Can't Fly in Creative Mode?

Kai009
New member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 23:20

Can't Fly in Creative Mode?

by Kai009 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 23:23

I just downloaded this game for the first time, started it up, figured out the controls and changed them to my preferences (I left fly key alone for creative mode). I then generated a map (Both with map gen v6 and 7 in settings), made sure creative mode box was checked and tried to build some stuff. Withn moment I foundout I could not use the flying mechanism, for whatever reason. Any ideas or suggestions? On screen it tell me fly mode enabled or disabled, but after enabled it says (Note: no 'fly' privelege)
Last edited by Kai009 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Fri Jan 03, 2014 23:49

In order to fly, you must have the "fly" privilege:

Code: Select all
/grant <your-user-name> fly


You also need a privilege to run ("fast"), and another one to fly through walls ("noclip")

If you are in single player, grant yourself all the privileges with the following command:
Code: Select all
/grant singleplayer all


EDIT: Only thing "Creative Mode" changes is that you have infinite blocks, and most blocks that can be placed are accessible via the inventory.
Last edited by kaeza on Fri Jan 03, 2014 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal
 

User avatar
hoodedice
Member
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 06:33
Location: world
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Sat Jan 04, 2014 02:43

kaeza wrote:In order to fly, you must have the "fly" privilege:

Code: Select all
/grant <your-user-name> fly


You also need a privilege to run ("fast"), and another one to fly through walls ("noclip")

If you are in single player, grant yourself all the privileges with the following command:
Code: Select all
/grant singleplayer all


EDIT: Only thing "Creative Mode" changes is that you have infinite blocks, and most blocks that can be placed are accessible via the inventory.


Use the 'J' key for 'fly', 'K' for fast and 'H' for noclip.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build
 

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Sat Jan 04, 2014 05:03

hoodedice wrote:Use the 'J' key for 'fly', 'K' for fast and 'H' for noclip.
Kai009 wrote:On screen it tell me fly mode enabled or disabled, but after enabled it says (Note: no 'fly' privelege)
lrn2rd
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal
 

User avatar
hoodedice
Member
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 06:33
Location: world
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Sat Jan 04, 2014 07:01

kaeza wrote:
hoodedice wrote:Use the 'J' key for 'fly', 'K' for fast and 'H' for noclip.
Kai009 wrote:On screen it tell me fly mode enabled or disabled, but after enabled it says (Note: no 'fly' privelege)
lrn2rd


Instructions not clear. Jumped off building.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build
 

ZacAttack
Member
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 14:12
Location: World [minetest_game]

by ZacAttack » Wed Jan 08, 2014 17:16

hoodedice wrote:
kaeza wrote:In order to fly, you must have the "fly" privilege:

Code: Select all
/grant <your-user-name> fly


You also need a privilege to run ("fast"), and another one to fly through walls ("noclip")

If you are in single player, grant yourself all the privileges with the following command:
Code: Select all
/grant singleplayer all


EDIT: Only thing "Creative Mode" changes is that you have infinite blocks, and most blocks that can be placed are accessible via the inventory.


Use the 'J' key for 'fly', 'K' for fast and 'H' for noclip.


what noclip do
Zdg
 

User avatar
Topywo
Member
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 20:27

by Topywo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 17:22

ZacAttack wrote:what noclip do



Flying through objects, nodes etc.
 


Return to Problems



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests