The Deep Life -rpgtest by DeepGaze

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

The Deep Life -rpgtest by DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Fri May 10, 2013 00:58

a detailed and feature packed game with a strong community element. if you want more? ask. if you can help please do
a small section

[spoiler]http://imgur.com/e7Fqs2r (img not working :-( ) this will be in the next release along with a slght change in the tardis console i lowered it to mke it more realistic :-)
or you can get my boat here(has portholes) http://www.mediafire.com/download/9qeq5l2ziyekrlx/ship.we[/spoiler]

links:
art project: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6321
tardis block: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?pid=95880#p95880
game links
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9m4l3dlllos6835/the_deeplife_V.3.zip

please if you take screen-shots share so I can post as top of this topic!
this is a run-down of the features in the current version
[spoiler]guide room
the station (port of navigation)
house
grassland tutorial
dive zone
sunken chapel (empty at the moment)
mines
the arch
the pillar (needs idea)
the deapth of reality (trap cave)
tardis
the glass boat (basic! Needs more detail!)
the isle
tavern/inn
water caves
the cliff dig
lava sea
lava ponders
the corridor(end of the stairs in base)
eye heart 8bit art show
the glass bunker
hell (nether)
the haus (artistic house)
sky stack
the float
sand cave
light temple (empty)
the bunker (beneath art zone)
crystal dome
the prothean ruins
[/spoiler]
:) thankyou

ps. developer note!
[spoiler]If you wish to help here is a list of parameters for the task (so it works in game)

tardis
centre console block that asks for coordinates to build tardis at. (destroys closed coordinates tardis ) thus only having one and a control room (doesn’t break control room) curent tardis at : /teleport 1012.3,1.5,-156.2 . this works on the multiple teleport block system. Please write as a mod! It means I can still work on other map features whilst a kind human is writing the script

sunken chapel
if we had some monks in there it would help to give effect. Maybe if you hit a certain block (holy shrine?) they become evil and attack? Unless you hit the shrine again?[/spoiler]
Last edited by DeepGaze on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

epsonok0
Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 00:47

by epsonok0 » Fri May 10, 2013 17:21

Ill assit you. I want you to first reveiw super city. The first download is in the maps section under super city.
Then post your link to download your city. Ill evaluate it.
I dont have much concern with how you feel about my opinion. Thats why its my opinion and not yours.
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Sun May 12, 2013 21:47

epsonok0 wrote:Ill assit you. I want you to first reveiw super city. The first download is in the maps section under super city.
Then post your link to download your city. Ill evaluate it.

nice city.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Mon May 13, 2013 10:33

my city comes needs a load of mods so i will also put a mod file link in. i wont publicise the city at first and only show some screen shots. sorry. the world i will email to some evaluation groups. if they private message the emails to me i will send a link. though i am letting them use the world and mods please do not share it . i can only share the file with five at present. so please leave a reason to be picked. i will not spam you!
i will delete the email address immediately after selection and emailing. thankyou
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Mon May 13, 2013 10:36

DeepGaze wrote:my city comes needs a load of mods so i will also put a mod file link in. i wont publicise the city at first and only show some screen shots. sorry. the world i will email to some evaluation groups. if they private message the emails to me i will send a link. though i am letting them use the world and mods please do not share it . i can only share the file with five at present. so please leave a reason to be picked. i will not spam you!
i will delete the email address immediately after selection and emailing. thankyou

Why do you have so restrictive rules in an open source community?
 

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
Location: A forest in the midwest
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Mon May 13, 2013 12:04

DeepGaze wrote:my city comes needs a load of mods so i will also put a mod file link in. i wont publicise the city at first and only show some screen shots. sorry. the world i will email to some evaluation groups. if they private message the emails to me i will send a link. though i am letting them use the world and mods please do not share it . i can only share the file with five at present. so please leave a reason to be picked. i will not spam you!
i will delete the email address immediately after selection and emailing. thankyou

Why such rigid rules? What, are you afraid someone will steal it? :P
Back from the dead!
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Mon May 13, 2013 12:07

I have no fileshare account and to reduce it becoming spam I would only email 5+ it was meant to be a proposed number for its development and avoiding too many alternate's so it runs smoothly. it was not meant to be "restrictive" but a means to keep it functional. my grammar previously was bad, so i might gave a wrong message. the email system was so I avoided the spamming of users. the reason I would want only a few reviewers is it is only 59% approx. built. sorry if I caused offence to any users. i cannot email all users so sorry
it is nothing to do with stealing it is to do with being incomplete and ease of sharing. i cannot afford a fileshare account.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
Location: A forest in the midwest
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Mon May 13, 2013 12:16

DeepGaze wrote:I have no fileshare account and to reduce it becoming spam I would only email 5+ it was meant to be a proposed number for its development and avoiding too many alternate's so it runs smoothly. it was not meant to be "restrictive" but a means to keep it functional. my grammar previously was bad, so i might gave a wrong message. the email system was so I avoided the spamming of users. the reason I would want only a few reviewers is it is only 59% approx. built. sorry if I caused offence to any users. i cannot email all users so sorry
it is nothing to do with stealing it is to do with being incomplete and ease of sharing. i cannot afford a fileshare account.

You do realize there are free file sharing accounts? Like dropbox? Of course, that's only 2gb. but it is plenty for minetest related things.
Back from the dead!
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Mon May 13, 2013 12:29

i was un-aware i shall sort a account for the file thankyou evergreen
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Mon May 13, 2013 13:37

link for the file is ready
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Mon May 20, 2013 12:38

if anyone is still reading this forum please comment your thoughts and vote i need some criteria for the next release! and I need screenshots the only reason i do not take them is it is a project built for you so your fave places are my interests
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
lonely
Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 15:30
Location: Germany

by lonely » Mon May 20, 2013 15:08

Do i really need ALL THAT MODS???
Aperture science:[url]http:forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5917[/url]
I v'e got MineCraft now, so goodbye. You can look for me at the minecraft forum. my name there
is Portalfreaky.
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Mon May 20, 2013 23:33

lonely wrote:Do i really need ALL THAT MODS???
all of them will feature if possible if you see one that is unused i am sorry. though having some extra mods in one download is no bad thing right? (in the next version i will separate the mod download and the actual map)
i will trim the mods file (some were left over from designing e.g. ufo) please vote and give requests it helps with my work thankyou
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
lonely
Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 15:30
Location: Germany

by lonely » Tue May 21, 2013 12:25

DeepGaze wrote:
lonely wrote:Do i really need ALL THAT MODS???
all of them will feature if possible if you see one that is unused i am sorry. though having some extra mods in one download is no bad thing right? (in the next version i will separate the mod download and the actual map)
i will trim the mods file (some were left over from designing e.g. ufo) please vote and give requests it helps with my work thankyou

Don't request my vote so fast. I will wait until the mods folder is fixed.
Aperture science:[url]http:forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5917[/url]
I v'e got MineCraft now, so goodbye. You can look for me at the minecraft forum. my name there
is Portalfreaky.
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Tue May 21, 2013 15:21

lonely wrote:
DeepGaze wrote:
lonely wrote:Do i really need ALL THAT MODS???
all of them will feature if possible if you see one that is unused i am sorry. though having some extra mods in one download is no bad thing right? (in the next version i will separate the mod download and the actual map)
i will trim the mods file (some were left over from designing e.g. ufo) please vote and give requests it helps with my work thankyou

Don't request my vote so fast. I will wait until the mods folder is fixed.

i was only asking for some requests and view's. if you wait for the modpack error to be fixed that is fine (hopefully wont take long) if however you download and test it please say what needs to be taken out (mods) as i said it is leftovers from building. my asking for votes was to get some indication of what is its quality. thankyou
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Tue May 21, 2013 22:08

mod pack and game separated links updated.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Wed May 22, 2013 13:53

due to a negetive vote with no reson gave i ran some tests and found a load issue it has been rectified aswell as adding a new area (nods still same)
sorry for the hassle enjoy
Last edited by DeepGaze on Wed May 22, 2013 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Mon Jun 10, 2013 14:36

if this topic still has an audience please post some ideas for v.3 by the way v.2.5 is out
(development) this one has more features in than the last but might have some "unknown blocks" thanks to a mod going wrong in the building (homedecor) don't use the mod with the map it messes up the signs and in v.2.5 the modpack is in the map folder so no need to download
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Tue Jun 25, 2013 20:33

should v.3 have animals?
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Tue Jul 16, 2013 16:21

v3 is out enjoy!!!
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Wed Sep 11, 2013 13:20

if this topic is still watched/you occasionally glance here can i have an opinion on some things in the map.
1) is the new tutorial helpful and could you complete it without difficulty?(is the green cave easy to escape?)
2) have you visited the skyscraper,tardis,art zone and/or the moon?
3)is there any addition you want(i keep asking and you don't reply)
4)should i make a gallifrey or a trenzalore(dr.who)?
5)is this map good
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 


Return to Maps



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests