[Mod] Pyramids [0.4.2 beta] [pyramids]

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

I was flying looking for a pyramid and it took me forever. That's unacceptable! These pyramids are too good to be so rare :S (just kidding, the spawn rate seems fine... but they are so pretty!)

I absolutely love that the mummies get knocked back when hit.

One thing that was weird in the pyramid I found is that it was kind of floating.

Not a major issue, but it does look a bit odd. Anyway, thank you very very very much for this mod =]
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

leo_rockway wrote:I was flying looking for a pyramid and it took me forever. That's unacceptable! These pyramids are too good to be so rare :S (just kidding, the spawn rate seems fine... but they are so pretty!)

One thing that was weird in the pyramid I found is that it was kind of floating.
http://leorockway.com.ar/pyramid.png

Not a major issue, but it does look a bit odd. Anyway, thank you very very very much for this mod =]
Flatten mod anyone? >:D

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

It would be cool, if some pyramids could generate 80% under sand, so you can dig them out like an archaeologist :)

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

Neuromancer wrote: Ahh, the spinning mummy was just like the one I see in the spawning blocks, but oddly enough he wasn't in a spawning block. I have also seen a bunch of mostly spawned pyramids with chunks missing. I like this feature. It's like finding a ruined pyramid and most of these have no treasure which is a good thing.

I heard the mummy growling on decent speakers, and honestly this mod wins the best mod ever. The growling is perfect for this Mod. It really is scary. Sounds totally like an angry dead pharoah. I also like finding half buried pyramids that you have to dig to find the entrance, all the while you hear the growling mummies ready to chew on your bones.
The cave generator destroys pyramids recently, but i actually like that too. About the spawner mummy, i will have a look at.

leo_rockway wrote:I was flying looking for a pyramid and it took me forever. That's unacceptable! These pyramids are too good to be so rare :S (just kidding, the spawn rate seems fine... but they are so pretty!)

Jordach wrote:Flatten mod anyone? >:D
The spawning code of the pyramids is still kinda experimental, but i have already fixed the floating and improved the spawning code for the next release. In general keep in mind that this mod is beta, so there may be more issues ;)
webdesigner97 wrote:It would be cool, if some pyramids could generate 80% under sand, so you can dig them out like an archaeologist :)
Well, it wont be always 80% but because of the floating fix there are more pyramids half (more or less) buried now.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

BlockMen wrote:
Neuromancer wrote: Ahh, the spinning mummy was just like the one I see in the spawning blocks, but oddly enough he wasn't in a spawning block. I have also seen a bunch of mostly spawned pyramids with chunks missing. I like this feature. It's like finding a ruined pyramid and most of these have no treasure which is a good thing.

I heard the mummy growling on decent speakers, and honestly this mod wins the best mod ever. The growling is perfect for this Mod. It really is scary. Sounds totally like an angry dead pharoah. I also like finding half buried pyramids that you have to dig to find the entrance, all the while you hear the growling mummies ready to chew on your bones.
The cave generator destroys pyramids recently, but i actually like that too. About the spawner mummy, i will have a look at.

Jordach wrote:Flatten mod anyone? >:D
The spawning code of the pyramids is still kinda experimental, but i have already fixed the floating and improved the spawning code for the next release. In general keep in mind that this mod is beta, so there may be more issues ;)
webdesigner97 wrote:It would be cool, if some pyramids could generate 80% under sand, so you can dig them out like an archaeologist :)
Well, it wont be always 80% but because of the floating fix there are more pyramids half (more or less) buried now.
80% was just an example ;) But it's great to see that this is possible!

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Yeah having a variety of semi and fully buried pyramids is an excellent idea.

Zaraki

by Zaraki » Post

Can't find any pyramids and i really search them :

"image"

and more but can't post more than 1 link

how can I modify the number of pyramids ? To make it less rare

edit: found 1 but I can't open the chest and there's sand in the pyramid

Last edited by Zaraki on Sat Sep 07, 2013 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

alisson

by alisson » Post

this mod looks really cool

george90867

by george90867 » Post

the same happend to me
Zaraki wrote:Can't find any pyramids and i really search them :

"image"

http://img96.xooimage.com/files/6/1/6/s ... 0bb2a9.png

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

I found a pyramid with a good amount of sand in it and mummies buried in the sand and they were struggling to get to me. This is an awesome feature.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Tue Sep 10, 2013 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

"image"

The sand can sometimes appear in pyramids, but IMO that is more like a feature. The issue with the chest is unknown so far. What version of Minetest and of this mod are you using?
BlockMen wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:What would I need to do to the init.lua to increase the frequency of pyramids spawning?
In version 0.2 you can lower the 17 in line 111 to spawn more pyramids. But i wouldnt recommend that...
george90867 wrote:the same happend to me
What exactly? That you cant find a pyramid or can't you open the chest?

