WaterWorld Server [0.4.7]

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
mauvebic wrote:I got good news and bad news.

- Updated the rig to crunchbang and minetest to 0.4.7.
- Ran into problems installing crunchbang, as a result, I lost the map and had to use a backup.
That means I'm not longer banned?
There is a mod on this server that can jail and even ban people that attempt to vandalize protected areas, so be very careful what you do. Disturbing anything that this mod protects is like disturbing a bald-faced hornet nest, and bald-faced hornets are... severely just, hence their black and white coloration.
Last edited by Inocudom on Sun Aug 04, 2013 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

I lost about 30 ban list entries though autoban is hard at work filling it up again :p As new cases present themselves I add more rules to it. This way it doesn't require a permanent admin presence when the server is up, and no one can say that bans are arbitrary or unfair :-)

Upgraded Prison
Last edited by mauvebic on Mon Aug 05, 2013 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

bulldog1
IRC: bulldog1
In-game: bulldog1

by bulldog1 » Post

may I have interaction? ingame name: bulldog
Last edited by bulldog1 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Join one of the largest companies in Minetest! Send your resume or tell us of your interest at hr@bulldogindustriescenter.com and visit our website http://www.bulldogindustriescenter.com

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Cool prison.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Inocudom wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:
mauvebic wrote:I got good news and bad news.

- Updated the rig to crunchbang and minetest to 0.4.7.
- Ran into problems installing crunchbang, as a result, I lost the map and had to use a backup.
That means I'm not longer banned?
There is a mod on this server that can jail and even ban people that attempt to vandalize protected areas, so be very careful what you do. Disturbing anything that this mod protects is like disturbing a bald-faced hornet nest, and bald-faced hornets are... severely just, hence their black and white coloration.
Did you read this, bulldog1? Be very careful where you choose to dig/place nodes at.

bulldog1

by bulldog1 » Post

i know im just asking for interaction as bulldog
Join one of the largest companies in Minetest! Send your resume or tell us of your interest at hr@bulldogindustriescenter.com and visit our website http://www.bulldogindustriescenter.com

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Interact should be given by default.

bulldog1

by bulldog1 » Post

its not

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

default privs are shout and interact. If you're getting warnings about not being a citizen, I recommend heading back to spawn, and teleporting to a freebuild area.

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

May I please get unbanned? I'll stay on earth.
Any tips on blender, gimp, or codea?

TheGenral123

by TheGenral123 » Post

Connecting...(WILL FAIL TO CONNECT FOR AN UNKOWN REASON)

TheGenral123

by TheGenral123 » Post

Failed to connect (See I told you!)

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Startest is down while I experiment with WaterWorld (which is public) - If i decide to go with the new format i'll copy paste projects from the Startest map :-)

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Added nightclub (lights disabled) and colouredglass (black rims removed), upgraded bans.
Last edited by mauvebic on Mon Aug 12, 2013 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Confusing thread. Maybe WaterWorld could have deserved a new thread seperate from Startest.

Experimenting a little in the open sea I wonder if the Sea modpack by Topywo could add some more life to the ocean bed.

viewtopic.php?id=4627

btw is there any glass that does not generate a water surface, as in the blue not seethru texture. I can sometimes look through the glass sorts I tried from a certain angle but normally I just see the water surface texture. Makes glass structures under water somewhat pointless if you can't enjoy the view.

Another idea I was toying with was wether the Mount Meru mod could be used to build atol like islands. Inspired by WaterWorld I tried to generate a raised waterlevel world and in that create a Mount Meru cut of at +102 to get only the bottom part of the cone ending just a few blocks out of the water and generating some flat islands in a ring shaped pattern. Didn't work as thought and looked ugly........ Maybe somebody more clever can put better use to this idea.
Last edited by twoelk on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

twoelk wrote:Confusing thread. Maybe WaterWorld could have deserved a new thread seperate from Startest.
If i did that people would keep posting in the old thread thinking im running two maps, besides, there are enough duplicate and near-duplicate threads :p
twoelk wrote: Experimenting a little in the open sea I wonder if the Sea modpack by Topywo could add some more life to the ocean bed.

viewtopic.php?id=4627
I like the underwater plants but i was told it uses a *ton* of nodeboxes to accomplish that effect.
twoelk wrote: btw is there any glass that does not generate a water surface, as in the blue not seethru texture. I can sometimes look through the glass sorts I tried from a certain angle but normally I just see the water surface texture. Makes glass structures under water somewhat pointless if you can't enjoy the view.
Avoid using the coloured glasses on/against/in water, it's a known bug. mbocks:1,2,3 are traditional glasslike nodes, those should be fine :-)
twoelk wrote: Another idea I was toying with was wether the Mount Meru mod could be used to build atol like islands. Inspired by WaterWorld I tried to generate a raised waterlevel world and in that create a Mount Meru cut of at +102 to get only the bottom part of the cone ending just a few blocks out of the water and generating some flat islands in a ring shaped pattern. Didn't work as thought and looked ugly........ Maybe somebody more clever can put better use to this idea.
I tried using a moonrealm-deriv mod on my last map, it works fine in singleplayer, but using on_generated on a large scale on a server with many players, doesn't work out so well. I have a voxelsniper-like mod that I can use to make little floating islands.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Cloud Tower finished

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Had a look befor they where finished. Couldn't find access to the buildings then. Now I seem to be able to see a door. Hope you have elevators or some other teleport installed. The last visit to the top of one of your builds using the stairs made me virtually dizzy..... That place under the trees up there would surely be a fine place for a cafe in real life. Might be windy though. Hopefully I'll have access to a powerfull pc with fast internet to go on another sightseeing spree with maximum viewing range on in the next days.

I really like the window pattern. Sort off disobeying the grid but keeping to the rules of the grid. The main island is quite a sight now. I wonder though how you get past building regulations with those foundations. Maybe building on water is not considered as dangerous as building on sand.

I was put off somewhat by the rectified leaning building in the first screenshot. That optical effect had me baffled for a while.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Im hoping someone will write an elevator mod that goes physically up and down, I hate setting up teleports when you have that many floors.

and i'll probably have to add buoyancy tanks to the main disc :P Though someone else is building an underwater city beneath so it may eventually grow to include supports.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Added lrfurn (removed yellow, violet, orange and grey variants)

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

somewhere in the endless waters there lies a wee little isle ...

Wish I could turn the palm trees to all sides, would look much better.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Added the 3 marble textures as tiles (can be used counter-tops), made cabinet doors that fit on full nodes and upper slabs, and cabinet drawers that fit on full nodes (only one texture, may change or add more).

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

mauvebic, i have written moonrealm LVM to be processing efficient and generate the realm with 3 sections: surface, underground and atmosphere. Because underground and atmosphere are simpler to generate their code is simpler and generation will be faster than surface chunks, so there's no need to avoid a deep realm for lag reasons, less lag will be caused by players travelling underground or into the atmosphere than exploring the surface.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

paramat wrote:mauvebic, i have written moonrealm LVM to be processing efficient and generate the realm with 3 sections: surface, underground and atmosphere. Because underground and atmosphere are simpler to generate their code is simpler and generation will be faster than surface chunks, so there's no need to avoid a deep realm for lag reasons, less lag will be caused by players travelling underground or into the atmosphere than exploring the surface.
I'll have to try it out on a separate map, though the last line concerns me since last time i had it running there were 3 or 4 players exploring the surface :/

Also, had 2 players from France come on and grief the nice part of freebuild, repairs are needed. Im going to implement an auto-revoke of interact.
Last edited by mauvebic on Sun Aug 18, 2013 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

Shire

by Shire » Post

Was I banned or something? I can't log on at all.

Edit. It seems the server did ban me, for digging nodes aimlessly in the hopes of building a tower. :[
Last edited by Shire on Sun Aug 18, 2013 20:13, edited 1 time in total.