[Mod] Ruins [0.1 beta] [ruins]

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

[Mod] Ruins [0.1 beta] [ruins]

by BlockMen » Post

Hello everyone,

this small mod adds ruins to Minetest. There are two types of ruins, stone and wooden (more rare). They are spawned on grass(land) and not that rare.

There are no chests, etc; they are just ment to be make the world look more interesting.

Screenshot:

Known bugs:
-rarely the world freezes for a short moment when generated

Download:
Version 0.1: Download

License:
WTFPL

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Lol
(more rare). They are spawned on grass(land) and not that rare.
Anyways nice job and I can't wait to try it at home. Maybe you could add full buildings and also mines and etc. To make it better
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Very nice.

more rare => rarer?
Last edited by rubenwardy on Fri Sep 13, 2013 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

You're one of my favourite modders, i will be installing this as well as pyramids.

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

Wow. Just, wow.

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

I'd get rid of the glass and have missing stones on the floor with tall grass growing everywhere out of the holes in the floor, and make them larger and give them some interesting architectural shapes, not just square. Then put some broken rotten beams in here and there as well.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Sat Sep 14, 2013 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

A great idea for this: archeology!

Bury some cobble stone or bricks in the ground for people to dig up - maybe marking them with a flower, or ridges like in real life.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Lol, this would save me wandering around oppon4's server and making them manually :P

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

this would be nice if you could make a branch of this with my castles mod. The ruins of a castle with a ruined courtyard and orchard and dungeon overrun with vines and all. That would be impressive.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Neuromancer wrote:I'd get rid of the glass and have missing stones on the floor with tall grass growing everywhere out of the holes in the floor, and make them larger and give them some interesting architectural shapes, not just square. Then put some broken rotten beams in here and there as well.
I like the glass blocks. Finding them occasionally is fun and saves me from making them. :)

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Lol
Anyways nice job and I can't wait to try it at home. Maybe you could add full buildings and also mines and etc. To make it better
You can find mines here: Mines
paramat wrote:You're one of my favourite modders, i will be installing this as well as pyramids.
Rhys wrote:Wow. Just, wow.
Thanks
Neuromancer wrote:I'd get rid of the glass and have missing stones on the floor with tall grass growing everywhere out of the holes in the floor, and make them larger and give them some interesting architectural shapes, not just square. Then put some broken rotten beams in here and there as well.
I will keep the glass but with the missing stones and grass growing is a nice idea. Other shapes are also planned, but idk about the beams.
rubenwardy wrote:A great idea for this: archeology!

Bury some cobble stone or bricks in the ground for people to dig up - maybe marking them with a flower, or ridges like in real life.
Hmm...im more thinking about a basement ;)
philipbenr wrote:this would be nice if you could make a branch of this with my castles mod. The ruins of a castle with a ruined courtyard and orchard and dungeon overrun with vines and all. That would be impressive.
Feel free to make a fork or to contribute ;)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

rubenwardy wrote: A great idea for this: archeology!

The ruins (and the pyramids of another of BlockMens mods) could be indicators of where things to dig up can be found. Craft a brush, dig sand extremly slowly with the brush, and with some luck you'd pick up part of a broken clay pot. A special table could allow you to reassemble the pot - provided you found all parts of it and "assembled" it the right way (small puzzle).
A list of my mods can be found here.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Blockmen wrote:
philipbenr wrote:this would be nice if you could make a branch of this with my castles mod. The ruins of a castle with a ruined courtyard and orchard and dungeon overrun with vines and all. That would be impressive.
Feel free to make a fork or to contribute ;)
Well, I don't know a whole lot about programming as of now, but I'll give it a shot. I might even use paramat's flatten mod to do it.

PS Yet another great mod Blockmen! :)