[Server] VanessaE's Survival Server [5.4.0]

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Regarding map-merging in general (split up so that it can be moved to a new thread if necessary):
twoelk wrote: I still think the merging of some map Idea most exciting and usefull. I would love to see some non-ingame tool made based on that idea. Some sort of map-database manipulating tool could solve more issues. It could have the following functions:
It would be great if maps that otherwise would be lost could live on on other servers.
twoelk wrote: 1. Read all map database versions.
(This should include all Minetest versions and all database backends)
At least 0.4.x seems to use the same map save format for all versions. I don't know how 0.3.x or earlier versions handle it.
twoelk wrote: 2. Abbility to analyse maps and show all sorts of information and statistics.
(For example: Show seed and other mapgenerating related information. Display maximum extent of the map in all directions including up and down. List of all types of nodes present on the map and maybe a list of all mods needed to display the map correctly. Search for certain nodes and list generating of the results; such as a list of all Travelboxes or Landclaimblocks with coordinates. Search for and analysing of database corruption. ... and much more)
Part of that can be done at database level.
Map seed: To my knowledge, that's only stored in a text file and seperate from the map. A map can be created with diffrent seeds over time.
Dimensions of the map: Yes, that's definitely intresting. May require some math on the indices of the chunks as they're calculated as x*4096^2 + y * 4096 + z (no guarantee on swapped x,y,z). Would be intresting to create useful SQL statements for that and for detecting "holes" in an area. Also for finding out how much of the map is inside certain boundaries.
Nodes present on the map: On the database level, it's possible to identify chunks which may contain a particular node. But that's about it. For indepth analysis (exact coordinates of that node, amount of nodes of that type in chunk, nodes present etc.), it is required to read the stored data and then analyze it. The minetest mapper in c++ might be a tool more suitable for that than this merging-of-maps-on-database-level.
twoelk wrote: 4. Related to above the possability to convert the basic map information between map and database versions.
(Tools to fix corrupted data among others such as clearobjects commands or fix crash related issues or fix import faillures or ...)
The database format MT uses is minimalistic. Hard to tell what could get corrupted there - maybe general sqlite tools to fix corrupted databases would be more suitable there. Clearallobjects would be something that has to analyze what's inside the chunk - again something that perhaps could be better integrated into the minetest mapper in c++.
twoelk wrote: 5. Tools to import into maps on a large scale
(such as merge maps, import map sections or certain chunks, import data from other formats such as WE schematics or maybe in the future other voxel-world data. To aid this maybe tools to compare maps and their nodes to find conflicts before attempting an import or merge.)
That...depends. Worldedit's old format (one line per node) is good for relatively small objects such as individual houses. The schematics-based approach (create/place_schematic) is extremly useful for placing houses and structures at map-gen time, but may also suffice for structures up to larger towns (it's mostly limited by memory afaik). Map-merging and -manipulation on the database level is completely diffrent.
twoelk wrote: Although this might be the wrong thread I think there is much potential in the map merging experiments and the information should be presented somewhere. Maybe a mapmerging thread should be started to gather more experience all in one location.
For saving large parts of a map or importing them into another map, the database-based approach is much faster and reliable than worldedit would be under those circumstances. It could also be helpful to cut off parts of the map where people just ran through in search for ressources. That would be of particular intrest to Redcrabs map - provided he would be there...
A list of my mods can be found here.

cy

by cy » Post

May I have interact please? I got the name cy.
My PGP key is 61EF 2214 3FC8 1C13 0406 B327 CECE ED18 4398 7815

cy

by cy » Post

Thank you!
My PGP key is 61EF 2214 3FC8 1C13 0406 B327 CECE ED18 4398 7815

codehero

by codehero » Post

May I have interact please? My nickname is codehero.

ndjdjksisksk

by ndjdjksisksk » Post

Image can i use this for a skin
nvm about me leaving minetest but i probably will for a while because i have nothing to do in this comunity becaise i can't make a server. my username is going to change i will make a new acount called stormchaser3000

ndjdjksisksk

by ndjdjksisksk » Post

i think i was banned by the server for logging on in the mmddle of a restart and i can not get on

ingame name is stormchaser2000
Last edited by ndjdjksisksk on Sun Sep 29, 2013 04:46, edited 1 time in total.
nvm about me leaving minetest but i probably will for a while because i have nothing to do in this comunity becaise i can't make a server. my username is going to change i will make a new acount called stormchaser3000

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Nope, you weren't banned. I had a minor problem with the server that caused it to stay down for a couple of minutes after that last restart. It's already solved. Sorry about that. :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

ndjdjksisksk

by ndjdjksisksk » Post

i got banned for accidentaly digging into nores workshop

nvm i though i was (whew)
Last edited by ndjdjksisksk on Sun Sep 29, 2013 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

This server doesn't use the landrush mod - it uses the areas mod, which in turn is based on node_ownership. All you get here if you dig in protected areas is a message. So no need to be afraid of picking flowers or digging :-)
Most of us do care a lot about nice scenery, so firing TNT on the ground or cutting down trees without replanting them/leaving a tree wreck might at least be frowned upon.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

Sokomine wrote:This server doesn't use the landrush mod - it uses the areas mod, which in turn is based on node_ownership. All you get here if you dig in protected areas is a message. So no need to be afraid of picking flowers or digging :-)
Most of us do care a lot about nice scenery, so firing TNT on the ground or cutting down trees without replanting them/leaving a tree wreck might at least be frowned upon.
Heh, very true.. Once accidentally burned down a sequoia forest in my server.... not pretty. Chunks of leaves and flowing water all over the place.
Any tips on blender, gimp, or codea?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: The IRC channel for my servers has been changed to irc.inchra.net #minetest
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

So now it isn't free node?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Correct. Go to irc.inchra.net #minetest instead.

This allows my servers to be networked with at least a couple of others.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Technic's item_drop and stu's wield3d model have been removed from the server, as they were both causing crashes.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Could you add item pick up?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

It was causing the crashes
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

There are/were four sources of crashes: technic's item drop (removed), wield3d (removed), some oddity in the vector math functions (reported), and camo modpack's player radar (reported).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've updated and re-added Stu's wield3d model. Hopefully no more crashes.

ndjdjksisksk

by ndjdjksisksk » Post

here is an update

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Skin updated.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Added DanDuncombe's animated furnaces and mushrooms mods (except the giant mushrooms are disabled).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Added ShadowNinja's bedrock mod (generates down at -30912 where it belongs).

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Added ShadowNinja's bedrock mod (generates down at -30912 where it belongs).
why not set bedrock to be from 100 to -100
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Because bedrock is traditionally the "bottom" of the world in these sorts of games. In real life, of course, it goes from about 10 meters below the surface, or more (depending on the terrain), all the way down to the magma layer.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Because bedrock is traditionally the "bottom" of the world in these sorts of games. In real life, of course, it goes from about 10 meters below the surface, or more (depending on the terrain), all the way down to the magma layer.
I was joking. 100-(-100) would make your server unplayable
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging