[Mod] KPGMobs [kpgmobs]

krupnovpavel

[Mod] KPGMobs [kpgmobs]

by krupnovpavel » Post

KPGMobs by KrupnovPavel
ImageImageImageImage
Based on MOBS-MOD by PilzAdam

Little has changed: added animal and deleted monster.
Removed some bugs, when attacking now overcomes obstacles.
The game now many living creatures.
The sheep and the rat from MOBS-MOD
Deer by Pavel_S

Version info:
Spoiler
Add in v2:
  • deer
  • horse
  • wolf
  • giraffe
  • boar
Add in v3:
  • bear
  • cow
Add in v4:
  • milk
  • bee(pets)[click right button mouse]
  • honey(droped bee)[mmm... very tasty! :)]
Image of bee and honey:
Spoiler
Add in v5:
  • To ride a horse
  • beehive
Spoiler
Add in v6:
  • rename my mod to "kpgmobs"
  • jump on horse
  • species of the horses
Screen:
Spoiler
Comment:
Spoiler
Basically mobs peaceful, except for a wolf. I decided to do that was an incentive at night not to walk about. Liked the game, mine test. But after playing for a bit longer. Was sad, not enough animals. Nephew very much!
Textures and patterns I tried to make light so that you can install the mod on the server. Already checked, loads fast! Take it and install. You will enjoy!
If you like, please the post to me in this forum! For me it is important what you think. Thanks in advance!

License

The MIT License (MIT) https://www.dropbox.com/s/mij0dptwvvztl5b/README.txt
Attachments
kpgmobs_v6.zip
(273.81 KiB) Downloaded 5661 times
mobs_v4.zip
(249.25 KiB) Downloaded 999 times
mobs_v3.zip
(210.92 KiB) Downloaded 794 times
mobsnew.zip
(158.25 KiB) Downloaded 1137 times
mobs_v2.zip
(158.25 KiB) Downloaded 1074 times
Last edited by krupnovpavel on Sat Jan 31, 2015 09:59, edited 2 times in total.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Well, the new animals are certainly an improvement.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

A very nice mod! You ought to show more screenshots, and show them more direct (without having to click on the dropbox link). Else players might miss your mod. And that would be a pity.

The boar model and texture are especially fine. Deer, horses and giraffe fit well together in style, and the wolf also looks fine. But my favorite is the boar :-)

Animation of the models works very fine. Unfortionately, the movement of the animals does seem to be a bit hectic - they're always running around and moving in strange ways. That is due to the simple mobs api - simple mobs does it that way, and it's fine for the aggressive creatures that mod adds, but does not work well for sheep and other peaceful creatures. For such things, mobf is far superior. Perhaps you may take a look at it and offer your mobs for mobf as well? The sheep from Blockmen's creatures mod also know how to stop once in a while and eat a bit of grass. That makes them appear more realistic.

With animals around, there's also the desire to catch some and place them in a fenced off area on your farm. mobf provides a lasso for that; perhaps a wooden cage might do. Breeding is also pretty intresting, and horses invite to ride on them. That's currently beyound what the simple mobs api can provide. mobf has it :-)

Animals that usually live in herds (sheep, horses) ought to do so in Minetest as well. Especially at night. It might be pretty intresting and impressive to watch a herd of sheep actually becoming a herd :-) To my knowledge, no mob api can do something like that so far.

Thanks again for the nice mod. It is a very good start, especially for someone new to the forum. And please see my suggestions above only as what they are - the desire to get something already pretty good to improve even further :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

krupnovpavel

by krupnovpavel » Post

Thank you for this nice post. :) A lot of interesting stressed from your words. About mobf and screenshots will try to do as you said.

krupnovpavel

by krupnovpavel » Post

Added a new version, now bears and cows. First decided on the number of animals to work, then I will be the quality of work.
Last edited by krupnovpavel on Fri Mar 21, 2014 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

How about the male carpenter bee as a mob? He is lovable:
http://youtu.be/rmN52-EIIpI

Can any of these mobs be kept as pets?

