IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Hmm....more ideas.....

rinoux

by rinoux » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:
Lunarhiro wrote:
RAPHAEL wrote:I'll chime in.. Asian themed blocks?
Paper lanterns? :o
Paper lanterns, rice paper blocks, tatami blocks, etc lol
Image :-) (Matsuri)

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Yeah, could do some, but it would need the jungle tree to make it though.

J0nnJ0nes

by J0nnJ0nes » Post

Well, I have a ton of ideas just lying around, just they're mostly pretty extreme, in terms of ideas. In terms of complexity, not really, or so I think. And usefulness is usually minimal or none ... just interest, and ways to spice up the game. I'll only present a few at a time to not overwhelm and just seem like spam.

*Meteor storms: From a literal sense, falling exploding "creepers". The problem with that is, there wont be any land left after a while. So, at the very least, there have to be different resistances to explosions. Ideally though, there has to be a way of the land regenerating to some degree. I was thinking a constant Meteor Shower, with small meteors that deposit dirt everywhere slowly, and, once in a while, Meteor Storms, with large meteors that just blast large craters everywhere.

-Practically: Spawning explosive creatures at high altitude that can only travel sideways in the air, and fall. On impact, they deposit or blast away blocks, depending on the type of storm at the time. As a side-note, maybe the meteors should fall from only 1 direction, east, based on the earth's spin.

-This would be more of an extreme survival mod, but it just makes it all that more of a challenge to survive.

*Alien creatures on an alien planet (sky, plants, water, etc.).

*Dinosaur era mod: Imagine brontosauruses near the shore, flocks of pterodactyls in the sky, raptors and T-rexes on land, albeit rare. At least pterodactyls are large, so only a certain-size frame would be needed to keep them out.
Last edited by J0nnJ0nes on Thu Feb 16, 2012 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

J0nnJ0nes wrote:Well, I have a ton of ideas just lying around, just they're mostly pretty extreme, in terms of ideas. In terms of complexity, not really, or so I think. And usefulness is usually minimal or none ... just interest, and ways to spice up the game. I'll only present a few at a time to not overwhelm and just seem like spam.

*Meteor storms: From a literal sense, falling exploding "creepers". The problem with that is, there wont be any land left after a while. So, at the very least, there have to be different resistances to explosions. Ideally though, there has to be a way of the land regenerating to some degree. I was thinking a constant Meteor Shower, with small meteors that deposit dirt everywhere slowly, and, once in a while, Meteor Storms, with large meteors that just blast large craters everywhere.

-Practically: Spawning explosive creatures at high altitude that can only travel sideways in the air, and fall. On impact, they deposit or blast away blocks, depending on the type of storm at the time. As a side-note, maybe the meteors should fall from only 1 direction, east, based on the earth's spin.

-This would be more of an extreme survival mod, but it just makes it all that more of a challenge to survive.

*Alien creatures on an alien planet (sky, plants, water, etc.).

*Dinosaur era mod: Imagine brontosauruses near the shore, flocks of pterodactyls in the sky, raptors and T-rexes on land, albeit rare. At least pterodactyls are large, so only a certain-size frame would be needed to keep them out.
Now this is just getting crazy, why cant I make them as a single mod?

J0nnJ0nes

by J0nnJ0nes » Post

Jordach wrote:Now this is just getting crazy, why cant I make them as a single mod?
Meteors and dinosaurs on an alien world ... no complaints here. I might be able to supply some of the textures/images needed ... I could supply all of them, but that might take a while with the limited time I have on my hands, but it can be done.

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

Candles
Clocks(hangable)
Dispensers
Bathtub
Snow.... Do we have snow on minetest yet? O.e

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Lunarhiro wrote:Candles
Clocks(hangable)
Dispensers
Bathtub
Hmm...Clocks, can do.
Dispensers...nope...
Bathtub....Custom cube needed..
Snow....Seasons has this.

Gatharoth

by Gatharoth » Post

Jordach wrote:
Lunarhiro wrote:Candles
Clocks(hangable)
Dispensers
Bathtub
Hmm...Clocks, can do.
Dispensers...nope...
Bathtub....Custom cube needed..
Snow....Seasons has this.

Why not Dispensers? Couldn't you just use something like

Code: Select all

on_punch_node
add_item
(... = to rest of code, since there would be more needed, such as what type of dispenser, and what it's dispensing)
or something along those lines?

Cooper

by Cooper » Post

Jordach wrote:This is not the same topic as the other one.

This is for me to code, FREE OF CHARGE.

Now, come up with some cool ideas and I will get back to you and maybe do some cool tricks.
Hey man i can make some textures if you have anything on your mind.
TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

cooper please don't reply to old topics

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

I have an idea, not develop it, but would give much play in the Serves.
would create an object of rankin, it changes to 4 possible states (losing bronze trophy, silver trophy, gold trophy..., for example), depending on the actions that the player with respect to other players holding the object, and possibly could be configured in a simple manner from the same game, for example, writing the specified action, in the same way that the sign objet, which can create competitions.

sorry for my English
translated by google

original text in Spanis:

Yo tengo una idea, que no se desarrollarla, pero daria mucho juego en los serves.
seria crear un objeto de rankin, que cambie a 4 estados posibles, (perdiendo, trofeo de bronce, trofeo de plata, trofeo de oro..., por ejemplo), dependiendo de las acciones que realice el jugador, con respecto a las de otros jugadores que posean el objeto, y a ser posible que se pudiera configurar de una manera sencilla desde el mismo juego, como por ejemplo, escribiendo la acción especifica, de la misma forma que el objeto sing, pudiendo crear competiciones.
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

tonyka wrote:I have an idea, not develop it, but would give much play in the Serves.
would create an object of rankin, it changes to 4 possible states (losing bronze trophy, silver trophy, gold trophy..., for example), depending on the actions that the player with respect to other players holding the object, and possibly could be configured in a simple manner from the same game, for example, writing the specified action, in the same way that the sign objet, which can create competitions.

sorry for my English
translated by google

original text in Spanis:

Yo tengo una idea, que no se desarrollarla, pero daria mucho juego en los serves.
seria crear un objeto de rankin, que cambie a 4 estados posibles, (perdiendo, trofeo de bronce, trofeo de plata, trofeo de oro..., por ejemplo), dependiendo de las acciones que realice el jugador, con respecto a las de otros jugadores que posean el objeto, y a ser posible que se pudiera configurar de una manera sencilla desde el mismo juego, como por ejemplo, escribiendo la acción especifica, de la misma forma que el objeto sing, pudiendo crear competiciones.
i agree, i could try adding privs, but this would suck.

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

Jordach wrote:
tonyka wrote:I have an idea, not develop it, but would give much play in the Serves.

sorry for my English
translated by google

original text in Spanis:

i agree, i could try adding privs, but this would suck.
seeing that like the idea, then show how little I've managed to create, not much, but at least it gives shape to the idea

unfortunately not programming, but I try to learn.

init.lua :

-- Master objet---

-- Properties:
-- Grant privileges to the organizer of the competition
-- To choose the type of event (collection of materials, kill mobs ...)
-- To choose start and duration of the event
-- Event ticket dispensing (mutable object)

minetest.register_craft({
output = 'experimental:registration_poster',
recipe = {
{'', 'default:sign_wall', ''},
{'default:paper', 'default:paper', 'default:paper'},
{'default:paper', 'default:paper', 'default:paper'}
}
})

minetest.register_node("experimental:registration_poster", {
description = "registration poster",
tile_images = {"master_event.png"},
inventory_image = minetest.inventorycube("poster.png"),
paramtype = "light",
drop = 'experimental:registration ticket',
groups = {snappy=2,choppy=2,oddly_breakable_by_hand=2},
sounds = default.node_sound_wood_defaults(),
--> the code <--

})
-- ranking sub-objet (mutable objet) --

--
minetest.register_item("experimental:registration ticket", {
description = "suscripción al evento",
-->the code
-- inventory_image = {"tiket.png","ranking0.png","ranking1.png","ranking2.png","ranking3.png",}

})

sorry for my English
translated by google
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

minecraft64

by minecraft64 » Post

2x2 inventory crafting mod for the workbench mod so you have to build a workbench to make tools
Got Tobuscus?

minecraft64

by minecraft64 » Post

minecraft64 wrote:2x2 inventory crafting mod for the workbench mod so you have to build a workbench to make tools
oh and a 3d creeper mod that looks like a mc creeper

I miss mc creepers so much i could hug one!
Got Tobuscus?

joseht123

by joseht123 » Post

how about weather like rain huricanes snow eathquakes ect.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

joseht123 wrote:how about weather like rain huricanes snow eathquakes ect.
Already requested
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader