[Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

WorldEdit 1.0 has been released for immediate download - Uberi, 2/8/13

WORLDEDIT NOW LIVES AT A NEW FORUM TOPIC.[/u rl]

I made a new topic for this special occasion.

sfan5, would you mind updating the first post of this topic to point to the new one?

Changes:

• Hundreds of times faster! Set millions of nodes in seconds. Most commands have been completely rewritten to take advantage of the high speed node manipulation API in new Minetest versions.
  • Wherever node names are accepted, aliases and descriptions are too. For example, //set default:bronze_block can now be written as //set bronze block, since "bronze block" is the tooltip that shows up when hovering over a bronze block item.
  • Tutorial for new users! Step-by-step guide to using WorldEdit for basic world management and editing.
  • New commands: //unmark, //scale, //fixedpos, //clearobjects, //mtschemcreate, //mtschemplace, //mtschemprob. Ideas for //fixedpos and //clearobjects come from DeepGaze and LazyJ. MTS commands contributed by kwolekr.
  • //pyramid accepts an axis to make the pyramid along, and accepts a negative height to make an upside-down pyramid! (credit for idea: DeepGaze)
  • Node inspector: use //inspect on to enable easy inspection of nodes just by punching them!
  • Block queue removed - no longer necessary due to speedups.
  • Schematic format is now fully documented.
  • Tons of bug fixes to everything from loading schematics to a proper count output for cylinders.
Last edited by sfan5 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

CaptainCanti

by CaptainCanti » Post

I have a question.
So, suppose I built a hugeass castle that took a shit ton of time to make. And then as I'm putting the finishing touches on this thing, I accidentally set fire to it. And this thing is completely built out of wood and wool. So the whole bloody castle starts burning. Theres fire everywhere. So I flood the thing, as to stop the fire. Of course I miss a few spots, and the fire burns on. Would it be possible to use the suppress command to get rid off the fire and water?

Also, why does the suppress command always make my game crash? Its the only command that crashes it.
I may seem like an asshole, but that's only because I'm an asshole. :^)

Shit you probs don't care about.

PenguinDad

by PenguinDad » Post

CaptainCanti wrote:I have a question.
So, suppose I built a hugeass castle that took a shit ton of time to make. And then as I'm putting the finishing touches on this thing, I accidentally set fire to it. And this thing is completely built out of wood and wool. So the whole bloody castle starts burning. Theres fire everywhere. So I flood the thing, as to stop the fire. Of course I miss a few spots, and the fire burns on. Would it be possible to use the suppress command to get rid off the fire and water?

Also, why does the suppress command always make my game crash? Its the only command that crashes it.
The suppress only makes the nodes invisible.
You should try:

Code: Select all

//replace fire:basic_flame air
//replace default:water_source air

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

CaptainCanti wrote:I have a question.

PenguinDad is correct, the command you want is //replace. However, I must wonder why //suppress crashes for you - can you post the last dozen or so lines for debug.txt when this happens? Maybe it can be fixed.

//suppress is meant to temporarily hide some particular type of node. Key word here is temporary, since they come back when you use //restore. //replace turns one node into another, like fire into air, for example.

If you use a development version of Minetest, you can also use WorldEdit 1.0, which among many other things, has a working //suppress command.
Last edited by Temperest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

DeepGaze
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

just installed 1.0 and tested it. but it kept crashing by //p set then hitting a block. the crash was not in the terminal. but gave a box saying:" ...s/MineTest-WorldEdit-1.0/worldedit_commands/mark.lua:30: attempt to call field" :( any ideas
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Temperest wrote:Minetest 0.4.8+ required
You can also use a recent development build.

If you don't want to upgrade Minetest, you can still use WorldEdit 0.6 until the stable Minetest 0.4.8 comes out.
Last edited by Temperest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

DeepGaze
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

ok thankyou for the help
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

ShadowNinja
Developer
GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Post

Temperest wrote://fixedpos set1/set2 x y z"
I added this to my copy of WorldEdit before, but I used //pos1/2 [x y z|x,y,z] which is simpler and takes less code.
If no coordinates are specified it defaults to the players position.

Element
IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Post

how do i use the move command
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Also, read the tutorial if you're just starting to use this mod: https://github.com/Uberi/MineTest-World ... utorial.md

It'll show you step-by-step how to do basic actions.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

CaptainCanti

by CaptainCanti » Post

Would it be possible to implement a WorldEdit brush type tool? It would make terraforming a hell of a lot easier.
I may seem like an asshole, but that's only because I'm an asshole. :^)

Shit you probs don't care about.

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

That is already planned for the worldedit_items component, which is likely going to be a part of the next major release, i.e. WorldEdit 2.0. Also expect new features like worldedit_infinity and worldedit_limited!
WorldEdit 1.0 released

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

Another suggestion is something that would allow you to copy-paste structures, and create things, if you have the required materials in inventory. You would then a another privilege for that.

kbobdc3

by kbobdc3 » Post

whenever I try to place a worldedit position, I get this message:

ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...netest\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit_commands/mark.lua:30: attempt to call field 'get_voxel_manip' (a nil value)
I'm not stupid, I'm weak minded

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

kbobdc3 wrote:whenever I try to place a worldedit position, I get this message:

ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...netest\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit_commands/mark.lua:30: attempt to call field 'get_voxel_manip' (a nil value)
Update your Minetest & WorldEdit to the latest git version.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

The latest versions now have version reminders that are a little more...visible:

WorldEdit 1.0 released

kbobdc3

by kbobdc3 » Post

sfan5 wrote:Update your Minetest & WorldEdit to the latest git version.
but they are both up to date.
0.4.8 isnt available for download I don't think
I'm not stupid, I'm weak minded

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

No, WorldEdit 1.0 requires a newish development version of 0.4.7 (as of today, only builds newer than 2 weeks ago are supported). Minetest 0.4.8 will be released soon enough.

Here are some links to dev builds:

viewtopic.php?id=1523
viewtopic.php?id=4547
WorldEdit 1.0 released

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Nore wrote:Another suggestion is something that would allow you to copy-paste structures, and create things, if you have the required materials in inventory. You would then a another privilege for that.
This is a good idea, I think I might add it into worldedit_limited.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

Shire

by Shire » Post

This is getting to be extremely frustrating. I tried it once. It kept crashing my game. Tried the new download link. I don't have permissions. Why can't this be simple.

Shire

by Shire » Post

13:44:20: ACTION[main]: World at [C:\Games\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\worlds\Flat I]
13:44:20: ACTION[main]: Server for gameid="minetest" listening on port 30011.
creative inventory size: 288
13:44:20: ACTION[ServerThread]: announcing to servers.minetest.net
13:44:21: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
13:44:24: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Could not load image "building_blocks_spleef_stick.png" while building texture
13:44:24: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Creating a dummy image for "building_blocks_spleef_stick.png"
Font size: 8 17
13:46:11: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
13:46:11: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit_commands/mark.lua:30: attempt to call field 'get_voxel_manip' (a nil value)
13:46:11: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Shire wrote:13:44:20: ACTION[main]: World at [C:\Games\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\worlds\Flat I]
13:44:20: ACTION[main]: Server for gameid="minetest" listening on port 30011.
creative inventory size: 288
13:44:20: ACTION[ServerThread]: announcing to servers.minetest.net
13:44:21: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
13:44:24: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Could not load image "building_blocks_spleef_stick.png" while building texture
13:44:24: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Creating a dummy image for "building_blocks_spleef_stick.png"
Font size: 8 17
13:46:11: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
13:46:11: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit_commands/mark.lua:30: attempt to call field 'get_voxel_manip' (a nil value)
13:46:11: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
Your version of minetest does not have support lua voxel manip. You need the latest version of minetest.
Back from the dead!

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

In other words, you must use the latest build from sfan5, PilzAdam or BlockMen to use the latest WorldEdit on windows. For Linux versions you need to compile the latest github or download someone else's copy (no clue who) to use. For 64 bit windows, there is an option for that as well but I don't remember who is doing it off the top of my head.

Shire

by Shire » Post

I have the latest version, unless by sheer chance it was updated to 4.8 today, just after I made my post. Or do I need your build of the game for it to work?

Edit II; Downloading it right now.
Last edited by Shire on Tue Aug 20, 2013 18:57, edited 1 time in total.