[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

WindPower

by WindPower » Post

Note: I have typed the URLs as "imgur dot com slash blabla" because the forum won't let me post links.

So I'm just trying to use the mod. I got it installed fine and built a water mill, connected to a LV battery box, like so:

The water mill seems to be working, it says "Production at 100%":

Yet the battery box sits there saying "Idle" and not charging. Doesn't change if I add any objects into it:

I also tried replacing the water mill with a coal generator, but the battery box was not powered either (the generator did play the burning animation though).

What am I doing wrong here?

P.S.: I am new to Minetest/Minecraft-like games in general, I may be doing something very stupid.

EDIT: Inserted working image links. --Vanessa
Last edited by VanessaE on Mon Jul 15, 2013 03:48, edited 1 time in total.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

@WindPower
Technic now requires a switching station for energy to work. Once crafted, just place it into your network by placing it above a wire. After that it'll calculate Producers and Receivers and distribute energy accordingly.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

@RBA
I was texturing Technic for TestBDCraft and was wondering if you could allocate separate background textures for chests. The way it is done currently it limits TP's to only repeating backgrounds. I understand if it isn't high on your list but a idea to think about.

WindPower

by WindPower » Post

ashenk69 wrote:@WindPower
Technic now requires a switching station for energy to work. Once crafted, just place it into your network by placing it above a wire. After that it'll calculate Producers and Receivers and distribute energy accordingly.
Okay, so I tried to make a switching station. This requires making high voltage transformers, which in turn require stainless steel. I googled around to find how to make stainless steel and found this, which says that we need steel dust and chromium dust, which requires a grinder, but a grinder requires a working circuit with electricity going through it, and that requires a switching station. It looks like a circular dependency to me...

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

WindPower wrote:Okay, so I tried to make a switching station. This requires making high voltage transformers, which in turn require stainless steel. I googled around to find how to make stainless steel and found this, which says that we need steel dust and chromium dust, which requires a grinder, but a grinder requires a working circuit with electricity going through it, and that requires a switching station. It looks like a circular dependency to me...
I make stainless steel in the alloy furnace. Chromium ingots and Steel ingots make Stainless Steel. Unless something has changed recently that has always been how I made it. There is a fuel alloy furnace that doesn't use electricity.

EDIT: Added the word ingots after Chromium and Steel.
Last edited by LionsDen on Mon Jul 15, 2013 05:35, edited 1 time in total.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

WindPower wrote: Okay, so I tried to make a switching station. This requires making high voltage transformers, which in turn require stainless steel. I googled around to find how to make stainless steel and found this, which says that we need steel dust and chromium dust, which requires a grinder, but a grinder requires a working circuit with electricity going through it, and that requires a switching station. It looks like a circular dependency to me...
I don't know if you knew it was there but Technic has a mod that comes with it called UI that offers a crafting guide. In your inventory you can search for items and nodes in the text bar on the bottom right side. Make sure to click the search icon and not hit enter. Enter just closes you out of the menu. Then click on the item you want to see the recipe of. There are only a few that I know it doesn't show the recipe for but stainless steel ingots is one of them it knows. Once you have the recipe opened if there are more than one recipe, it'll display an alternate button on the left side to switch between the different recipes.

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

I have "Number of registerable nodes (4096) exceeded". How much nodes Technic adds to Mintetest?

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Ragnarok wrote:I have "Number of registerable nodes (4096) exceeded". How much nodes Technic adds to Mintetest?
I've never had that error before with Technic. Do you have other mods besides mesecons, moreores, moreblocks, moretrees, and plantlife? Those are the mods required for Technic to run.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Ragnarok wrote: I have "Number of registerable nodes (4096) exceeded". How much nodes Technic adds to Mintetest?
In that case don't forget to run the latest MT version since that fixes a bug/problem in such cases.
A list of my mods can be found here.

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

How does the supply converter work? I've been looking through the sorce code and all I've gathered is that the higher voltage goes above and the lower voltage goes below. Now it is unpowered, so how do I power it so that the MV battery box has power?

placki

by placki » Post

Yet another bug report...
All MV furnaces and freshly added MV grinder have this code:

Code: Select all

-- The machine shuts down if we have nothing to grind and no tube is connected
-- or if we have nothing to send with a tube connected.
  if    (not output_tube_connected and inv:is_empty("src"))
        or (    output_tube_connected and inv:is_empty("dst")) then
          next_state = 1
  end 
which shuts down device if there is pipe and source material but nothing is waiting in "dst" - this makes device display state "active" but not doing any work.

