init.lua):
Code: Select all
minetest.register_abm({
   nodenames = {"unknown"},
   interval = 20,
   chance = 1,
   action = function(pos, node)
      local old_node = minetest.get_node( pos );
      if( old_node and old_node.name and old_node.name=='unknown' ) then
         minetest.swap_node( pos, {name='wool:cyan',param2=0});
      end
   end
})

It can also be found on pastebin.

The above code will convert the unknown nodes into cyan wool - because that was the node that did not get saved correctly. If you've saved a world from another server and encountered the same problem, another node might have been concerned and become "unkown". It will have happend whenever you saved with a client that was more recent than a certain change to the server. If in your case another node was affected, just replace the wool:cyan with whatever node it was.

Return to WIP Mods