[Mod] Ruins [0.1 beta] [ruins]

Post Reply
User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
GitHub: BlockMen
Location: Germany

[Mod] Ruins [0.1 beta] [ruins]

by BlockMen » Post

Hello everyone,

this small mod adds ruins to Minetest. There are two types of ruins, stone and wooden (more rare). They are spawned on grass(land) and not that rare.

There are no chests, etc; they are just ment to be make the world look more interesting.

Screenshot:
Image

Known bugs:
-rarely the world freezes for a short moment when generated

Download:
Version 0.1: Download

License:
WTFPL

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

Lol
(more rare). They are spawned on grass(land) and not that rare.
Anyways nice job and I can't wait to try it at home. Maybe you could add full buildings and also mines and etc. To make it better
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6374
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

by rubenwardy » Post

Very nice.

more rare => rarer?
Last edited by rubenwardy on Fri Sep 13, 2013 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
paramat
Developer
Posts: 3699
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 00:05
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat
Location: UK

by paramat » Post

You're one of my favourite modders, i will be installing this as well as pyramids.

Rhys
Member
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 15:22

by Rhys » Post

Wow. Just, wow.

User avatar
Neuromancer
Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 22:28
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

I'd get rid of the glass and have missing stones on the floor with tall grass growing everywhere out of the holes in the floor, and make them larger and give them some interesting architectural shapes, not just square. Then put some broken rotten beams in here and there as well.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Sat Sep 14, 2013 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6374
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

by rubenwardy » Post

A great idea for this: archeology!

Bury some cobble stone or bricks in the ground for people to dig up - maybe marking them with a flower, or ridges like in real life.

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
Posts: 2930
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Lol, this would save me wandering around oppon4's server and making them manually :P

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi
Location: United States

by philipbenr » Post

this would be nice if you could make a branch of this with my castles mod. The ruins of a castle with a ruined courtyard and orchard and dungeon overrun with vines and all. That would be impressive.

User avatar
LionsDen
Member
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 03:19

by LionsDen » Post

Neuromancer wrote:I'd get rid of the glass and have missing stones on the floor with tall grass growing everywhere out of the holes in the floor, and make them larger and give them some interesting architectural shapes, not just square. Then put some broken rotten beams in here and there as well.
I like the glass blocks. Finding them occasionally is fun and saves me from making them. :)

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
GitHub: BlockMen
Location: Germany

by BlockMen » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Lol
Anyways nice job and I can't wait to try it at home. Maybe you could add full buildings and also mines and etc. To make it better
You can find mines here: Mines
paramat wrote:You're one of my favourite modders, i will be installing this as well as pyramids.
Rhys wrote:Wow. Just, wow.
Thanks
Neuromancer wrote:I'd get rid of the glass and have missing stones on the floor with tall grass growing everywhere out of the holes in the floor, and make them larger and give them some interesting architectural shapes, not just square. Then put some broken rotten beams in here and there as well.
I will keep the glass but with the missing stones and grass growing is a nice idea. Other shapes are also planned, but idk about the beams.
rubenwardy wrote:A great idea for this: archeology!

Bury some cobble stone or bricks in the ground for people to dig up - maybe marking them with a flower, or ridges like in real life.
Hmm...im more thinking about a basement ;)
philipbenr wrote:this would be nice if you could make a branch of this with my castles mod. The ruins of a castle with a ruined courtyard and orchard and dungeon overrun with vines and all. That would be impressive.
Feel free to make a fork or to contribute ;)

Sokomine
Member
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

rubenwardy wrote: A great idea for this: archeology!

Bury some cobble stone or bricks in the ground for people to dig up - maybe marking them with a flower, or ridges like in real life.
The ruins (and the pyramids of another of BlockMens mods) could be indicators of where things to dig up can be found. Craft a brush, dig sand extremly slowly with the brush, and with some luck you'd pick up part of a broken clay pot. A special table could allow you to reassemble the pot - provided you found all parts of it and "assembled" it the right way (small puzzle).
A list of my mods can be found here.

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi
Location: United States

by philipbenr » Post

Blockmen wrote:
philipbenr wrote:this would be nice if you could make a branch of this with my castles mod. The ruins of a castle with a ruined courtyard and orchard and dungeon overrun with vines and all. That would be impressive.
Feel free to make a fork or to contribute ;)
Well, I don't know a whole lot about programming as of now, but I'll give it a shot. I might even use paramat's flatten mod to do it.

PS Yet another great mod Blockmen! :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: davidthecreator and 7 guests