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

@Blockmen: You are able to use dropbox to display images in your posts. The [url/image] syntax I used to use with omploader does not work with dropbox. What syntax do you use to get the images to appear?
Last edited by Neuromancer on Tue Sep 10, 2013 23:04, edited 1 time in total.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Neuromancer wrote:@Blockmen: You are able to use dropbox to display images in your posts. The [url/image] syntax I used to use with omploader does not work with dropbox. What syntax do you use to get the images to appear?
If you have a opened the picture to the public then rightlick on the top right on "Download", select "Copy link" and remove the "?" and everything righ to it. This gives a direct download link to the image that can be displayed with the [img tag.

chlue

by chlue » Post

Hello,

I had the same issue with not being able to open the chest. This was with 0.4.7 and after downloading minetest git from yesterday and building 0.4.8dev the chest could still not be opened. I then erased the sql database of the map so that the map is recreated and and then everything worked fine.

--> The code which creates the chest seem to not work correctly on 0.4.7

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

chlue wrote:Hello,

I had the same issue with not being able to open the chest. This was with 0.4.7 and after downloading minetest git from yesterday and building 0.4.8dev the chest could still not be opened. I then erased the sql database of the map so that the map is recreated and and then everything worked fine.

--> The code which creates the chest seem to not work correctly on 0.4.7
Thanks for reporting such detailed error. I will try to reproduce and see how it can be fixed

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Can I use this in overcraft origins?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Can I use this in overcraft origins?
WTFPL->"Do What The Fuck You Want To" includes using in a game ;)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

BlockMen wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:Can I use this in overcraft origins?
WTFPL->"Do What The Fuck You Want To" includes using in a game ;)
OK well WTFPL means that I can ask if I want. :P
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Zaraki

by Zaraki » Post

BlockMen wrote:

"image"

The sand can sometimes appear in pyramids, but IMO that is more like a feature. The issue with the chest is unknown so far. What version of Minetest and of this mod are you using?
I use Minetest in 0.4.7 and i tested the 2 versions of pyramids, I didn't find pyramids with 1 version but find one and can't open the chest with the other version

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

Zaraki wrote:
BlockMen wrote:

"image"

I use Minetest in 0.4.7 and i tested the 2 versions of pyramids, I didn't find pyramids with 1 version but find one and can't open the chest with the other version
I found out what causes the issue with chests in Minetest 0.4.7. It will be fixed in next release ;)

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

In depends.txt there is just “default” but your mod also depends on “farming”, because farming:bread can be found in the chest. If one plays only with default loaded but nothing else, one is gonna see that stupid “unknown item” icon.
But this dependency could easily be turned into an optional dependency if you check with minetest.get_modnames wheather farming is loaded or not and do or don’t add bread, respectively.
The depends.txt line must then read like this:

Code: Select all

farming?
(question mark declares “farming” an optional dependency)

Nice idea though. :-)
Last edited by Wuzzy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 01:40, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Wuzzy wrote:In depends.txt there is just “default” but your mod also depends on “farming”, because farming:bread can be found in the chest. If one plays only with default loaded but nothing else, one is gonna see that stupid “unknown item” icon.
But this dependency could easily be turned into an optional dependency if you check with minetest.get_modnames wheather farming is loaded or not and do or don’t add bread, respectively.

farming?

But farming comes with minetest_game anyway...
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Dan Duncombe wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:In depends.txt there is just “default” but your mod also depends on “farming”, because farming:bread can be found in the chest. If one plays only with default loaded but nothing else, one is gonna see that stupid “unknown item” icon.

farming?

But farming comes with minetest_game anyway...
Its still better to add all dependencies. People might use old versions of minetest_game, where default works fine with this mod but they dont have farming yet.
Last edited by PilzAdam on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Hooray! I found the first pyramid.

I was flying around in my U.F.O. with a shitload of fuel in my inventory searching the deserts for pyramids. I had luck; the search took less than expected.

The interesting part is: I found the pyramid half-buried in the sand! :-))) What a great luck to me.
This is what the pyramid looked like after digging a few desert sand nodes:

This is what the pyramid looks like after digging out:

Interestingly, the pyramid wasn’t all covered in desert sand, there were some desert stones in the way, too.
It was somehow funny/strange to hear the mummies growling all the time while I was digging on the outside. :D

The inside of the pyramid was free of any desert sand and desert stone. After I destroyed the mummies (easy with a mese sword) and the spawner, I still couldn’t open the chest.
Don’t be surprised, I used 0.4.7. I read about the known problems later. :-(

But overall I like this mod. Keep working on it!

PS: Here are the coordinates and mapgen info:
  • X=397
  • Y=24
  • Z=-69
  • seed = 4961296456521905841
  • mg_name = v6
  • mg_flags = trees, caves, v6_biome_blend, v6_jungles, dungeons
PPS: Oh my glob! Today must be my lucky day! There is another pyramid in the same desert, not far from the first one. I leave the task of finding it to the reader. :P

PPPS: In case you didn’t know, U.F.O.s can be installed with the [ufos] mod.
Last edited by Wuzzy on Sun Sep 29, 2013 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

Update! Version 0.3 released

Changelog:
- complete reworked chamber (using 2 textures of bas080)
- reworked spawning code
- fixed chest opening issue
- fixed floating pyramids

pyramid generation is now also based on world seed

Bas080 wrote:Maybe you can use textures of gods mod i haven't finished. https://github.com/bas080/OCD/tree/master/mods/gods
I wasn't knowing the license so i made them CC-BY-SA 3.0. Is that fine for you?
Last edited by BlockMen on Thu Sep 26, 2013 08:18, edited 1 time in total.