[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Now that's a good idea, if it can be implemented in a CPU-friendly-but-functional fashion.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

VanessaE wrote:Now that's a good idea, if it can be implemented in a CPU-friendly-but-functional fashion.
This could also be done with the devices of pipeworks as well. In the end, such things can give the generators and battery boxes of technic more uses. Concerning mesecons, anything that sends a signal could require electricity from technic.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

I think that Mesecons is more electrical signalling, whereas Technic is electrical power. Other wise it would be stupid if you could just put a lever on a furnace and turn it on for infinite power.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Both forget that Mesecons are digital logic.

Technic would be an easy way of doing this. Add a wire to the back. Done.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

Hey,
first of all, great mod. It adds way more possibilities to the game. But there is something i would like to suggest. Since there are beds and chairs, but no way to interact with them: Is it possible to implement it? I was looking at the default character mesh and found a Sit animation. But i never noticed a way it is used in the game. I came across this post:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3977
Would it be possible to integrate this in a way with chairs/beds for example by right-clicking them that the character gets attached to the pointed furniture with the fitting animation? Also it would be neat if you recover health when the characters 'uses' the bed.
Even if its not possible, great work.

Greetings
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

If someone wants to code that and issue a pull request, I'll gladly merge it, as I know exactly zero about the player model's animations/modes.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

Hmm i think its only possible, if you are able of override the already registered function that is responsible for redrawing the mesh. If not, one has to replace the default stuff. And thats quite not usable since if more mods try it, the whole thing is going to break. As i dont know much about the API, is there a possibility to override the given function pointer? I didnt found something in the API that fits it. Or does the server executes registered functions in the order they are registered? In this case one has just to write some few changes to the original player.lua with some additions for the homedecor mod (meant the right-click interaction).
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

deivan

by deivan » Post

Homedecor have some problem now:
ERROR[main]: ../mods/homedecor/init.lua:
ERROR[main]: ../mods/homedecor/locked.lua:53: bad argument #1 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I just pushed a change to homedecor git that should fix this. Please let me know if it helps, since I don't use intllib myself. :-)

deivan

by deivan » Post

Thanks. Is working now. :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Excellent :-)

TheGenral123

by TheGenral123 » Post

It will not on my PC can ou tell me how to fix it?

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

TheGenral123 wrote:It will not on my PC can ou tell me how to fix it?
Read the very first post where information concerning this mod is given. There, it will tell you to rename this mod's folder to homedecor after you extract it from its .zip file.

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

I saw that homedecor changes the signs aswell. Is there a way to seperate the homedecor mod and the sign thing?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've never tried, but if you just load signs_lib.lua into a text editor, delete its contents, and re-save, it should work.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Rhys wrote:I saw that homedecor changes the signs aswell. Is there a way to seperate the homedecor mod and the sign thing?
Done: https://github.com/VanessaE/homedecor/c ... 06bda32676

Re-download the mod (see first post), and add the following line to your `minetest.conf':

Code: Select all

homedecor.disable_signs = true
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

kaeza wrote:
Rhys wrote:I saw that homedecor changes the signs aswell. Is there a way to seperate the homedecor mod and the sign thing?
Done: https://github.com/VanessaE/homedecor/c ... 06bda32676

Re-download the mod (see first post), and add the following line to your `minetest.conf':

Code: Select all

homedecor.disable_signs = true
Thanks, kaeza, I appreciate it. ;).

- Rhys

+1 To the mod.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Good thing kaeza added that. As Deepgaze discovered, my idea of just clearing out the contents of signs_lib.lua was....wrong :-)

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Fixed an ugly bug in the previous addition of optional signs: Now if you disable it, all "special" signs (yard signs and signs "attached" to fences) already placed in a world will not turn into unknown blocks, but wall and newly-placed signs act as the default ones (the mod does not override them anymore).

Thanks to DeepGaze for reporting this bug, and to him and PenguinDad for helping with testing.

Please download the mod (yet again) from the first post.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Misty

by Misty » Post

I want to tell you how much I like the Home Decor mod, and that I consider it essential for any minetest game. I think I downloaded Minetest and installed it for the first time around the end of june, and you cant imagine the frustration I went through before I found and installed this mod. IF blocks came in a wider variety of sizes ( Ie one half size, one quarter size, and possibly one half block high and wide, but two blocks long) and joined with all other blocks properly, without things floating or refusing to join, some of the items provided by mods like this wouldnt be absolutely needed, but they dont. Home decor is essential for completing and furnishing any building.

I enjoy using it, thank you for making it, and making it available to all of us.
Last edited by Misty on Thu Sep 05, 2013 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
Certified 100% signature Virus free.

thefamilygrog66

by thefamilygrog66 » Post

Misty wrote:IF blocks came in a wider variety of sizes ( Ie one half size, one quarter size, and possibly one half block high and wide, but two blocks long) and joined with all other blocks properly, without things floating or refusing to join, some of the items provided by mods like this wouldnt be absolutely needed, but they dont.
You might want to check out the moreblocks mod as well, for what you're describing.

Misty

by Misty » Post

Hi TheFamilygrog66,

I installed the moreblocks and moreores mods to, as soon as I could locate them.
( they are listed as recommended for home decor) I cant honestly say I know for certain everything they added
to the game because I added several mods at the same time, but they are certainly worth having. Some Other mods I really enjoy are Rubenwardy's food mods, plantlife,farming plus, mobf, a beds mod by blockmen, and a paintings mod.
Last edited by Misty on Sat Sep 07, 2013 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Certified 100% signature Virus free.

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

This makes me think about the villagers in MC, they use pressure plates for table tops.
It's weird looking back on my old posts as an adult. Miss some of the old times though. Johnyknowhow#5272

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Minor update: Just some background stuff inside the mod. Initialization is slightly faster. Pretty much all function calls and variable names that started with "homedecor_" now start with "homedecor." instead (that is, they are now table entries rather than a discrete variable), so if anyone's calling/using these from some other mod, please update your code accordingly.

Azuna

by Azuna » Post

My doors wont open D: