[Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

u34

by u34 » Post

sfan5 wrote:Irrlicht has a built-in file chooser, there is no need to redo that in lua.
All we need is a file chooser interface for Lua
lets find that out...
that will be a great step for minetest-developers...
;)

DragonSoul

by DragonSoul » Post

I think there is a problem with the hollow cylinder of the 1.0 version, it does show how many nodes are generated but they don't appear. I have tried it multiple times with the latest minetest version but the nodes doesn't appear, all others are fine except for this.
Last edited by DragonSoul on Thu Oct 24, 2013 13:31, edited 1 time in total.

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

DragonSoul: Working perfectly fine here. I can't confirm this issue. If you can reproduce it under certain circumstances let us know.

LazyJ: Good idea, though punch strength can't really be reduced dynamically. I'll try to see if it's possible to do this by changing interact privs.

cHyper: a GUI is planned, yes, but I have no time right now to do it. Unfortunately addi's may not be entirely compatible (I know for sure that it's missing a few functions of 1.0), but it should be a good starting point.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

kwalters-price

by kwalters-price » Post

i should say
dannydark wrote:Whoa nice, although the first screenshot is just madness haha.

I will give this a try later ^_^

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

UPDATE: The power-punch problem has been fixed by a github release of the minetest_game within the past week. The power-punch is still there with a slightly longer click while a light tap is back with a shorter click. Minetest keeps getting better! \0/
Last edited by LazyJ on Sun Nov 10, 2013 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

Tx_RushFan

by Tx_RushFan » Post

I can't get this mod to work. I copied the Uberi-Minetest-WorldEdit-3fa9dfd folder into my Minetest's mods folder. In game I've tried the following:

1. type in /grant worldedit and am told Server -|- Invalid parameters (see /help grant)
2. type in /grant username worldedit and am told Server -|- Unknown privilage:worldedit

Nightshade

by Nightshade » Post

Tx_RushFan wrote:I can't get this mod to work. I copied the Uberi-Minetest-WorldEdit-3fa9dfd folder into my Minetest's mods folder. In game I've tried the following:

1. type in /grant worldedit and am told Server -|- Invalid parameters (see /help grant)
2. type in /grant username worldedit and am told Server -|- Unknown privilage:worldedit
First of all, make sure you rename the folder to "worldedit" (without the quotes, of course). Then, when you highlight your world in the singleplayer menu, click configure and enable the whole worldedit mod.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Hlowdy :)

I'm having a bit of trouble with the GUI crashing my Mintest client when I click on the "World Edit" icon.

Code: Select all

01:25:29: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...in/../mods/utility_mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_gui/init.lua:75: attempt to call method 'get_player_by_name' (a nil value)
01:25:29: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
01:25:29: ERROR[main]:     ...in/../mods/utility_mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_gui/init.lua:75: in function 'get_formspec'
01:25:29: ERROR[main]:     .../bin/../mods/utility_mods/unified_inventory/internal.lua:17: in function 'get_formspec'
01:25:29: ERROR[main]:     .../bin/../mods/utility_mods/unified_inventory/internal.lua:85: in function 'set_inventory_formspec'
01:25:29: ERROR[main]:     ...f/048/bin/../mods/utility_mods/unified_inventory/api.lua:93: in function 'action'
01:25:29: ERROR[main]:     ...bin/../mods/utility_mods/unified_inventory/callbacks.lua:59: in function <...bin/../mods/utility_mods/unified_inventory/callbacks.lua:51>
01:25:29: ERROR[main]:     ...Minetest_game_stuff/048/bin/../builtin/misc_register.lua:330: in function <...Minetest_game_stuff/048/bin/../builtin/misc_register.lua:318>
I'm using:
  • Singleplayer, creative mode with Unified Inventory's "creative" priv
  • Minetest 0.4.8 unstable, Github 2013_12_21
  • World Edit, Github 2013_12_20
  • Unified Inventory, Github 2013_12_21
Thanks for a great mod!
Last edited by LazyJ on Sun Dec 22, 2013 09:37, edited 1 time in total.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

LazyJ wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble with the GUI crashing my Mintest client when I click on the "World Edit" icon.
https://github.com/Uberi/Minetest-WorldEdit/pull/26
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

kizeren

by kizeren » Post

kaeza wrote:
LazyJ wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble with the GUI crashing my Mintest client when I click on the "World Edit" icon.
https://github.com/Uberi/Minetest-WorldEdit/pull/26
Hope he pulls soon... this bug annoying.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Thanks, kaeza, for the fix :)

It was small enough that I decided to edit the code myself. Now the WE icon in Unified Inventory doesn't crash Minetest but... there is still a glitch to work out.

