Latest release: The Walls 2.0 (Made By KingSmarty)
Compatible with: Minetest-0.4.2-rc1-d38b465 and above
Dependencies: Teleporter Mod - http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2149
Download Link: DROPBOX
The Walls is a PvP survival map inspired in the original one created for minecraft, that takes back Minetest to it's roots: crafting, surviving and creativity.
The map is separated by giant cloud walls, players start each on their own platforms and when the timer reach 00:00, the walls falls and the players can kill each other. The last man standing wins the game.
You can craft swords, build traps, fortress and much more....I want your input on how i can make this map better, and other ideas.
However there are some rules!
The Rules (Player)
- Wait for host to give you a "area" before the game starts. This is your starting position.
- Once in your area, you can free to go and prepare yourself before the walls goes down.
- DO NOT break any wall blocks.
- DO NOT leave your zone delimited by wool blocks.
- DO NOT build over the walls height.
- You can create alliances, however only one player can win. Treasons are encouraged.
- Use your skills, intelligence and creativity to kill other players.
- Place the folders named "mod1" and "wallmod" into the mods folder.
- Place the players in their area via "teleporters" on the spawn.
- To start the game, press start when everyone is ready. You cannot reset! So make sure everyone is ready.
- Make sure your config file sets -287,80,-63 as the spawn.
- Make sure you have creative OFF, and start with an empty inventory.
- If you want the game to go on longer, feel free to edit the init.lua file in the mod1 folder.
My Notes And To-Do List
This map is very fun as long as you have the proper mods installed, for example the gun mod, throwing mod, trap mod, etc. Anything that is for pvp. Also thanks to PilzAdam for the add-on the deletes the wall.
Things that will come in next versions:
- Add traps to the map
- add hidden chest with tnt, or similar weapons. - DONE
- make the world more square. - DONE
version 1.5 - http://minus.com/lbjNyRpYvgbMAn
version 1.0 - http://minus.com/lA9XaYoaNhN9d
2/20/2013 - http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 596#p71596
2/19/2013 - http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 321#p71321
9/5/2012 - http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 168#p41168
8/29/2012 - Map added to forum.
Licence - WTFPL
Credits: PilzAdam for creating the small add-on that deletes the walls and Hypixel for creating this on Minecraft. KingSmarty for continuing to make the map better