Ideas for mods.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

Ideas for mods.

by Jordach » Post

This is not the same topic as the other one.

This is for me to code, FREE OF CHARGE.

Now, come up with some cool ideas and I will get back to you and maybe do some cool tricks.
Last edited by Jordach on Tue Feb 14, 2012 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

rinoux

by rinoux » Post

a map ?

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

...Mailbox mod?

Allows a user to send an item to another mailbox? I just came up with this idea :/

Player A stands infront of his house while he wants to send his friend "Player B" some coal to make some torches before night sets... Goes to his mailbox, right clicks, and it goes to another mailbox. Somehow able to choose or something?

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

@Rionux, A map huh, seems possible, but I may have to patch clients, and I am not doing that.

@Luna, seems from what I know could be done, but I have the feeling it cant be done with the unstable modding API. However, I will have a crack at it. Although my step by step method says it can be.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

Jordach wrote:This is not the same topic as the other one.

This is for me to code, FREE OF CHARGE.

Now, come up with some cool ideas and I will get back to you and maybe do some cool tricks.
I don't see much a need for two threads same topic lol. As in "the other one" it was said anyone is free to take ideas and make them happen :P

But to each his own. I say some of those suggestions in "the other one" were rather good.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

Gatharoth

by Gatharoth » Post

Lets see... an idea... Hmm... How 'bout actual traps?

Lets say, a bear trap for an example.

Player A crafts the trap, then places it. To "arm" the trap Player A hits it.
Player B walks around and just so happens to "step" on the trap by Player A
Player B takes X damage, and (if possible) unable to move for X seconds and trap is unarmed
If Player B were to talk on it again, it would do nothing because it is not armed anymore
Player A would have to come back and "arm" the trap again.
If Player A armed the trap, then walked on it mistakenly, Player A would take X damage and unable to move for X seconds

If Player A wants it back, he'll hit it and dig it out. An "armed" trap will return an unarmed trap.

I can think of other traps, such as Crushers (basically block being pushed down on top of something), spike pits (a pit of spikes that deals X damage ever second an object remains in it), "dart shooters" (ones you would find in like Indiana jones that shoot out poison darts). Etcetera

gavin94

by gavin94 » Post

ok this would be great a gas mod u mine till a certian depth find a pool of liquid(gas) use pumps to get it to the surface a make a gas station then use the feul for motors guns cannons making special items exetera or make a simple black powder mod wich u can use to make fire works

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

gavin94 wrote:ok this would be great a gas mod u mine till a certian depth find a pool of liquid(gas) use pumps to get it to the surface a make a gas station then use the feul for motors guns cannons making special items exetera or make a simple black powder mod wich u can use to make fire works
+1

However that sounds a lot like the oil mod
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

gavin94

by gavin94 » Post

true maybe they need to be combined:D that would be really cool. the black powder mod im guessing would be easy to make though craft powder then craft a sort of firework then you add the color of powder you want then boom:D awsome fireworks just a cool idea.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

gavin94 wrote:true maybe they need to be combined:D that would be really cool. the black powder mod im guessing would be easy to make though craft powder then craft a sort of firework then you add the color of powder you want then boom:D awsome fireworks just a cool idea.
Then nParticle will be used.

gavin94

by gavin94 » Post

would that be possible though

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Yes, but like Jeija's mesecons, that took a very long time.

shelbyingram

by shelbyingram » Post

We need more stuff to build with!
Minetest is it's own thing, keep it that way!

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

How about this:D making dungeons!! Like the villages mod this mod should spawn predetermined mine/dungeons. I would also like to see a mod where mineral such as copper iron coal etc. Spawn in veins in the ground not just randomly! Anyways would be super cool to see either one of these! Happy modding: )
Keep calm and code python^_^

gavin94

by gavin94 » Post

true ALOT of work but what are great mods made of:D first like shelbyingram said we need more stuff to build with something simple but effective

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

animals modpack does already have traps for vombies, just exchange vombie for player and do damage instead of capture and you'll have your trap
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

shelbyingram wrote:We need more stuff to build with!
like what ive been searching for new things to make into the building blocks mod and im planning to add a name next to every idea suggested saying who ...well suggested it!

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

sdzen wrote:
shelbyingram wrote:We need more stuff to build with!
like what ive been searching for new things to make into the building blocks mod and im planning to add a name next to every idea suggested saying who ...well suggested it!
actually I am going to do some of these, since there is very little.

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

If you do the dungeon generator mod thingy, make sure there's a chest...with unique weapons/items/trinkets in it.

Randomly placed Chests with random things in them would be nice to me...Since I am an adventure seeker in the real world, and an explorer in both real and gaming :/, finding things excites me greatly.

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

Oh and as for some building blocks ideas -

Luminescent blocks (Blocks of different colorings giving off different colored lights(Could be good for discos LOLOL))
Carpet (Not wool, This could be made using wool or thread or yarn or something, maybe a good 2x2 or 4x4 block cover?)
Half Blocks (Duh? Stairs are so much more convenient this way...)
Shell blocks (Found on beaches, or in the ocean, dig em up, collect the shells, can hang shells on walls or something?)
Papyrus Walling (Use papyrus with wood, to make a papyrus looking wallpaper, good for jungle homes!)
Cages(Stores rats, or other small animals(Can be placed))

Also...how does one go about changing the GUI for the crafting/inventory...That thing is hideous.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Lunarhiro wrote:Oh and as for some building blocks ideas -

Luminescent blocks (Blocks of different colorings giving off different colored lights(Could be good for discos LOLOL))
Carpet (Not wool, This could be made using wool or thread or yarn or something, maybe a good 2x2 or 4x4 block cover?)
Half Blocks (Duh? Stairs are so much more convenient this way...)
Shell blocks (Found on beaches, or in the ocean, dig em up, collect the shells, can hang shells on walls or something?)
Papyrus Walling (Use papyrus with wood, to make a papyrus looking wallpaper, good for jungle homes!)
Cages(Stores rats, or other small animals(Can be placed))

Also...how does one go about changing the GUI for the crafting/inventory...That thing is hideous.
half of this I can do, just add textures.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

I'll chime in.. Asian themed blocks?

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:I'll chime in.. Asian themed blocks?
Paper lanterns? :o

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Lunarhiro wrote:
Oh, I had such an idea. Glasslike block, but a little more blended and with a symbol on it. Different colours and different symbols.
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

Lunarhiro wrote:
Paper lanterns, rice paper blocks, tatami blocks, etc lol