so jeijas mesecons will allow me to use the pipes
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It should, yes - Pipeworks does not depend on Mesecons, but if found, it does expect Jeija's version, since his fork is in fact the original one and is where most stuff developed for Mesecons is merged to (if those things don't stay in separate repositories). Trying to use someone else's fork of Mesecons is not supported and may lead to unexpected behavior such as you're seeing.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

musicritic42

by musicritic42 » Post

Doesnt work for me. As soon as I hit start it comes up with an error. This happened with a few other mods too

musicritic42

by musicritic42 » Post

hdastwb wrote:
Element wrote:well it says mod: failed to launch and run...um, its hard to say...it says and this is all i can see, "C:\Users\(my name)\desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\pipeworks\init.lua" minus the ("")
You should probably have this mod installed in the top-level mods directory, not under games/minetest_game (the mods folders within the game folders are generally reserved for mods that make up a certain game, which is not true for pipeworks and minetest_game). However, that (probably) won't cause the mod to fail to load…

Do you see any line numbers from any of the lua files in your error output?
This same thing is happening to me but I put it in the main mod folder.

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

Please give the exact error occurring. Try pasting the contents of debug.txt, in the same folder as minetest.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

ElectricSolstice

by ElectricSolstice » Post

I have a question about this mod. In the autoplace.lua file on lines 304 and 306, is it really supposed to be idef.tube.connect_side and idef.connect_sides instead of idef.tube.connect_sides?

To make my machines in voltbuild look like they're connecting, I have to add connect_side=true under the tube properties and also add a connect_sides table seperate from the tube properties.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Small update: Added a vertical "fountainhead" (basically like a spigot, but water flows from the top instead of the bottom).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

falsegrayburger
In-game: naro

by falsegrayburger » Post

Please add the lava pipe!

falsegrayburger

Proposal of a new pipe!
(Distribute evenly from side to side the Items it!) Distribution pipe
(Which, if Items of inventory next is not a full tank, shed Item!) Insert pipe

Proposal of a new block!
(It is, unloading items every number of seconds that you set!) Automatic filter out
The (to carry items to the inventory block that does not support!) Carry filters
↑ Will it be impossible?

Bug? Report!
One-way pipe is not working well perhaps!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

jenova99sephiros wrote:Proposal of a new pipe!
Tubes already do this, by default. At each intersection, items are sent more or less evenly in all possible directions (other than where they came from). This behavior can also be disabled.
I do not understand this,
Proposal of a new block!
(It is, unloading items every number of seconds that you set!) Automatic filter out
Use a mesecons circuit to periodically activate a filter/injector.
The (to carry items to the inventory block that does not support!) Carry filters
I do not understand this.
Bug? Report!
This is Novatux's domain, but can you be more specific?

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

VanessaE wrote:
I reckon it is as tubes already do, that is, if an inventory (chest, etc) is not full, send the item inside.

falsegrayburger

VanessaE wrote:
jenova99sephiros wrote:Proposal of a new pipe!
Tubes already do this, by default. At each intersection, items are sent more or less evenly in all possible directions (other than where they came from). This behavior can also be disabled.
Proposal of a new block!
Use a mesecons circuit to periodically activate a filter/injector.
I do not understand this.
Bug? Report!
This is Novatux's domain, but can you be more specific?
I did not know it ...

Why can not I understand, it is because I did not choose the word that can be translated by Google Translate well ...
I'm sorry ...
On the other hand, or is that, was not the way your pipe?
In addition, the automatic extraction machine, I thought it might be useful if there in order to eliminate the need for installation of circuit

Thank you for reply

falsegrayburger

I'm sorry, I was mistaken
On the other hand a bug-way pipe, it's that it does not lead to the pipe and the other that the processing of the light is failing

There is a request of another new pipe
It's a pipe like a cobble stone pipe and pipe of Buildcraft, not connected to each other
I can make a factory if they have it ...
But I wonder still impossible?

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

i want to report a bug:

the flowing sensor dose not work.

if water is flowing through it while u build the mesecon wire it gets active.
but if you turn of the water the wire will not change to off.

also if you build the wire while there is no water in flowing sensor it doesent get active if now water is in the sensor

reproducable: yes
testet with latest of mesecons and latest of pipeworks with minetest 0.4.7 stable

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Fixed in pipeworks git.

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

VanessaE wrote:Fixed in pipeworks git.
lot of thanks :)

hdastwb
GitHub: hdastwb
IRC: hdastwb
In-game: hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

ElectricSolstice wrote:I have a question about this mod. In the autoplace.lua file on lines 304 and 306, is it really supposed to be idef.tube.connect_side and idef.connect_sides instead of idef.tube.connect_sides?

To make my machines in voltbuild look like they're connecting, I have to add connect_side=true under the tube properties and also add a connect_sides table seperate from the tube properties.
You know, it would be rather nice if people trying to "fix" my cryptic inefficient code would at least track me down and ask me to explain whatever they don't understand about its design from my comments before stumbling through re-implementing it and making it even harder to read…

EDIT: hmm, it looks like even though the edits came through well after I submitted my changes they were developed without any knowledge of my implementation; I hereby apologize to those responsible for my statements above. Perhaps there is some way of reconciling both tube routing methods so that we don't have two different ways of specifying the same thing floating around?
Last edited by hdastwb on Mon Nov 11, 2013 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

placki

by placki » Post

I have idea to add special device for automatic bucket filling.
It should have src and dst inventories and when connected to pipe with water would change empty bucket into water filled one. should be possible to insert empty bucket via tube and remove full bucket with filter, so it would work nice with autocrafter.
Reason: there are some recipes needing water buckets and no way to automate crafting.

Also may it be possible for teleport tube to have filled username and be set in "off" mode by default after placing?
And for mese sorting tube to have extra button that disables all diections with single press? (to speed up setting up when used for rerouting rather than sorting).
Last edited by placki on Sun Nov 17, 2013 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I like the bucket idea - perhaps the water storage tanks should be used for this. Make them connect to both pipes and tubes, as you suggest.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Ok, some ideas:

Restriction Tube (idea from redpower):
  • Is the same size and shape as normal pipes
  • Functions as though it is 5000 nodes long
  • This hopefully means items will go down it only if they have nowehere else to go, therefore can act as a sort of pipe system overflow.
Incinerator or something:
  • A node that all pipes connect to.
  • All items that go in never come out - they get deleted.
  • This would be good as a trash remover when using quarries and things.
Retriever(another redpower idea)
  • Assuming I remember rightly, and assuming Pipeworks does not already have the equivalent:
  • Functions similarly to a mese filter
  • However, it can be put ANYWHERE in a system
  • It must have an item in a slot in the formspec to work. This tells it what to find.
  • If there is any storage unit anywhere on the input side containing that item, it will take 1 every mesecons signal.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Dan Duncombe wrote:Ok, some ideas:

Restriction Tube (idea from redpower):
  • Is the same size and shape as normal pipes
  • Functions as though it is 5000 nodes long
  • This hopefully means items will go down it only if they have nowehere else to go, therefore can act as a sort of pipe system overflow.
Incinerator or something:
  • A node that all pipes connect to.
  • All items that go in never come out - they get deleted.
  • This would be good as a trash remover when using quarries and things.
Retriever(another redpower idea)
  • Assuming I remember rightly, and assuming Pipeworks does not already have the equivalent:
  • Functions similarly to a mese filter
  • However, it can be put ANYWHERE in a system
  • It must have an item in a slot in the formspec to work. This tells it what to find.
  • If there is any storage unit anywhere on the input side containing that item, it will take 1 every mesecons signal.
I actually had the idea for the incinerator, just never did it.
Back from the dead!

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

Dan, the tubes do not work like that for now... the place where an item will go depends only of the tube it is in, and not its surroundings. Therefore, the restriction tube would not do anything. About retrievers, it is quite the same, though there could be special tubes for all of that which could be done. About incinerator tubes, same as Evergreen... I am too lazy. I might do it some day, though.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Nore wrote:Dan, the tubes do not work like that for now... the place where an item will go depends only of the tube it is in, and not its surroundings. Therefore, the restriction tube would not do anything. About retrievers, it is quite the same, though there could be special tubes for all of that which could be done. About incinerator tubes, same as Evergreen... I am too lazy. I might do it some day, though.
I may do it as an addition to my trash can mod.
Back from the dead!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: pipeworks now always defines its default recipes for tubes et al. (instead of checking for technic first). Made regular and conductive tubes more expensive (yields 6 each instead of 12).

Also, finally replaced register_on_punchnode() calls with proper per-node on_punch callbacks, and got rid a bunch of old backward-compat aliases, since they aren't likely to be needed anymore.

i love minetest

by i love minetest » Post

hey guys I am new to minetest so I stumbled along this epic looking mod but it wont work for me can someone please help
if you need any more information please don't hesitate to pm me or email me