Mob models and textures

golthem
In-game: Golthem

Mob models and textures

by golthem » Post

I'm currently working on a taming animals mod and boss mod using simple mobs API, I've been learning parts of blender but I'm still not the greatest at it so, I was wondering if anyone has a tutorial for making models (for simple mobs) in blender?

If not, is there anything other than modeling the mob that I will need to do?

Thanks in advance!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: Mob models and textures

by Sokomine » Post

You also need to give the mob a texture and animation(s) so that it will look convincing.

There's some taming involved regarding the omnipresent sheep. Unfortionately, it doesn't really work. The only known "taming" function is to capture wild mobf (animals) mobs with a lasso and placing them on your meadow with fences around. They'll stay there. Simple mobs mobs will just jump over the fence. In not so rare cases, they'll stack up (jump on each other's back) and thus escape or just despawn. Attempts to tame them have been given up on VanessaEs servers after many unsuccessful tries by diffrent people. The remaining cages can still be found around spawn.

golthem

by golthem » Post

Thank you for the information!

As for the taming, I already have the code, I just need the models. The way it works in my mod: You right click a wolf with raw meat, then the wolf will be picked but replaced by a dog in your inventory, place the dog on the ground and the dog will follow you.

This has all been done and works. For now, I'm using the kpgmobs model for the dog, I'm hoping to add a cat soon.

Thanks!

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Sounds a good idea golthem, hope to see a working mod soon :)

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

golthem wrote:I'm currently working on a taming animals mod and boss mod using simple mobs API, I've been learning parts of blender but I'm still not the greatest at it so, I was wondering if anyone has a tutorial for making models (for simple mobs) in blender?

If not, is there anything other than modeling the mob that I will need to do?

Thanks in advance!
Here are some links you might find useful

http://wiki.minetest.com/wiki/Using_Blender
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9068
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8911
http://www.blendernation.com/2014/04/30 ... n-blender/

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

golthem wrote:then the wolf will be picked but replaced by a dog in your inventory,
Eeeh...WHAT?!
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

golthem

by golthem » Post

Krock, I'm not sure what you're meaning by that, did I make it difficult to understand or are you asking why it gets added to the inventory?

Thanks TenPlus1! I'm hoping so too! :)

Thanks for the links stu! They look like they are what I'm looking for! :D