3d models(solved, full list)

User avatar
GJH105775
Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 16:11
Location: Ohio, USA

3d models(solved, full list)

by GJH105775 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 02:14

What formats of 3d models am I able to use with minetest?
Last edited by GJH105775 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my mod xtrablocks, has some different types of marble that you can build with or mine at different depths

I am not here regularly as I just kind of pop in and out. If you want to find me I'll be on quadcopterforum.com helping with multirotor builds and spending other's money haha.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/ ... hicons.jpg
 

User avatar
Gambit
Member
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Sat Feb 23, 2013 03:28

The character model is .blend while certain mods use .b3d.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001
 

User avatar
GJH105775
Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 16:11
Location: Ohio, USA

by GJH105775 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 04:18

Ok, thanks I us ubuntu and saw that .b3d worked but do not have a program to us b3d. Know of any?
Check out my mod xtrablocks, has some different types of marble that you can build with or mine at different depths

I am not here regularly as I just kind of pop in and out. If you want to find me I'll be on quadcopterforum.com helping with multirotor builds and spending other's money haha.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/ ... hicons.jpg
 

User avatar
GJH105775
Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 16:11
Location: Ohio, USA

by GJH105775 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 04:34

Is there any way I could use any program but blender?
Check out my mod xtrablocks, has some different types of marble that you can build with or mine at different depths

I am not here regularly as I just kind of pop in and out. If you want to find me I'll be on quadcopterforum.com helping with multirotor builds and spending other's money haha.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/ ... hicons.jpg
 

lkjoel
Member
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 19:27
Location: Gallifrey

by lkjoel » Sat Feb 23, 2013 04:52

GJH105775 wrote:Is there any way I could use any program but blender?

I was wondering the same thing... it's so darned hard to use. I think you just gotta learn it, because you won't regret it (or so I heard, from everyone I've talked to). I'm with you though, I really think that it's way too complex.
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.
 

prestidigitator
Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 23:54

by prestidigitator » Sat Feb 23, 2013 07:34

I thought the models had to be exported as some other format (with a ".x" extension) for Minetest to use them.
Last edited by prestidigitator on Sat Feb 23, 2013 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
GJH105775
Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 16:11
Location: Ohio, USA

by GJH105775 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:56

I decided to do the grunt work in misfit 3d then save as .obj and import to blender to save as .blend
Check out my mod xtrablocks, has some different types of marble that you can build with or mine at different depths

I am not here regularly as I just kind of pop in and out. If you want to find me I'll be on quadcopterforum.com helping with multirotor builds and spending other's money haha.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/ ... hicons.jpg
 

User avatar
Traxie21
Member
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:48
Location: McKinney, Texas U.S.A.

by Traxie21 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:58

For the things you have to do for Minetest, Blender is easy to use.
I made a sheep model in about 2 minutes.
 

User avatar
stu
Member
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 02:51
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Sun Feb 24, 2013 21:04

Traxie21 wrote:For the things you have to do for Minetest, Blender is easy to use.
I made a sheep model in about 2 minutes.


+1 It only took me a few online video tutorials to get up to speed.

Before that I'd only ever used Google sketchup for 3d.
 

prestidigitator
Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 23:54

by prestidigitator » Sun Feb 24, 2013 23:01

Yeha, the "Noob to Pro" tutorials for Blender are awesome, and get you up to speed very quickly.
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3157
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:57

Any format Irrlicht supports can be used, as far as I know.

r stands for "read", r/w for "read/write".

Currently supported textures file formats:

JPEG File Interchange Format (.jpg, r/w)
Portable Network Graphics (.png, r/w)
Truevision Targa (.tga, r/w)
Windows Bitmap (.bmp, r/w)
Zsoft Paintbrush (.pcx, r/w)
Portable Pixmaps (.ppm, r/w)
Adobe Photoshop (.psd, r)
Quake 2 textures (.wal, r)
SGI truecolor textures (.rgb, r)

Currently supported mesh file formats:

Animated objects:

B3D files (.b3d, r, skeleton)
Microsoft DirectX (.x, r) (binary & text, skeleton)
Milkshape (.ms3d, r, skeleton)
Quake 3 models (.md3, r, morph)
Quake 2 models (.md2, r, morph)

Static objects:

Irrlicht scenes (.irr, r/w)
Irrlicht static meshes (.irrmesh, r/w)
3D Studio meshes (.3ds, r)
Alias Wavefront Maya (.obj, r/w)
Lightwave Objects (.lwo, r)
COLLADA 1.4 (.xml, .dae, r/w)
OGRE meshes (.mesh, r)
My3DTools 3 (.my3D, r)
Pulsar LMTools (.lmts, r)
Quake 3 levels (.bsp, r)
DeleD (.dmf, r)
FSRad oct (.oct, r)
Cartography shop 4 (.csm, r)
STL 3D files (.stl, r/w)
PLY 3D files (.ply, r/w)
Last edited by Calinou on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
GJH105775
Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 16:11
Location: Ohio, USA

by GJH105775 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:41

Calinou wrote:Any format Irrlicht supports can be used, as far as I know.

r stands for "read", r/w for "read/write".

Currently supported textures file formats:

JPEG File Interchange Format (.jpg, r/w)
Portable Network Graphics (.png, r/w)
Truevision Targa (.tga, r/w)
Windows Bitmap (.bmp, r/w)
Zsoft Paintbrush (.pcx, r/w)
Portable Pixmaps (.ppm, r/w)
Adobe Photoshop (.psd, r)
Quake 2 textures (.wal, r)
SGI truecolor textures (.rgb, r)

Currently supported mesh file formats:

Animated objects:

B3D files (.b3d, r, skeleton)
Microsoft DirectX (.x, r) (binary & text, skeleton)
Milkshape (.ms3d, r, skeleton)
Quake 3 models (.md3, r, morph)
Quake 2 models (.md2, r, morph)

Static objects:

Irrlicht scenes (.irr, r/w)
Irrlicht static meshes (.irrmesh, r/w)
3D Studio meshes (.3ds, r)
Alias Wavefront Maya (.obj, r/w)
Lightwave Objects (.lwo, r)
COLLADA 1.4 (.xml, .dae, r/w)
OGRE meshes (.mesh, r)
My3DTools 3 (.my3D, r)
Pulsar LMTools (.lmts, r)
Quake 3 levels (.bsp, r)
DeleD (.dmf, r)
FSRad oct (.oct, r)
Cartography shop 4 (.csm, r)
STL 3D files (.stl, r/w)
PLY 3D files (.ply, r/w)





THANK YOU!, That Is exatly what I wanted to know (and what I wanted to hear). +5
Check out my mod xtrablocks, has some different types of marble that you can build with or mine at different depths

I am not here regularly as I just kind of pop in and out. If you want to find me I'll be on quadcopterforum.com helping with multirotor builds and spending other's money haha.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/ ... hicons.jpg
 


Return to WIP Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bastrabun, Imk, MSN [Bot], techniX and 4 guests