Cloud

The Wastelands

by Cloud » Post

Welcome to The Wastelands

A new fun and exciting server to join the Minetest community

(Non 24/7)

Admin: Cloud

Moderators: Whitemau5, Nicole

This server is invite only and requires Remobo to join.

To join server please follow these steps.

1. Create an account and download program from
www. remobo .com

2. Send request from Remobo and add: “TheWastelandsServer” as buddy.

3. Pending approval leave replay on this forum with your Remobo username and minetest player name.

After approved you are free to join the following server whenever it appears online.

Note: to log into server each time you must be logged into remobo as well.

Installed Mods:

More Blocks

More Ores

Land Rush

Set Home

Crafting Guides

Home Decor

World Edit

Server Rules:

No Griefing Ever

Please do not ask for more privs, the default set privs are more then enough

Please clean up after yourself and do not leave any dropped items. (If you do not want a certain item /pulverize or leave in one of the free chest.

Any more questions leave in forum and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you

((Keep updated with my forum, this server will hopefully soon not require remobo to join however if you would like to join this is the only way at this time.))

Due to real life stuff I am not on as much as I would like. If I do not respond right away please be patient. Thank you
Last edited by Cloud on Thu Sep 19, 2013 05:35, edited 1 time in total.

Cloud

by Cloud » Post

nolan wrote: wow we have to do all that just to get on your server?
@Nolan Unfortunately this is the only way I could make my server at this time. If anything changes I will update my forum. However it will always remain invite only. If you do not want to take the steps to join that’s fine. No reason for sarcastic comments.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I would like to join your server but your requirement to install Remobo >:-< demotivates me from doing it. :-(

I do not trust Remobo because it is propritiary software. I do not trust it that it does not do nasty things with my computer or that it is not a spyware or that it does not have a hidden backdoor intentionally build in because, for example, the U.S. government ordered AWIT Systems Inc. (the U.S.-based company behind Remobo) to do so. So I do not want to install it at all and I strongly discourage others from installing it.

I wish you wouldn’t ask players to install a propritiary software on their computers. :-O It is harmful.

I do, however, have nothing against the concept of invite-only. ^_^ Just do it in a way which does not require one to install propritiary software, please.

But you think that your current server plan (which involves installing Remobo) is the only possible way to do it. o_O That’s strange to me. Why do you think it’s the only way?
Last edited by Wuzzy on Sat Sep 14, 2013 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Cloud

by Cloud » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I would like to join your server but your requirement to install Remobo >:-< demotivates me from doing it. :-(

I do not trust Remobo because it is propritiary software. I do not trust it that it does not do nasty things with my computer or that it is not a spyware or that it does not have a hidden backdoor intentionally build in because, for example, the U.S. government ordered AWIT Systems Inc. (the U.S.-based company behind Remobo) to do so. So I do not want to install it at all and I strongly discourage others from installing it.

I wish you wouldn’t ask players to install a propritiary software on their computers. :-O It is harmful.

I do, however, have nothing against the concept of invite-only. ^_^ Just do it in a way which does not require one to install propritiary software, please.

But you think that your current server plan (which involves installing Remobo) is the only possible way to do it. o_O That’s strange to me. Why do you think it’s the only way?
@Wuzzy I am glad you would like to join my server. However at this time this is the only way I can allow other players to join. Due to my own personal computer and router problems. I am hoping when 0.4.8 comes I can make it easier for others to join. However it will alway remain an invite only server. Keep updated with my forum and I will let everyone know if anything changes with ways to connect or anything else. Thank you

In addition.. I do know of several people who use this program and none of us have any problems with the program. It is up to each individual to decide whether or not they want to download Remobo.
Last edited by Cloud on Sun Sep 15, 2013 06:02, edited 1 time in total.

Cloud

by Cloud » Post

“Welcome to hell” A new creation added to the server. Created by: Nicole

Cloud

by Cloud » Post

Spawn is now done. (Thank you Nicole for photo bombing, you made the picture a little more perfect with your presence.) xD
Last edited by Cloud on Sun Sep 15, 2013 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

Nicole

by Nicole » Post

Cloud wrote:http://i.imgur.com/dVR3Nx2.jpg

Spawn is now done. (Thank you Nicole for photo bombing, you made the picture a little more perfect with your presence.) xD

LULZIEs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

:D Love this server! I have big BIG plans for my next build! Hey Nicole! <3 you! Hey Cloud! :D :D

Cloud

by Cloud » Post

sneebliahj1 wrote::D Love this server! I have big BIG plans for my next build! Hey Nicole! <3 you! Hey Cloud! :D :D
@Sneebliahj1 I am very happy to know you have enjoyed the server so far in it's early development. I too have some big plans in mind. :)

Nicole

by Nicole » Post

Hello, Nicole here. c:
I would like to adress the issue on people finding The Wastelands too difficult to enter. Yes, it does take a bit more work. However, I have 8 reasons on why the heightened difficulty makes the server better, and worth the while. :)
1- No guests, ever.
If you are a guest you probably do not know very much about minetest yet; so you most likely wont even know what the forums are. Which means: if guests don't get to the forums, they cant get the instructions to get to The Wastelands. This, one might hope to find a guest name once in a blue moon.

