World edit issue and fix

Tx_RushFan

World edit issue and fix

by Tx_RushFan » Post

ISSUE
I ccouldn't get this mod to work. I copied the Uberi-Minetest-WorldEdit-3fa9dfd folder into my Minetest's mods folder. In game I've tried the following:

1. type in /grant worldedit and am told Server -|- Invalid parameters (see /help grant)

2. type in /grant username worldedit and am told Server -|- Unknown privilage:worldedit

FIX:
Minestest folder/worlds/folder of the world you wish to use/world.mt - make sure to add the following:

load_mod_worldedit = true
Last edited by Tx_RushFan on Wed Dec 11, 2013 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Part of your problem was in not renaming the mod folder to just worldedit.
As long as you put it into the mods folder and make sure it's folder name is correct, it should work. You should probably look at some of the faq threads or the ones about loading mods as they will likely mention that renaming mods (especially those from gituhb) needs to be done sometimes.

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

Tx_RushFan wrote:ISSUE
I ccouldn't get this mod to work. I copied the Uberi-Minetest-WorldEdit-3fa9dfd folder into my Minetest's mods folder. In game I've tried the following:

1. type in /grant worldedit and am told Server -|- Invalid parameters (see /help grant)

2. type in /grant username worldedit and am told Server -|- Unknown privilage:worldedit

FIX:
Minestest folder/worlds/folder of the world you wish to use/world.mt - make sure to add the following:

load_mod_worldedit = true
The same thing is done by enabling it in the menu.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Tx_RushFan

by Tx_RushFan » Post

I post when I have an issue that I have been unable to fix through multiple searches here and on Google and trial and error.

I've done this on other forums and haven't had the backlash I have here. I'm sorry if I post a lot but I'm really new and I find responses from people on forums to specific issues gets me on the right track a heck of a lot faster than FAQs ever could. I search but when no answer is found and an hour later I'm not just lost but frustrated as well, I come here.
Last edited by Tx_RushFan on Wed Dec 11, 2013 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

Tx_RushFan wrote:I post when I have an issue that I have been unable to fix through multiple searches here and on Google and trial and error.

I've done this on other forums and haven't had the backlash I have here. I'm sorry if I post a lot but I'm really new and I find responses from people on forums to specific issues gets me on the right track a heck of a lot faster than FAQs ever could. I search but when no answer is found and an hour later I'm not just lost but frustrated as well, I come here.
You're just not looking in the right places then. If you want to know stuff like this, use the IRC, please.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

I personally don't mind people asking questions but there are usually faqs and such that are a good idea to look at. What is very bugging is when someone posts the same question to four different posts. Sometimes patience is a good thing to have. If someone hasn't answered your question within a day or so then maybe try again. I come to the forum 3 or 4 times a day, sometimes more so it can sometimes be hours after someone posts before I can even see their question much less try to answer it.

EDIT: Yeah, using IRC is best if you want quick answers. If it can wait for a little while, the forum is best.
Last edited by LionsDen on Wed Dec 11, 2013 18:34, edited 1 time in total.