*** Please Note ***
Coders Please update the README.TXT and version information header on your forks\commits. While I am not actively maintaining, I can be reached at the e-mail [minetest @ rabbibob dot com] supplied in the original code and I can merge with the base if there are substantial changes\improvements.
- Description - Created for my children to add some colorful nodes to building and also to add light. Uses Unified Dyes to provide 89 colors in each of the four basic nodes. Simply craft and place a neutral-colored fence or block (or their "wavy" counterparts), then punch the block while wielding dye to change its color.
- Code License - GPLv2/later
- License of textures and sounds -
- Development Version: 20201103
- Dependencies: Mesecons, Unified Dyes
Let me know if you use this mod on your public server
Download: https://github.com/minetest-mods/BobBlo ... master.zip
...or browse the code: https://github.com/minetest-mods/BobBlocks
- Minetest Build Test | Ver | TAR | ZIP | Alternate Texture Sizes*
- 20120122 | 0.0.1 | tar | zip
- 20120122 | 0.0.2 | tar | zip
- 20120122 - 20120408 | 0.0.3 | tar | zip
- 20120122 - 20120408 | 0.0.4 | tar | zip | 16x16 | 32x32
- 20120122 - 20120408 | 0.0.5 | tar | zip | 16x16 | 64x64
- 20120318 - 0.4.2 RC1 | 0.0.6 | tar | zip | 16x16 | 64x64
- 20121207 - 0.4.4 | 0.0.7 | tar | zip | 16x16 | 64x64 (no changes to textures from 0.0.6)
- 20130305 - 0.4.5 | 0.0.8 | tar | zip | 16x16 | 64x64 (no changes to textures since 0.0.6)
- 20170209 - squashed and merged Vanessa's recent changes to Master. No changes to textures. Version info not updated
- 20201103 - 0.0.9 | Merged Vanessa and Panquesito7's changes to Master. Added 64x64 textures to GitHub.
- Allows minetestmapper.py to represent BobBlock colors
- See this post for complete listing
- See VanessaE's colors.txt file for a comprehensive list of multiple mods.
Note: untested by Me
- Initial publish
- Reworked recipes output amounts per suggestion
- Created lightpoles/fences based on "fencelike" drawtype. Building type is a fence, so all node properties follow suit.
- Provided recipe for "Wavy" block and its corresponding pole - "Wavy" texture still under review
- Updated for 20120318
- Corrected un-diggable node issue re: groups
- material left for backwards compatibility with 20120122
- Verified works with 20120320 - no package changes needed
- Added Health Node - defaults to off. Punch on and walk over to receive 10HP
- Broke out parts into group lua files (blocks, poles, health)
- On/Off states for all bobblocks blocks - default to light on \ punch for light off. Right-click the block to turn it on/off.
- Translucent off state for bobblock blocks (not poles)
- Screenshots and notes here
- Added alternate texture sizes 16x16 & 32x32
- Changed default texture to 32x32
- On\Off states for all bobblocks poles - default to light on \ punch for light off
- Added Mesecons (video) compatibility for blocks and poles: Making Discussion ~ Working Code. I'm debating on how I want to implement the dependency (either two versions of this or a straight depends) as I'm already seeing an issue of depending on another mod.
- Added directions for dependency in main post and in the init.lua file.
- Merged blocks and poles lua files. Long story.
- Pit trap is available (currently in testing), however turned off in init.lua
- Added ReadMe.txt (because people RTFM, right?)
- Added recipes for traps, activated in init.lua, and created hidden (set) states for spike traps (see video). Added Death Dealer's spike textures. Fake grass node finished (see video).
- Added sounds to blocks, poles, health and traps
- Removed deprecated material = minetest.digprop_glasslike(1.0), from nodes (breaks backwards compatibility pre- v20120318) and deprecated registered falling node
- Corrected for latest Mesecons version
- All blocks and poles are now Mesecon conductors
- Removed Jeija support (not backwards compatible)
- Added conductor property to health block
- BobBlocks has a birthday! (3/13/12)
- Added "not_in_creative_inventory=1" to all off-state light blocks & sprung traps per suggestion
- Corrected drop type issues (major trap dropped minor trap, extra orange pole)
- Corrected internal version documentation issue
- Added GitHub repo. We'll see how that goes...
- Merged 21 commits back to the original base and tested basic functionality.
- This fall I want to learn a better way of generating multiple like nodes in .lua before completing this.
- Create stair nodes.
- Also see Basic node_box thread for ideas on new blocks
- Remove fake grass node after passing through
- Frickin' Laser Beams <-April Fool's Joke. I may see if it works some day.
Current Bug List
- Minor: Using "alpha = WATER_ALPHA," to achieve transparency creates a block that sees through the ground beneath it. See this postfor example.
- Minor: Need to figure out way to trigger spike death sound without the loop due to being with the ABM proximity loop (sound plays after death until respawn).