[Mod] Nyancat's heaven (reworked) [nyanland]

Post Reply
User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
Posts: 2771
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46
GitHub: HybridDog

[Mod] Nyancat's heaven (reworked) [nyanland]

by Hybrid Dog » Post

I edited Jeija's nyanland mod.
+ Spoiler
To get up you need to build a special portal(↓), teleport or fly very fast with noclip.
+ Spoiler
You are supposed to get back to surface by teleporting, e.g. /spawn chatcommand.

Depends: default, nyancat
License: ← see the license file at github
Download: zip, tar.gz
github: nyanland

Image

If you got ideas or found bugs, please tell them to me.

How to install a mod?
Attachments
portal.png
(251.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
portal2.png
(93.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Hybrid Dog on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:38, edited 10 times in total.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

User avatar
durtective6
Member
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 14:19
In-game: derplez or BlockFrog
Location: a shed in the desert

by durtective6 » Post

it crashes when i go to use it :/
I'm still here, last time I checked at least.

User avatar
Menche
Member
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 00:43
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche
Location: An island in a lava lake.

by Menche » Post

Why do you put weird filters on all of your screenshots?
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

To capture the mod best, Hybrid Dog, try to avoid using filters on the screenshots.

Nyanland is a classic, so I am glad that you revived it.
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

Good idea, but if you use filters, please don't use ones that obscure the screenshots. It's impossible to see anything in the screenshot contained withing the spoiler.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
qwrwed
Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 20:56
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

Has anyone actually figured out how to build the portal?

User avatar
SegFault22
Member
Posts: 870
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 03:17
Location: NaN

by SegFault22 » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:To build it you need (if I counted correctly)
— sand,
— 12 torches,
— 10 mese blocks and
— 4 water sources (or buckets).
After constructing it you need to punch the middle upper mese block with a stick to use it.
About the torches: soon, there may be more than just one "kind" of torch, so why not include "group:torch" as an accepted "torch" for the portal? (ex. glowcrystal torches, from my mod, would be in group:torch, and other torches from other mods too could be put in group:torch)
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

User avatar
qwrwed
Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 20:56
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

Re: [Mod] Nyancat's heaven reworked [nyanland]

by qwrwed » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:To build it you need (if I counted correctly)
— sand,
— 12 torches,
— 10 mese blocks and
— 4 water sources (or buckets).
After constructing it you need to punch the middle upper mese block with a stick to use it.
Can you add instructions on how to build the portal to the main post or the download?
Building it just using the picture did not work for me:
+ Spoiler

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
Posts: 2771
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: [Mod] Nyancat's heaven reworked [nyanland]

by Hybrid Dog » Post

qwrwed wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:To build it you need (if I counted correctly)
— sand,
— 12 torches,
— 10 mese blocks and
— 4 water sources (or buckets).
After constructing it you need to punch the middle upper mese block with a stick to use it.
Can you add instructions on how to build the portal to the main post or the download?
Building it just using the picture did not work for me:
+ Spoiler
You just placed the mese blocks in the water in the middle instead of two ones on both corners of each of the 4 water holes, and I think you put them 1 m too high, I need to add more screenshots…

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
Posts: 2771
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: [Mod] Nyancat's heaven reworked [nyanland]

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
qwrwed wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:To build it you need (if I counted correctly)
— sand,
— 12 torches,
— 10 mese blocks and
— 4 water sources (or buckets).
After constructing it you need to punch the middle upper mese block with a stick to use it.
Can you add instructions on how to build the portal to the main post or the download?
Building it just using the picture did not work for me:
+ Spoiler
You just placed the mese blocks in the water in the middle instead of two ones on both corners of each of the 4 water holes, and I think you put them 1 m too high, I need to add more screenshots…
…one from above:
Image
Attachments
screenshot_4069298404.png
(132.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
Posts: 2771
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Could anyone provide a fitting screenshot for this mod?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

User avatar
DS-minetest
Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:49
GitHub: Desour
IRC: DS-minetest
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: [Mod] Nyancat's heaven (reworked) [nyanland]

by DS-minetest » Post

+ Spoiler
Note that I've recently renamed myself on github and co. to "Desour". (I'm bad at naming things.)
Feel free to call me DS.

User avatar
TailsTheFoxDoes MT
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 20:50
In-game: TailsTheFox
Location: Mobius

Re: [Mod] Nyancat's heaven (reworked) [nyanland]

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
+ Spoiler
Can i use this mod for the Aeri biome? Similar but with a variety of cool mobs. Also, is it possible to edit The Nether's Portal so it's built out of mese and instead of teleporting you down, it will teleport you to the elevation of nyanland in the code? Because i don't know if putting the teleportation coordinates would put you in the ground or would i add 1 to the normal elevation.
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

User avatar
DS-minetest
Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:49
GitHub: Desour
IRC: DS-minetest
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: [Mod] Nyancat's heaven (reworked) [nyanland]

by DS-minetest » Post

why did you quote me?
Note that I've recently renamed myself on github and co. to "Desour". (I'm bad at naming things.)
Feel free to call me DS.

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
Posts: 7497
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
Location: OMICRON
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Nyancat's heaven (reworked) [nyanland]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

DS-minetest wrote:why did you quote me?
Becuz.

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
Posts: 2771
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: [Mod] Nyancat's heaven (reworked) [nyanland]

by Hybrid Dog » Post

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:Can i use this mod for the Aeri biome? Similar but with a variety of cool mobs. Also, is it possible to edit The Nether's Portal so it's built out of mese and instead of teleporting you down, it will teleport you to the elevation of nyanland in the code? Because i don't know if putting the teleportation coordinates would put you in the ground or would i add 1 to the normal elevation.
l don't know the Aeri biome.
l assume it's possible to edit a nether portal this way, the nyanland biome's upper ground is 1 node thick, perlin noise is used to vary the ground height, often there's no ground but air, so there are more awkward problems than sticking in the ground.
Currently you're just teleported above that ground but code could be changed to ensure that the map is generated and then scan the place for a decent target position.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

User avatar
TailsTheFoxDoes MT
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 20:50
In-game: TailsTheFox
Location: Mobius

Re: [Mod] Nyancat's heaven (reworked) [nyanland]

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:Can i use this mod for the Aeri biome? Similar but with a variety of cool mobs. Also, is it possible to edit The Nether's Portal so it's built out of mese and instead of teleporting you down, it will teleport you to the elevation of nyanland in the code? Because i don't know if putting the teleportation coordinates would put you in the ground or would i add 1 to the normal elevation.
l don't know the Aeri biome.
l assume it's possible to edit a nether portal this way, the nyanland biome's upper ground is 1 node thick, perlin noise is used to vary the ground height, often there's no ground but air, so there are more awkward problems than sticking in the ground.
Currently you're just teleported above that ground but code could be changed to ensure that the map is generated and then scan the place for a decent target position.
It's gonna be hard, but i'm making the Atrocious biome off of the colors in this sonic rom hack.
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests