[Map] Karsthafen

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

ok ill try it again :D im so excited!!! i cant wait to get on it! ok so once i download it and put it in the worlds file what do i do to play it?

solars

by solars » Post

First you must unpack the rar-files. Then you can move the folder karsthafen_2013-07-27 in the worlds folder of minetest.

Then you can start it as singleplayer if you select the world
karsthafen_2013-07-27 [minetest]
in the singleplayer tab

Or you start a server with
minetestserver --worldname karsthafen_2014-07-27
And then connect in the client with the Server 127.0.0.1 in the client tab.

In the map, you can folow the streets to the main attractions from 0,0,0

---------

As second image today a view with the church square and the entry to the subway in the foreground and the actual build ground in the background.

My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

solars wrote:First you must unpack the rar-files. Then you can move the folder karsthafen_2013-07-27 in the worlds folder of minetest.

Then you can start it as singleplayer if you select the world
karsthafen_2013-07-27 [minetest]
in the singleplayer tab

Or you start a server with
minetestserver --worldname karsthafen_2014-07-27
And then connect in the client with the Server 127.0.0.1 in the client tab.

In the map, you can folow the streets to the main attractions from 0,0,0

---------

As second image today a view with the church square and the entry to the subway in the foreground and the actual build ground in the background.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y38 ... g~original
finally! some helpful advice thank you so much!! i am downloading as i type :) right now at this moment it has completed 169 mb! :D im am even more excited now!

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

'nother question:

What do you do if oyu downloaded a map but it only dowloaded the map.sqlite file and you moved it into the world's folder?

solars

by solars » Post

sneebliahj1 wrote:What do you do if oyu downloaded a map but it only dowloaded the map.sqlite file and you moved it into the world's folder?
I don't know. In my download is the folder with all required files. I hadn't tried to use only the map.sqlite before.

---

This time no new picture. Two in one day is enough. :D
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Post

Those pics look really awesome.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

solars wrote:
sneebliahj1 wrote:What do you do if oyu downloaded a map but it only dowloaded the map.sqlite file and you moved it into the world's folder?
I don't know. In my download is the folder with all required files. I hadn't tried to use only the map.sqlite before.

---

This time no new picture. Two in one day is enough. :D
ok :D il lget another map

solars

by solars » Post

sneebliahj1 wrote:ok :D il lget another map
This sound as you reffering my map and not another. 8o

Was the download successful?

----

This time a picture of the night in Karsthafen. Lights in the houses, but no streetlights, so its very dark in the night on the streets. The very low light pollution makes Karsthafen a very pleasant holiday resort. ;)

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

ok so imma have to download it again! it takes forever! XD when i download it it iss a winrar file and is named minetest.zip is that correct? that is an awesome pic btw and just to let you know i figured out what i should do with the map.sqlite file with the other map and no im not getting another map yours and jeijas are the only ones :D

THEGGABOOK77

by THEGGABOOK77 » Post

You can upload the file in MediaFire?!
Yeah,I know that only have 200 MB of Space in a page.
But no 200 MB . I'm wait 2 hours.
190.31.223.213 : 30000 Is my Modern House server (Creative) And Totally Free
Join Now!
My Stuff
MY MODS: City Elements-Funny Signs

solars

by solars » Post

sneebliahj1 wrote:download it it iss a winrar file and is named minetest.zip is that correct?
I don't know, i havn't used the function to download all files in once yet. I have testdownloaded the 6 files seperatly on the page.
I think, the minetest.zip will have the 6 .rar files in it. So after unpack the zip, you must unpack the rar... :D
THEGGABOOK77 wrote:You can upload the file in MediaFire?!
Yeah,I know that only have 200 MB of Space in a page.
But no 200 MB . I'm wait 2 hours.
What do you mean with 200 MB in a page?
The Karsthafen-Map is as rar-file ca. 1.2 GB big, in 6 parts a 200 MB!

Is Dropbox too slow?
I can attempt to use MediaFire with the next version, if the site is better. I think in a few weeks, I will upload a new version of the map.

The new image of Karsthafen is from a actual building lot outside the city. There will be the "Königsburg" (Kings Castle) in a future version. As the first building of the castle, I'am working on the throne room. Here a early incomplete version. :)

Peters

by Peters » Post

Hi there,
I am playing together with solars on the map "Karsthafen". So I wanted to post a picture of my buildings as well.
Here you can see a soccer stadium I started to build a few days ago.

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

ok so now i cant download it without adding it ot my dropbox which requires an account which i am not going to make D:

solars

by solars » Post

This is curios. The download of all 6 files at dropbox should be available without a account...

For all who has problems with the dropbox-download, or want to see a actual version of the city himself, I have now a new download of the historic district of Karsthafen as flying isle in the sky:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vuma9 ... -09-03.zip

And here is a picture of the entire map in this download:

Whitemau5
In-game: Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

Ok so i downloaded it from mediafire and it is amazing! The only problem is everything is in Dutch, or whatever language is written on the signs
Music Junky!

Check out my blog: theelectronica.wordpress.com

feromonas

by feromonas » Post

you do not think you've okay this city

Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

What? By the way, I'm sneebliahj1 I just changed my name because then people wouldnt know who i was.

THANKS SOLARS
Music Junky!

Peters

by Peters » Post

The language on the signs is German.
We might translate them to the English language when the city "Karsthafen" is finished.
But I am sure it'll take some time till it's done.

Here is a photo of the press centre in my tennis stadium.
I hope it looks realistic...
Last edited by Peters on Sun Oct 06, 2013 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

Peters wrote:The language on the signs is German.
We might translate them to the English language when the city "Karsthafen" is finished.
But I am sure it'll take some time till it's done.

Here is a photo of the press centre in my tennis stadium.
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae16 ... f5b7ab.png
I hope it looks realistic...
Oh ok thanks :)
Music Junky!

solars

by solars » Post

Whitemau5 wrote:THANKS SOLARS
I'am happy that the download works now... :D

Then in near future I will upload a new segment of my map. The Devils Towers completion is near. :D

At the moment, I work on a parcour high in the tower:

It's not easy to build a good parcour inside the tower. But I hope it will be satisfying.

1/2 of the parcour is ready, but the next 1/2 of the parcour I have a problem to find ideas to make it varying, so I hope some of you have ideas for me. ;)

And I want to ask all of you who want to run the parcour: Should it be difficult, very difficult or hard to run?
Last edited by solars on Sun Oct 06, 2013 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I'd love to take a look at the map, especially since the buildings seem to be of high quality - plus the city seems to be a large planned project. Unfortionately, mediafire does not work as a download site. It is unusable.

Would it be possible to record part of the map with the special download-client? That usually leads to far smaller file size. I'm not entirely sure why that is so - compare the ~150 mb of Redcrabs world (and yes, that encompasses all the towns and huge structures) to the several GB the map covers on disk - it's an immense reduction. I guess it comes from not recording all those mines, places without buildings, and chunks of air.
A list of my mods can be found here.

solars

by solars » Post

Sokomine wrote:Would it be possible to record part of the map with the special download-client? That usually leads to far smaller file size. I'm not entirely sure why that is so - compare the ~150 mb of Redcrabs world.
This sounds fantastic. Where can I find the special download-client? When this is possible, I will do it, but at the moment, I don't know how...

The image this time is from the unfinished Jagdschloss (hunting lodge), that is a part of the Kings Castle:

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

solars wrote: This sounds fantastic. Where can I find the special download-client? When this is possible, I will do it, but at the moment, I don't know how...
Try this if you need a pre-compiled client for Windows, or sfan5's github repro if you are able to compile.

It might also help if you could make the server available for connections from the outside for a short time.

solars

by solars » Post

Sokomine wrote:... or sfan5's github repro if you are able to compile.
I have build the minetest from this repro. But how get I the map, or find the download-client?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

With the special download client, the map is automaticly saved in the folder bin/localmap/ in leveldb format. The map-saving client may not help that much if it's run from the same machine as the world runs on I'm afraid - much of the reduction originates from network beeing extremly slow and thus only the most basic chunks of land loading (and not, i.e., large amounts of underground and air).

Hope you manage to reduce the file size.

You may also consider pointing OldCoder to the map. If he spots it, he'll most likely offer to host it so that players will be able to connect and enjoy it on a server without having to download the full map. Players who enjoy the map may start building, and it might turn into a fork of your map, which may or may not be desired.