Default Panels

nikminers

Default Panels

by nikminers » Post

HELP!!! I'm looking for an older mod I lost when my HDD crashed, I absolutely cannot find it as I don't remember what it's called and I NEED it. Anyway, it's a panel mod that uses default textures. The panels can be placed flat on floors, ceilings, and walls. I've searched Mod Releases and Old Mods, I'd check Modding General if it didn't have 50+ freaking pages which would most certainly trigger a migraine if I tried digging through every page.

Side note; Can somebody PLEASE simplify the Search function for this site? Having to open another page and search the entire site is an old archaic method which tends to get poorer results. I'd put a search bar on each page/topic so you can find what you want in the area you're already in. As for the current search page, just turn it into a refined search page (search by date, date range, topic, keywords, member/modder name, results per page, etc...). Just an idea.

UPDATE: Found it!! Btw, thanks for finding the right one Topywo, but I found it shortly before you gave me the link.
Last edited by nikminers on Mon Mar 10, 2014 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

Hmm.

uses default textures.

It wouldn't be: Secret Mod would it?

I once made a mod with wallpaper-ish stuff (for hidden panels), but I lost it when I switched computers.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

nikminers

by nikminers » Post

Nope, nice mod though. Anyway, I finally found it after another run in Search. It was the Covers Mod, such a simple mod name and I completely forgot it!! This always happens to me, I spend days trying to find something and only seem to find it AFTER asking for help. Anyway, thanks for the quick response. Good to know I can get help if I need it :) Also, about the Search function, I suppose my idea would do the opposite of simplifying, but it would add functionality!
Last edited by nikminers on Mon Mar 10, 2014 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

I couldn't find it on the forums but was it panes or xpanes?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

BrandonReese wrote:I couldn't find it on the forums but was it panes or xpanes?
Dan Duncombe's Covers Mod (covers)

viewtopic.php?id=6371

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Protip: Use any search engine you like and add "site:forum.minetest.net" (without the quotes) to your search query.

nikminers

by nikminers » Post

PilzAdam wrote:Protip: Use any search engine you like and add "site:forum.minetest.net" (without the quotes) to your search query.
Thanks. BTW, love your mods.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

PilzAdam wrote: Protip: Use any search engine you like and add "site:forum.minetest.net" (without the quotes) to your search query.
That helps to a degree. Still, it's difficult to find mods, even if you know what you're looking for. Some more structure or an overview page might be helpful.
A list of my mods can be found here.