There is also some bug with power converters - if there are *both* LV to MV and HV to MV conversion active at the same time sometimes switching station does not add one type of conversion, this happens most often when some converters are rewired from LV->MV to HV->MV or HV-MV to LV-MV.

@qwrwed: it is power *source* that connects higher and *target* is connected lower. On your screenshot you are trying to convert HV into MV. Remember that you need 2 switching stations (1 for MV network and 1 for HV) for such power to work.
Last edited by placki on Sat Jul 20, 2013 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

qwrwed

by qwrwed » Post

Yes, I am trying to convert HV (yellow wires) to MV (black wires). They are set up as in the screenshot, but I don't know how to convert HV power to MV power.
Edit: Thanks, I will try adding a switching station.
Edit2: Extended the MV wires, placed a switching station between the supply converter and battery box, and everything is working fine.
Last edited by qwrwed on Sat Jul 20, 2013 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

Sokomine wrote: In that case don't forget to run the latest MT version since that fixes a bug/problem in such cases.
I have the latest git version - won't help :-| But I have many of large mods like Homedecor, Stained Grass, Infrastructure so I'm interested why after update Technic, Minetest has more than 4096 notes.

qwrwed

by qwrwed » Post

I'm having the same problem as before trying to add conversion of MV to LV to the setup I mentioned earlier. At the moment it goes:

HV solar arrays -> switching station -> HV battery box -> HV-MV supply converter -> switching station -> MV battery box -> MV-LV supply converter -> switching station  -> LV battery box
For both supply converters, the higher voltage (input) is above and the lower voltage (output) is below, but the second supply converter remains unpowered.
Screenshot
When creating a new system consisting of:

MV solar arrays -> switching station -> MV battery box -> supply converter -> switching station -> LV battery box
it also says "Supply Converter Unpowered".
Screenshot
Last edited by qwrwed on Sat Jul 20, 2013 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

by 1244 » Post

Are frames and frames motors work I try move frames motor by emit mesecones signal from lever but this isn't working. My question is: Can I move frames and frame motor by mesecones signal?
My mods:
Barrels, Chemistry

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

1244 wrote:Are frames and frames motors work I try move frames motor by emit mesecones signal from lever but this isn't working. My question is: Can I move frames and frame motor by mesecones signal?
yes, you can.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

Maybe i missed something, but is it possible that the deployer is not working how it should be? I inserted an Item, wired everything with mesecons, but instead of set the node, the deployer just deletes it. ( i know, there are constructors, and i used them up to now, but for a full-automatic tree cutter i need something that is capable of reacting to tubes. ) I was just asking. Otherwise, if you tell me the Constructor MK3 (since you use tiers for feature updates) is tube compatible im going to use that one.

Greetings
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

george90867

by george90867 » Post

says mod is not consistant and i dont get the batterys and stuff like that does anyone know why?
Last edited by george90867 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

jy2810

by jy2810 » Post

the zip file says failed- network error
plz help i really want to use this mod

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

jy2810 wrote:the zip file says failed- network error
plz help i really want to use this mod
You have to extract the mod from the zip file before you install it (same thing with other mods.)

Exilyth

by Exilyth » Post

This mod adds so much to the game, it's just awesome.

I just wish it was mentioned in the OP/documentation that power networks require a switching station.
I'm running 0.4.13 stable with [technic][carts][farming_plus][biome_lib][unified_inventory] and a few other mods.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

I hate to ask this and if you can't do it that's alright.
Is there anyway to have no dependencies because all of those mods cause an extreme amount of lag for me when all installed at once
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

derpswa99

by derpswa99 » Post

I get this problem with the generator and cables.
1.Coal Generator, when I put it down it has like 5% worth of power already inside and when I put coal in it doesnt charge
2.Cables, when I use cables they dont transport power

Is there anyway to solve this?

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

derpswa99 wrote:I get this problem with the generator and cables.
1.Coal Generator, when I put it down it has like 5% worth of power already inside and when I put coal in it doesnt charge
2.Cables, when I use cables they dont transport power

Is there anyway to solve this?
Do you have a switching station?

deivan

by deivan » Post

I think the same happened to me before I understand the "swithing station" thing... :D