Uncrafting Table Question

golthem
In-game: Golthem

Uncrafting Table Question

by golthem » Post

Hello everyone! I'm trying to make an uncrafting table mod and got stuck so I'm wondering if any of you would be able to help me.

I was going to make lots and lots of crafting recipes but realized some problems with that.
a. It would take forever!
b. It might conflict with some other recipes

I was looking at the unified inventory mod and was noticing how the crafting recipe show up when you click whatever your trying to craft. Would this be the best place to start?

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Uncrafting Table Question

by Krock » Post

Hello,

The unified inventory is a good place to start, yes.
But you'll have problems finding the correct uncrafting recipe - as already said- there are multiple possible.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

golthem

by golthem » Post

Thank you very much! :)

I'll look over the code and see what I can do.

I might see about making it choose the first recipe or maybe I could do something with the unified inventory alternate button.

Thanks again!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Recycling nodes by "uncrafting" them back to their basic materials would be very helpful in certain situations. It could fit very well into the technic mod. Apart from alternate receipes, receipes which take e.g. group:wood might also constitute a problem.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

It is a great idea, and I applaud you on it. I hope you get somewhere with it. I unfortunately am trying to develop a python/pygame game on my own, so I can't really offer help. But I can offer you luck. ;)

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Just an idea: you could use register_on_craft, and store the recipe used into the item stack's metadata, and use the metadata on the uncrafting table to retrieve the original recipe. Of course, this is a no go with items using the metadata for other purposes (for example, there's a mod that allows to write on books which uses metadata to store the text, and most technic tools use it for various purposes).
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Hm, doesn't really work. What if items crafted through diffrent receipes are stacked?

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Sokomine wrote:Hm, doesn't really work. What if items crafted through diffrent receipes are stacked?
Hmm... good point. Ignore the idea :P
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

golthem

by golthem » Post

Well thanks anyways! :)

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

Is it possible to get the recipe from the mods, and in the case of groups, use a default material. Like group:wood could have be defaulted to default:wood.

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

basic machines does a pretty good job of this in the recycler
uses fuel, if several items are crafted then you need several to uncraft, conflict avoidance by being able to select which method to uncraft, only gives around 70% of items back so its not to op.

of course, this is EXTREMELY op
here is an example
you want to uncraft a dirt block for whatever reason
perhaps it can be crafted in 2 different ways
the first way involves 1 piece of gravel
the second involves a grass block and lawn scissors(normally you would get the scissors back)

this is broken because you could just mine a dirt block, uncraft it, place/break the grass block and repeat. you now have an unlimited suply of lawn scissors which could be uncrafted into 3 iron each
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.