2-No griefers.
-Griefers grief when they are bored, ticked off, or are new. When someone is bored, they are lazy, and most deffinentely would not go through the whole process of getting on The Wastelands. When a person is ticked off, and want to blow off steam, they want it done quickly, meaning they wouldnt go onto the forums and search about calmly for a server to hit. As well, reffering to the last point, they might be new.
-In addition, the server IS invite only. Cloud would need to recieve the request from the player wanting to join, and let them in. Obviously, Cloud would not allow a griefer, ruling out any chances for a griefer entering.

3- Players will all understand the same language.
Have you ever been playing, then a player comes on speaking French, Spanish, Or Portuguese? There is nothing wrong with speakers of another language, but it gets frustrating not being able to communicate with your fellow players.
This issue will almost NEVER happen. The instructions are in English. So, if a person did enter, they would at least understand English, for easier communication and a smoother experience.

4-There will be at least one moderator online at all times.
The server is non 24/hr. Therefore when it is up, Cloud will be on, and possibly(more than likely) Whitemau5 and myself will be on as well. Thus without question, you know your builds are safe. :)

5- Amazing people.
Everyone on The Wastelands are fun, easygoing people. When you join the server, you know you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your time here. c:

6- A friendly environment.
As said on the last point, we're nice and laid back. We will ensure that no one's arse will be ripped and that the stressful situations will be lept to a minimum(Hopefully nonexistant xD )

7- Low on drama.
I am not fond of drama, Cloud is not fond of drama, and neither is Whitemau5. Heck, I have never met one person that enjoys drama. Therefore, obviously; the admin and moderators of The Wastelands will strive to keep things running smoothly, and diffuse dramatical situations ASAP.

Finally...

8-It isn't strict!
There are only 3 rules:
-No Griefing Ever,
-Do not ask for more privs, and
-Clean up after yourself/ do not leave any dropped items.

Meaning, you can feel free to strip sand from beaches or build pillars or even curse(Try to be respectful, though!), and you'll be just fine. :D

There you go! My 8 reasons on why I find The Wastelands to be an aaaaaaaa-mazing server! xD Honestly, I believe you will find this server to be worth the extra effort, but what do I know? xD Why dont you find out for yourelf?

~Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cloud

by Cloud » Post

An awesome home, with an even more awesome above view. (unfinished) Created by Nicole

Cloud

by Cloud » Post

A great castle concept by Whitemau5 (unfinished) Can’t wait to see what else they make.

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

Hello everyone! White here! I will be creating a minetest forum account with the name Whitemau5 so everyone will know me :D Anyway, just to let everyone know.

OK, so this server requires remobo which i have heard is an "unsafe" program that most people are unsure with. I downloaded it so i can come on this server and I was even a little skeptical. At first, i got a few virus threats and my computer quickly deleted them. I have not had an incident of any viruses since then and my computer runs fine. Now my computer is super slow but the download of remobo made no difference. Just a little note to reassure you guys! :D It is tons of fun and would be even more if you joined!

BTW: Thanks for the wonderful pictures Cloud of my build! It was a wonderful castle and I love the advertisement!

Whitemau5
In-game: Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

sneebliahj1 wrote:Hello everyone! White here! I will be creating a minetest forum account with the name Whitemau5 so everyone will know me :D Anyway, just to let everyone know.

OK, so this server requires remobo which i have heard is an "unsafe" program that most people are unsure with. I downloaded it so i can come on this server and I was even a little skeptical. At first, i got a few virus threats and my computer quickly deleted them. I have not had an incident of any viruses since then and my computer runs fine. Now my computer is super slow but the download of remobo made no difference. Just a little note to reassure you guys! :D It is tons of fun and would be even more if you joined!

BTW: Thanks for the wonderful pictures Cloud of my build! It was a wonderful castle and I love the advertisement!
My account of Whitemau5 is now up :D Now everyone that knows me on minetest can recognize me on forum!
Music Junky!

Check out my blog: theelectronica.wordpress.com

johnDoe

by johnDoe » Post

Cloud wrote:An awesome home, with an even more awesome above view. (unfinished) Created by Nicole

http://i.imgur.com/HbI8dta.jpg
Is this a creative server? Or how did you ever get so many rainbow blocks?

johnDoe

by johnDoe » Post

Cloud wrote: Please clean up after yourself and do not leave any dropped items. (If you do not want a certain item /pulverize or leave in one of the free chest.
Dropped items will disappear after 10 minutes.
Last edited by johnDoe on Tue Oct 01, 2013 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Cloud

by Cloud » Post

johnDoe wrote:
Is this a creative server? Or how did you ever get so many rainbow blocks?
@JohnDoe No this server is not creative. However when this home was made creative was on for the time being. It is not anymore and we have also had one reset since then.

Cloud

by Cloud » Post

johnDoe wrote:
Cloud wrote: Please clean up after yourself and do not leave any dropped items. (If you do not want a certain item /pulverize or leave in one of the free chest.
Dropped items will disappear after 10 minutes.

True, but Instead of dropping them on the floor it would be better to put in free chest for others to use or just /pulverize just to help prevent any unnecessary lag it may cause.

Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

Trust me. Take my advice. When I had a tree farm on ray's server i left my tree saplings. Sooner or later I had found out that leaving them caused the server to crash.
Music Junky!

ShadedBlack

by ShadedBlack » Post

It's ShadedBlack, I'm sure you remember me guys.

Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Post

Last edited by Esteban on Fri Mar 18, 2016 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
Scan avatar or click here to read a Message of Hope (PDF)

Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

Shaded!! Buddy!! Wazzup!!

Yah so people!! Word of advice!! Do NOT leave saps! LOL
Music Junky!