VanessaE's Home Decor modpack
This modpack is what I consider to be a nice, feature-filled home decor collection. It consists of multiple parts:
- The Home Decor mod itself, which supplies a bunch of stuff found in and around most homes (like window shutters, flower pots, home electronics, brass and wrought-iron tables, kitchen stuff, bathroom fixtures, and lots more)
- A "3d extras" mod, which redefines a few non-homedecor items to make them more 3d in appearance (e.g. bookshelves)
- sdzen's building_blocks mod, which supplies a number of additional decorative nodes both for building and for use in recipes
- thefamilygrog's lrfurn mod, which adds couches/sofas and small tables
- kaeza's computers mod, which supplies several modern and classic computers, peripherals, and gaming consoles.
- qwrwed's plasmascreen mod
- bas080's inbox mod
- jp's fork of the fake_fire mod
- my fork of Doc's chains/chandelier mod, with brass textures by jp
- my fork of Zeg9's Item Frames mod
- My/kaeza's signs library mod, forked from PilzAdam's version and rewritten to include some new features.
This modpack is a work-in-progress, but is complete enough to be useful, and shouldn't irritate anyone too badly. :-)
► Mod Info
Dependencies: Minetest engine 0.4.11 and "default" from minetest_game.
Recommends: windmill, unifieddyes, moreblocks, unified_inventory.
Conflicts: Any of the mods mentioned in the "consists of multiple parts" list at the top of this post, if installed separately. This modpack provides all of their functionality anyway, and in most cases improves on them.
License: LGPL for all lua code. CC-By-SA for the door and gate sounds. WTFPL for all of my textures and everything else.
PLEASE NOTE: This mod is a rolling-release and receives commits frequently. Check this thread and the "code" link below for updates!
Get it as a zip: https://github.com/VanessaE/homedecor_modpack/zipball/master
...or browse the code: https://github.com/VanessaE/homedecor_modpack
Install: Unzip the distribution archive, rename the resultant VanessaE-homedecor_modpack-blahblah folder to just "homedecor_modpack", move it into Minetest's mods directory, and enable the modpack via your desired world's "Configure" menu as usual.
► Crafting Guide
Please browse over to The Home Decor Crafting Guide.
Some of the items shown in that guide require the presence of one or more extra mods (see above). Look for the orange highlights. Where those extra mods are not present, the objects requiring them cannot be crafted, but they can still be acquired in creative more or with /giveme.
For more info and discussion specific to the Building Blocks mod in this modpack, see also the original forum thread for that mod. The Home Decor Crafting Guide contains an up-to-date version of the crafting guide shown in the first post of that thread (re-drawn from scratch).
► Credits / Miscellaneous
- Various bits of code (especially for the inventory code used in various places), plus a few miscellaneous images, were borrowed from the files which come with Minetest and altered to suit.
- Many thanks to Jeija for coming up with an elegant cylinder using nodeboxes (see his 'irregular' mods). A variation of his code is used for the round brass lampposts.
- Many thanks also to GloopMaster for explaining how to do use the inventory stuff.
- A special thanks to jin_xi and cornernote for helping me figure out what was going wrong with the on-placement code for the fridge.
- The shapes for the various 3dforniture objects came from Tonyka's mod (though all code has been written from scratch). Many thanks to Kaeza for integrating those items into this modpack!
As mentioned above, a re-implemented version of Tonyka's The 3dforniture mod has been incorporated into Home Decor, courtesy of Kaeza. Textures used for those nodes are from my 16px HDX texture pack. Node and texture names remain the same, with the help of a few aliases, so that existing maps, texture packs, other mods, etc. need no changes. A couple of recipes are different from the original mod owing to the availability of more suitable materials, and to avoid recipe conflicts with other mods. One other change that was made to 3dforniture is that the desk lamp no longer shows several copies in the creative inventory, and different textures are used for the different brightness levels, for added flexibility.
Also as mentioned above, I made my own tweak of thexyz's nodebox-based 3d signs mod (based on PilzAdam's fork), which was intended to make it possible to put a sign directly onto a wooden fencepost. That code has since been incorporated into Home Decor so that signs can be placed onto wrought iron and brass fenceposts also. The yard signs and regular wall signs are of course still included in this version of that code.
Unlike any previous versions of that code, this one supports full multi-colored text! Simply use the "#" sign and number 0-9 or letter a-f (for the values 10-15), e.g. a single hexadecimal digit, to change the color. By default, the text will be displayed in black if no color is chosen. The color palette follows the good old industry-standard 16-color CGA console palette that we're all familiar with (e.g. the standard Linux terminal/DOS command prompt colors). See the preceding link for the list of colors.
For information on creating the more esoteric colors used in this mod, see the Unified Dyes Page. Only a few of the colors provided by that mod are used by this one, and not all of the colors used in this mod require Unified Dyes (most come from the game's built-in ones or via mixtures of various materials).
A few items in this modpack require colors from Unified Dyes.
Many items can be used as fuel but the burn times need tuning, and I need to tune the cook time and fuel usage on the smelted items. Sound effects could use some work, too.
The sounds used for doors and gates were copied from http://www.freesound.org/people/Slanesh/sounds/31768/ and http://www.freesound.org/people/j1987/sounds/106116/, respectively. The toilet flushing sound came directly from the 3dforniture mod.
Sdzen's building_blocks mod has been imported into this modpack and improved a bit as it is needed to supply a few basic materials that just can't be made in any sane way otherwise.
- A desk tidy/pen holder.
- Assorted shower gels, bars of soap, liquid soap dispensers, etc.
- Chess board
- Children's toy boxes, male and female editions.
- Clothing lines.
- Food processor / blender
- Ironing board with unfolded and folded variants.
- Kitchen bowls, jugs, scissors, knives block, cutting boards, draining boards, etc.
- Nicer rugs
- Plasma lamps/ball
- Saloon doors
- Washing baskets