[Mod] Simple helicopter [helicopter]

User avatar
Pavel_S
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:43

[Mod] Simple helicopter [helicopter]

by Pavel_S » Post

Image

Helicopter mod

Description:
Image
This mod adds helicopter to the game.
Follow craft quide or just use "/giveme helicopter:heli 99" chat command. It has 30 HP points, and there in no way to repair it, when it will down to 0 you get 5 steel ignots and 1 mese cryslal. But if you restart the game, HP will be automatically set to 30 HP.
Also go to Helicopter on GitHub, to write your issues or make pull request.

I used some sourcecode from:
boats modby PilzAdam;
TNT modby PilzAdam;
Throwing modby Jeija.




Craft:
Image
Image

Control:
Image
Jump - up!
Sneak - down!
Forward - forward;
Back - backward;
Left - left;
Right - right.

Links:
Image
Helicopter on GitHub
Image
Download. version 0.4
Download. version 0.3
Download. version 0.2

License:
Image
LGP_v2.

Change log
Image
0.3 -> 0.4
  • Fixed rotation bug
  • Added heli sound
  • Changed model and new UVunwrap
  • Added HP to Heli
  • Fixed underwater spawning

0.2 -> 0.3
  • Fixed multi-driving
  • Fixed player orientation
  • Added roll, pitch to model
  • Changed heli-model
  • Deleted rocket launcher
Other information
Image
Rename folder to: helicopter.
I want:
  • add formspecs:
    fuel
    ammunition
  • add HUD of damage
+ Spoiler
Known bugs
Image
  • Player`s model looks to side of heli. - Fixed
  • It`s possible control heli, when you don`t sitting in. - Fixed
  • Player`s model has wrong rotation after exit from helicopter (0.4.9) - Fixed
  • Under water swimming - It`s a feature!
Try out other awesome mods !
Image
ImageImage
Last edited by Pavel_S on Sat Mar 29, 2014 04:14, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact:

by kaeza » Post

Now THIS is awesome.
Download link?
EDIT: derp... it's there
Last edited by kaeza on Wed Jun 05, 2013 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

User avatar
Josh
Member
Posts: 1146
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 23:11
Location: Victoria, Australia

by Josh » Post

Awesome looking mod!

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact:

by kaeza » Post

Image
*playing "Ride of the Valkyries" in the background*
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

User avatar
jin_xi
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 18:19

by jin_xi » Post

uh oh wooden rotor blades... nice idea!

User avatar
Pavel_S
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:43

by Pavel_S » Post

Added Left-Right movement.

User avatar
Mossmanikin
Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 16:26
Location: where we don't speak english.

by Mossmanikin » Post

Like this idea.
Unfortunately when I test this mod the helicopter has no texture.
That way it's quite hard to see through the "glass"...
However, it's fun flying around with the heli. :D

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

User avatar
oxenfreedan
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Post

I've been waiting so long for a mord like this!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

User avatar
aldobr
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 05:46

by aldobr » Post

Leonardo Da Vinci wanna be :P

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6151
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

by rubenwardy » Post

Wow

Nice!

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

It says the file has been deleted or moved from dropbox.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
cornellius
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 05:08
Location: South East Asian

by cornellius » Post

Nice Maybe U Can Ask Moderator Or Someone To Help U Release New Version
Edit: And Maybe U Can Made Many Heli With Diferent Wepons And Armor







,Thanks
Last edited by cornellius on Wed Jun 05, 2013 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
All Humans Need Is Forgiveness, God Is The First One Who Forgive All Humans So Humans Must Forgive Other Humans

User avatar
Pavel_S
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:43

by Pavel_S » Post

Evergreen wrote:It says the file has been deleted or moved from dropbox.
how..... link restored-

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

Pavel_S wrote:
Evergreen wrote:It says the file has been deleted or moved from dropbox.
how..... link restored-
Here is the link to download it directly. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/shz/d ... l_offset=9
Back from the dead!

