how to play with no instructions?????

mojuave

how to play with no instructions?????

by mojuave » Tue Aug 26, 2014 00:05

ok so again as other posts still new to this game never played minecraft.

so I am trying to hook up power and cant seem to do it. to make an array i need materials from a grinder(dust) BUT i cant grind unless i make power ??? I am running technic mod and all the dependencies, unified inventory and few others.

no I go in the item list to build something sometimes it shows me sometimes it dont. So really my question is how do I make things and make them work without instructions or any guidence is it a guessing game until its figured out?

is there another way to make dust ie. coal, copper, gold besides a grinder? does a grinder even make dust? im just assuming

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

Re: how to play with no instructions?????

by Sokomine » Tue Aug 26, 2014 02:13

mojuave wrote:so I am trying to hook up power and cant seem to do it. to make an array i need materials from a grinder(dust) BUT i cant grind unless i make power ??? I am running technic mod and all the dependencies, unified inventory and few others.

The main advantage of the grinder is that it doubles your ore output. You get two dust per lump, and those can be melted into one ingot each. In order to get started with technic, you can build a coal-driven generator. There's even a coal-driven alloy furnace to make alloys out of ingots.

mojauve wrote:no I go in the item list to build something sometimes it shows me sometimes it dont. So really my question is how do I make things and make them work without instructions or any guidence is it a guessing game until its figured out?

Some servers have nice instructions of how technic works (i.e. Landrush) or players who can help via IRC. On a server, it's easier to see how others did it and to get fast answers to questions. Technic isn't easy for getting started.

mojauve wrote:is there another way to make dust ie. coal, copper, gold besides a grinder? does a grinder even make dust? im just assuming

Yes, using a grinder to make dust is the right way. And later on, there'll be more efficient energy sources which don't require coal.
A list of my mods can be found here.

mojuave

by mojuave » Tue Aug 26, 2014 03:01

ok I got the coal figured out and the tubes to load the chests is there any way to automatically refeed the generator with coal i collect in the chest

mojuave

by mojuave » Tue Aug 26, 2014 03:09

is there anything that will make a section of the map be loaded at all times so auto miners work when i leave area?

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:41

mojuave wrote:is there anything that will make a section of the map be loaded at all times so auto miners work when i leave area?

No. (iirc)

mojuave

by mojuave » Tue Aug 26, 2014 14:24

mojauve wrote:is there another way to make dust ie. coal, copper, gold besides a grinder? does a grinder even make dust? im just assuming

Yes, using a grinder to make dust is the right way. And later on, there'll be more efficient energy sources which don't require coal.[/quote]

What I am doing is I am on my own individual game while playing with mods and really learning to play. But The things I am trying to build tells me I need other things IE grinder so I can make dust. My recipe of parts needed to make a grinder includes parts made of dust. Since I am my own game I kinda cheated and built one but if I am not on my own game how do I build like this?

Return to WIP Mods