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

before
Inocudom wrote:How about the male carpenter bee as a mob? He is lovable:
http://youtu.be/rmN52-EIIpI

Can any of these mobs be kept as pets?
after : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-bzQSKkP0

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Male carpenter bees do not have stingers, only the female carpenter bees do (and carpenter bees aren't aggressive anyway.)

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

Inocudom wrote:Male carpenter bees do not have stingers, only the female carpenter bees do (and carpenter bees aren't aggressive anyway.)
Thanks for info

krupnovpavel

by krupnovpavel » Post

I will try to do the bee for you. :) Soon it will be possible to include Pets animal in the game. Now increase the total number of species mobs. Later do this work.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Great mod krupnovpavel although I did miss the old baddies and put them back in :) Could you have the cow give milk if you right-click it with a bucket ? Also if you add chickens we can make cake :)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

krupnovpavel wrote: Added a new version, now bears and cows. First decided on the number of animals to work, then I will be the quality of work.
Nice! The bears are especially fine. They could be a bit larger, though. Bears are huge, impressive animals you don't want to approach too close :) The model and its animation is very fine.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I've added a function where if you click a cow with an empty bucket you will receive a bucket of milk and a moo sound, drinking a bucket of milk replenishes 4 hearts and returns an empty bucket :)

We are running your mod with the original mobs also on Xanadu server...
Attachments
mobs_v4.zip
(199.51 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

linushsao
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

by linushsao » Post

the mod looks great,but ...how do i install this new mobs? i had install PilzAdam's [Mod] Simple Mobs & sapier's [Mod] MOB Framework [2.3.6] .it seems can't just put this new mobs's folder into /MODS? i mean could this mod works with other two mod?
Last edited by linushsao on Mon Mar 24, 2014 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

Sainx

by Sainx » Post

Mod good but still moist. Offering to make a version of the mod. Be there to correct deficiencies. Still, you can add new mobs. In general, I liked mod.

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

This is a neat mod!
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

CWz
GitHub: chaoswormz
IRC: CWz
In-game: CWz

by CWz » Post

linushsao wrote:the mod looks great,but ...how do i install this new mobs? i had install PilzAdam's [Mod] Simple Mobs & sapier's [Mod] MOB Framework [2.3.6] .it seems can't just put this new mobs's folder into /MODS? i mean could this mod works with other two mod?
I use a modified version that allows this mod to work alongside simplemobs.
Last edited by CWz on Mon Mar 24, 2014 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
I am CWz on the following servers: VanessaE's servers. If you see CWz on server other then those then chances are it's a Fake. you can contact me on irc.freenode.net or by PM if you are not sure

t3tNU9hNyeSJxFOmM5fmtGxlfoJrcBCg

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Here's Krupnovpavel's animals AND PilzAdam's monsters in the same mod for those who want it... The file 'original.lua' has all the PilzAdam mobs with the rest contained within 'init.lua'...

Also, would it be possible to add Rabbits to your mod :)
Attachments
mobs_v5.zip
(303.7 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

krupnovpavel

by krupnovpavel » Post

TenPlus1 Thank you friend, I checked your modification with milk, cool!!! And against the monsters, I took them away from fashion, because I am a believer in God, man. This in my projects I have removed all evil. On account of wild animals I have no objections.
P. S.:
Please when adding a new mod, use the version without the monsters. So I won't clean up every time, of fashion monsters. Thanks for understanding! And thank you for cooperation!

krupnovpavel

by krupnovpavel » Post

Meet new mob! I think he will delight you! All day it was done. The bee be kept as pets!

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

krupnovpavel wrote:Meet new mob! I think he will delight you! All day it was done. The bee be kept as pets!
And an absolutely lovable companion he be too.

krupnovpavel

by krupnovpavel » Post

the mod looks great,but ...how do i install this new mobs? i had install PilzAdam's [Mod] Simple Mobs & sapier's [Mod] MOB Framework [2.3.6] .it seems can't just put this new mobs's folder into /MODS? i mean could this mod works with other two mod?

This mod can work collectively with other mods and separately. It does not depend on other mods. But you cannot rename folder. Should be /mobs/

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

linushsao wrote: the mod looks great,but ...how do i install this new mobs? i had install PilzAdam's [Mod] Simple Mobs & sapier's [Mod] MOB Framework [2.3.6] .it seems can't just put this new mobs's folder into /MODS? i mean could this mod works with other two mod?
You can use mobf in combination with any of the mobs mods, but you currently cannot use mobs (by PilzAdam) and mobs (by krupnovpavels) simulatneously as they share the same namespace.
krupnovpavel wrote: And against the monsters, I took them away from fashion, because I am a believer in God, man. This in my projects I have removed all evil. On account of wild animals I have no objections.
I feel similar to a degree. In my singleplayer worlds, I use mobf - and usually disable all the monsters and only keep the animals - including the wolf. The wolf also attacks players who come close, but at least he has a reason for it (hungry and/or defending territory).
The sandmobs from mobs sometimes fail to attack - and when they wander the streets of a server peacefully, they may almost pass as inhabitants of the desert. Aliens (the dungeon masters may be some) are ok as well. And even the flying mese creatures from zmobs work - they're more funny than anything else :-)
krupnovpavel wrote: Meet new mob! I think he will delight you! All day it was done. The bee be kept as pets!
Excellent! I love the bee :-) Hope to see many of them on servers soon. The movement of the bees is convincing - real ones are usually flying around busily as well :-)
krupnovpavel wrote: This mod can work collectively with other mods and separately. It does not depend on other mods. But you cannot rename folder. Should be /mobs/
Hm, yes. This is a more basic problem. It would have been easy to use both mobs mods simultaneously if you'd have given your mod a diffrent name (i.e. kmobs). See for example zmobs. I'm not sure if minetest.register_alias may help here in order to keep backward compatibility.

Whenever someone writes a mod that also provides an api for other mods (or even mainly consists of said api), it's difficult to decide which path to take. There are several options, and none of them is optimal.

Simple mobs mixes api (mobs/api.lua) and usage of it (the creatures in init.lua plus models and textures) in one mod. The disadvantage here is that you can't get just the api without the creations - you either have to depend on mobs (and get the full package; zmobs does this) or copy the api to your own mod (which you did here). Using a dependency is the cleanest solution as it avoids copies of the same file which will over time divergate and lead to chaos. The problem is that it may confuse unexperienced players who may hesistate to install a mod which depends on others, or they not manage to install it at all.

Sapiers animals modpack mobf uses a cleaner solution here by beeing a modpack and offering its api as a mod (namely mobf). That makes it possible to use the api without the mobs that come with it. At least in theory. Downloading the full package and deleting all other folders exept mobf (plus animalmaterials..) may be far too difficult for clueless users.

There are some standalone libraries which barely get usesd due to modders fearing that their mods won't be used if it gets too complicated. Perhaps at least some of those libs ought to be included in minetest_game - at least the smaller ones.

I'm facing the same problem with my trader - most of the code could be used by other mob mods to a degree, and npcf provides features that'd be great for the traders as well.

krupnovpavel

by krupnovpavel » Post

Dreamed of a fast ride on the horse through the woods and fields? Your dream has come true! Now you can train your horse and then to ride on it. And also you will find the yellow square friend on his way. Immediately say that he is delighted with apples. Favorite character of my nephew. And also added the ability to build a hive for bees. Have fun friends!

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

krupnovpavel wrote:Dreamed of a fast ride on the horse through the woods and fields? Your dream has come true! Now you can train your horse and then to ride on it. And also you will find the yellow square friend on his way. Immediately say that he is delighted with apples. Favorite character of my nephew. And also added the ability to build a hive for bees. Have fun friends!
Yaay! *hugs*

To post images on the forums, use the [ img ] [ / img ] tags, without spaces in between
Last edited by hoodedice on Tue Apr 01, 2014 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build