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

Now that I just tested it, this is amazing! Best. Vehicle. Mod. Ever. :D
Back from the dead!

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

by Zeg9 » Post

Nice, One detail though: the crafting should be a bit more expensive. Perhaps require a few mese in center of the recipe?
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

User avatar
Pavel_S
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:43

by Pavel_S » Post

Evergreen wrote: Here is the link to download it directly. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/shz/d ... l_offset=9
Added. Thanx.
Zeg9 wrote:Nice, One detail though: the crafting should be a bit more expensive. Perhaps require a few mese in center of the recipe?
Yeah, it will be more expensive, in next update.

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

The way the crafting should work in my opinion is: You have to make each part of the helicopter eg. the engine, the blades, the window, etc.
Last edited by Evergreen on Wed Jun 05, 2013 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
tinoesroho
Member
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 21:55
Location: Canada

by tinoesroho » Post

Nice!
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

Jordach
Member
Posts: 4523
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 17:58
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach
Location: Blender Scene

by Jordach » Post

Pavel_S: Awesome!
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19056 Solar Plains Dev Server

User avatar
thefamilygrog66
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 19:08
Location: Ontario, Canada

by thefamilygrog66 » Post

Nice mod! I'm not sure what's happening exactly, but while everything looks great if I connect to my server (latest stable) using a client running 0.4.6, if I connect using a client running the daily build, only the rear propeller has a wooden texture. Everything else is solid white. Maybe a compatibility issue between the latest stable build and the daily build?

User avatar
Sokomine
Member
Posts: 4045
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Nice mod! And a very nice helicopter model.
A list of my mods can be found here.

User avatar
stu
Member
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 02:51
GitHub: stujones11
Location: United Kingdom

by stu » Post

There seems to be a problem with the directx export for this model. For some reason It contains multiple copies of the same material list.

heli.x

Code: Select all

      MeshMaterialList { //Cube_004 Material List
        1;
        1;
        0;;
        Material Default_Material {
           0.800000; 0.800000; 0.800000; 0.800000;;
           96.078431;
           0.500000; 0.500000; 0.500000;;
           0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000;;
        }
      } //End of Cube_004 Material List
This appears first at line 144 then again at 342 and again at 1840.

This would not cause any problems with minetest because the multiple texture update support is broken in the current version.
I recently submitted a patch that would have allowed us to use multiple UV's & materials correctly, however, it has been reverted seemingly because it broke this model...shame.

Perhaps if I could see the blender model I might can figure why it was exported like that.
Last edited by stu on Thu Jun 06, 2013 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

by Zeg9 » Post

stu wrote:There seems to be a problem with the directx export for this model. For some reason It contains multiple copies of the same material list.

heli.x

Code: Select all

      MeshMaterialList { //Cube_004 Material List
        1;
        1;
        0;;
        Material Default_Material {
           0.800000; 0.800000; 0.800000; 0.800000;;
           96.078431;
           0.500000; 0.500000; 0.500000;;
           0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000;;
        }
      } //End of Cube_004 Material List
This appears first at line 144 then again at 342 and again at 1840.

This would not cause any problems with minetest because the multiple texture update support is broken in the current version.
I recently submitted a patch that would have allowed us to use multiple UV's & materials correctly, however, it has been reverted seemingly because it broke this model...shame.

Perhaps if I could see the blender model I might can figure why it was exported like that.
Why didn't you say it before your commit was reverted and 0.4.7 released? :/
Last edited by Zeg9 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

User avatar
stu
Member
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 02:51
GitHub: stujones11
Location: United Kingdom

by stu » Post

Zeg9 wrote:Why didn't you say it before your commit was reverted and 0.4.7 released? :/
It was too late by the time i firgured out what was wrong. Besides, I think PilzAdam did the right thing under the circumstances.

Pavel_S: Have you read these guidlines? http://wiki.minetest.com/wiki/Using_Blender

Nice mod btw, otherwise.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests