[Mod] Wardrobe [wardrobe]

indriApollo
GitHub: indriApollo
IRC: indriApollo
In-game: SudoAptGetPlay

Re: [Mod] Wardrobe [wardrobe]

by indriApollo » Post

My fork has been updated (thanks to CloudyProton) to add a skin preview in the menu.
Spoiler

Minix
In-game: Minix

Re: [Mod] Wardrobe [wardrobe]

by Minix » Post

Hello, I really like this mod over the other skin mods because of its simplicity and the fact that you have to make an object to be able to change your skin which makes it more rewarding.

Back in December I made a bash script which downloads the skins from http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net and automatically generates the skins.txt file that the wardrobe mod uses. It is mostly finished and functional but there is still an issue where skins whose names contain non-alphanumeric characters will not be usable in-game, that is easy to fix but I have not gotten to it, I will share the script in the hope that it is useful for someone and you can use it for whatever you want.

Some details about the script:

-You need to use indriApollo's fork which is the most functional version I tested of the wardrobe mod: https://github.com/indriApollo/minetest-mod-wardrobe
-It only downloads skins that do not have the NC (non-commercial) tag in the license to avoid issues
-It is pretty much failsafe which means that if something goes wrong it will revert the changes made to the skins.txt file and the textures folder, while also printing to stdout what went wrong
-It is meant to be used as a cron job or systemd service and it is designed to work on slow networks while also using little bandwidth, the main way to accomplish that is by reusing the same connection which also makes it perform faster
-It should work on POSIX systems which have the bash shell (this is important as it uses a little bash workaround)
-When executing it you have to specify the absolute path to the wardrobe mod folder, for example, you would execute it like this:

./skinsync.sh /minetest/myserver/worldmods/wardrobe

Last but not least, feel free to check the code, it is quite a mess within 100 lines of code and may need more comments, if I ever have the time to properly fix it I will update this post.

Just unzip the file and place the shell script wherever you want.
Attachments
skinsync.zip
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 51 times