The GUI screen comes up but the Unified Inventory's item grid still displays and covers up the buttons on the right-hand side of the GUI.

The work-around I came up with was to type some random letters/numbers in Unified Inventory's search bar, click on the search icon, UI comes up with nothing (removing the item grid) then click on the WE icon and WE's GUI comes up unobstructed.

The comand-line use of WE is still faster (once mastered) but the GUI can help new users of the mod to better learn WE. The GUI gives a graphic representation of what the command-line does. Some of us learn better by having visual references. ;) "A picture is worth a thousand words" sort of thing.
Last edited by LazyJ on Sun Dec 22, 2013 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Thanks for the patch kaeza, I've merged it. For some reason I missed it entirely while going through the GitHub feed.

Edit: LazyJ, I will investigate that. Does this happen when you just click the button, or are there additional steps involved?

Edit: confirmed, will be fixed soon before v1.1.

Edit: fixed in https://github.com/Uberi/Minetest-World ... 6a46f71925
Last edited by Temperest on Sun Dec 22, 2013 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

if i use the worldedit gui ill stay at it. there is no way to go to the craft grid again. only logout/login helps
the click on the back button opens only the last visited page in worldedit_gui

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

addi wrote:if i use the worldedit gui ill stay at it. there is no way to go to the craft grid again. only logout/login helps
Press the escape key.

addi

by addi » Post

Jordach wrote:
addi wrote:if i use the worldedit gui ill stay at it. there is no way to go to the craft grid again. only logout/login helps
Press the escape key.
when i press "i" it opens it again but it does not open the inventory and the craft grid it opens the worldedit_gui

addi

by addi » Post

here is a video that describes the bug
holding the i key does not help
Attachments

[The extension webm has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Zombie471
In-game: Zombie471

by Zombie471 » Post

I'm trying to import the Schematic from Minecraft to Minetest in viewtopic.php?id=6007 but, //import doesn't exist. Not even in the command list on here..

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Zombie471 wrote:I'm trying to import the Schematic from Minecraft to Minetest in viewtopic.php?id=6007 but, //import doesn't exist. Not even in the command list on here..
My fault, use //load
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Zombie471
In-game: Zombie471

by Zombie471 » Post

sfan5 wrote:
Zombie471 wrote:I'm trying to import the Schematic from Minecraft to Minetest in viewtopic.php?id=6007 but, //import doesn't exist. Not even in the command list on here..
My fault, use //load
I did //load *Schematic Name* and it says

11:48:41: ERROR[ServerThread]: Map::setnote(): not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "default:stone" at (157,21,3) (block]

Only parts of the Schematic load.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Zombie471 wrote:
sfan5 wrote:
My fault, use //load
I did //load *Schematic Name* and it says

11:48:41: ERROR[ServerThread]: Map::setnote(): not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "default:stone" at (157,21,3) (block]

Only parts of the Schematic load.
Make sure enough parts of the map are loaded by flying around first.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Please ensure you are using WorldEdit 1.0 or later, it should work regardless of whether blocks are loaded. Note that this requires Minetest 0.4.8 or later.

Also, if you're already using the latest version, please post the schematic here, and I'll take a look!
WorldEdit 1.0 released

Slider-Override

by Slider-Override » Post

Hi All, is there a way to remove Blocks ?

my plan is to clear a big area.

is see no way, only move it down :-(

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Slider-Override wrote:Hi All, is there a way to remove Blocks ?

my plan is to clear a big area.

is see no way, only move it down :-(
//set air

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

How can I reliably remove bright or dark areas left by WorldEdit commands? "//fixlight" never seems to fix anything for me, even if it claims updated nodes.

Putting a big hovering dirt block over the whole area, then replacing it with air eliminates shadows sometimes, but not always. I would like to know a solution that works all the time.

[img=Shadow example]http://home.arcor.de/mdoege/minetest/worldedit_shadow.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Morn76 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

When I need to clear an area with WorldEdit, I set it to default:water_flowing instead of air, which lets the light update naturally. I don't know if this could fix your problem, but it will probably prevent it in the future.