Configuring a Server

dafull97

Configuring a Server

by dafull97 » Post

So i hate to post more than one post per day, but just trying to get my server running and stuff,

How would i post a Configuration file here is what i see in my VPS File list

.minetest
-backups

-worlds
-world
-auth.txt
-ipban.txt
-map.sqlite
-rollback.txt
-env_meta.txt
-map_meta.txt
-world.mt
-players
-dafull97

Do i need to make the file? above list all files passed the .minetest directory in the home directory....

also, i have no mods folder?

Please help :(

Thanks,
Dafull97
Last edited by dafull97 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

dafull97

by dafull97 » Post

Help me please guys... :(

dafull97

by dafull97 » Post

wow, is this a dead forum?

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

You can create "minetest.conf" (the config file), "mods/" (mods and modpacks), "textures/" (texture packs), and "games/" (alternative game modes) in the ".minetest/" folder if you need any of those.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

nolan

by nolan » Post

dafull97 wrote:wow, is this a dead forum?
No you just need to be patient -.-
Minecraft Came Out For The Ps3

dafull97

by dafull97 » Post

nolan wrote:
dafull97 wrote:wow, is this a dead forum?
No you just need to be patient -.-
sorry, i was just aggravated... i posted a long time ago... sorry again...

dafull97

by dafull97 » Post

Menche wrote:You can create "minetest.conf" (the config file), "mods/" (mods and modpacks), "textures/" (texture packs), and "games/" (alternative game modes) in the ".minetest/" folder if you need any of those.
Thanks, how would i use/edit the config file?

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

dafull97 wrote:
Menche wrote:You can create "minetest.conf" (the config file), "mods/" (mods and modpacks), "textures/" (texture packs), and "games/" (alternative game modes) in the ".minetest/" folder if you need any of those.
Here is an up-to date minetest.conf.example. It contains most of the settings that you can use, along with a description. To use a setting, copy the line to your minetest.conf and remove the '#' from the beginning (lines beginning with '#' are ignored). Minetest should be closed before editing the config file; changes will be overwritten otherwise.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

dafull97

by dafull97 » Post

Menche wrote:
dafull97 wrote:
Here is an up-to date minetest.conf.example. It contains most of the settings that you can use, along with a description. To use a setting, copy the line to your minetest.conf and remove the '#' from the beginning (lines beginning with '#' are ignored). Minetest should be closed before editing the config file; changes will be overwritten otherwise.
Thanks, just finished it for now, is there anything else i can do with the conf file, maybe use the mods?

and is there a tutorial some where that is up-to-date, that explains how to use the Land Claims, and more mods?

Thanks sooo much!!!

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

To add mods you just click on the world and add mods from the main menu.

Tutorials for mods can be found on their corresponding threads but if you download it you can read the README.txt file which is usually there.

If you want this type of land claim which I think you are talking about, information can be found here.

dafull97

by dafull97 » Post

CraigyDavi wrote:To add mods you just click on the world and add mods from the main menu.

Tutorials for mods can be found on their corresponding threads but if you download it you can read the README.txt file which is usually there.

If you want this type of land claim which I think you are talking about, information can be found here.
I'm lost at the beginning, i have a SSH Connection to my VPS... where my server is hosted... do i just add a mods folder under the server's worldname?

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

Minetest Wiki - Installing mods

I strongly suggest, that you start to read through the wiki. Most informations are available there.
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

dafull97

by dafull97 » Post

fairiestoy wrote:Minetest Wiki - Installing mods

I strongly suggest, that you start to read through the wiki. Most informations are available there.
I have no "MODS" Folder would i just make it a Folder?

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

Hmm your should have. Yeah just create a new folder called mods. Don't use caps.

dafull97

by dafull97 » Post

CraigyDavi wrote:Hmm your should have. Yeah just create a new folder called mods. Don't use caps.
k thanks alot =D