Flashing water and transparent leaves over water.

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

Flashing water and transparent leaves over water.

by Neuromancer » Post

When I look out over the water, I see all of these sections underwater that flash on and off. I know this is a function of how the engine works, but it really robs some of the beauty of just looking out over the water. I also see strange behaviour with tree leaves over water. The leaves become completely transparent and come and go.

The image shows one problem, The foggy trees in the background appear in front of the leaves in the foreground. And below, the light and dark areas in the water will flash on and off.

Below you will see an example of transparent leaves over water.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Sat Oct 05, 2013 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

The part about flash on and off happens on slower PCs, even for nodes that are not underwater. The game is adjusting the number of visible nodes to match your fps_wanted
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

celeron55: "That happens with water too; it's because minetest doesn't do alpha sorting for nodes and it's kind of tough and a pain in the ass to implement. Probably some day, but not anytime soon."