loading mods.

cathhart

loading mods.

by cathhart » Post

i have a question,

i have minetest 4.6 and am trying to load the moretrees mod, when i try to run the mod it say dependency not met it asks for something call "plant. lib" can someone tell me how i can get this. thank you for you help

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Minetest 0.4.6 (note the leading zero) is outdated, you may have to update (0.4.7 is the current version).

The plants_lib mod is part of plantlife
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

cathhart

by cathhart » Post

kaeza wrote:Minetest 0.4.6 (note the leading zero) is outdated, you may have to update (0.4.7 is the current version).

The plants_lib mod is part of plantlife

sorry it is 0.4.7 and thank you will look

cathhart

by cathhart » Post

this may be a stupid question but here goes,

is the plantl life - plant lib part of the ( default) game, and if so which folder is it in. or am i just too stupid, to see it.
still having trouble with the moretree mod, keeps saying dependencies not met. ie the plant-lib.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

No, you need to download the plantlife mod. It is not a part of the default game.

You can find it here:

viewtopic.php?id=3898

cathhart

by cathhart » Post

LionsDen wrote:No, you need to download the plantlife mod. It is not a part of the default game.

You can find it here:

viewtopic.php?id=3898
thanks i have downloaded it and installed it but when i got to play it says fail to run, then it says look the problem up in the debug page i go there and it says wont load because of name discrepancies, and i called the mod the exactly the same as it is. with no capitals or anything like that, but it still wont run.

maybe im just too old to learn how to do this. but i still like minetest.
thanks you guys for trying to help a silly old bird ,maybe you should consider putting the plants mod in the default game , for dummies like me, that seem to drive you guys nuts with our questions and non computer, and non gaming , understanding.

by the way my system runs on window 7. thank you for listening to an old bird.
Last edited by cathhart on Tue Nov 05, 2013 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

cathhart wrote:but when i got to play it says fail to run, then it says look the problem up in the debug page i go there and it says wont load because of name discrepancies, and i called the mod the exactly the same as it is. with no capitals or anything like that, but it still wont run.
Plantlife is a modpack, so I wouldn't expect problems with the name.

Two things you can do:

1. Copy/paste the 'ERROR' lines from your debug.txt here so we can take a look.

2. I guess you use 0.4.7 stable. It's a version that's getting old. Try a recent 0.4.7 build from one of the following persons:

Fess: viewtopic.php?id=6745
Blockmen: viewtopic.php?id=6727
sfan5: viewtopic.php?id=1523

leetelate

by leetelate » Post

this is why i make game worlds - just sayin' - but even those will fail with an outdated mt from like yum - i wonder if there is a call to get the version and a way to throw an error messge onto the screen that says the version failed the check
Last edited by leetelate on Tue Nov 05, 2013 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
MT IS MC'S SMARTER BROTHER
minetest 0.4.8 compiled from latest git on linux mint 15 with qjoypad and wired 360 controller
freeminer, pilztest, buildcraft and next are the idea factories
my minetest page is http://1337318.zymichost.com if zymic isn't down - meh, it is free...

cathhart

by cathhart » Post

thanks guys trying one of the downloads you suggested,

cathhart

by cathhart » Post

hi got the moretrees working, now having trouble with farming plus i tried to load it and this is what i got :

13:11:05: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
13:11:05: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Cathy\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\morefarming\init.lua:
13:11:05: ERROR[main]: ...\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\morefarming\init.lua:2: attempt to index global 'farming' (a nil value)
13:11:05: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
13:11:05: ERROR[main]: ...\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\morefarming\init.lua:2: in main chunk
13:11:05: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
13:11:05: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Cathy\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\morefarming\init.lua
13:11:05: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Cathy\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\morefarming\init.lua

can someone help with this please. thank you in advance

leetelate

by leetelate » Post

i think farming plus needs farming (and farming needs wool? if i remember rightly) - check the depends.txt on each mod
MT IS MC'S SMARTER BROTHER
minetest 0.4.8 compiled from latest git on linux mint 15 with qjoypad and wired 360 controller
freeminer, pilztest, buildcraft and next are the idea factories
my minetest page is http://1337318.zymichost.com if zymic isn't down - meh, it is free...

cathhart

by cathhart » Post

leetelate wrote:i think farming plus needs farming (and farming needs wool? if i remember rightly) - check the depends.txt on each mod

yes i know, i have both and both are working, thanks

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

cathhart wrote:having trouble with farming plus

13:11:05: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Cathy\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\morefarming\init.lua

can someone help with this please. thank you in advance
Did you rename the mod farming_plus-master into morefarming?

Rename it into farming_plus and try again.

cathhart

by cathhart » Post

GUIConfigureWorld: Not allowing focus change.
[Plantlife Library] Loaded
[Moretrees] Loaded (2013-02-11)
[Mod] Fishing - Mossmanikin's version [0.2.2] [fishing] Loaded...
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Cathy\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\farming_plus\init.lua:
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: ...Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\farming_plus\init.lua:2: attempt to index global 'farming' (a nil value)
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: ...Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\farming_plus\init.lua:2: in main chunk
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========

this is what i get when i tried to run farming_plus mod. thanks Topywo i did rename it and you can see the results.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

cathhart wrote:
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: ...Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\farming_plus\init.lua:2: attempt to index global 'farming' (a nil value)

this is what i get when i tried to run farming_plus mod. thanks Topywo i did rename it and you can see the results.
Thanks for the feedback.

I took some time to find out why it isn't working. To make a long story short. The farming_plus has been modified to function with the latest minetest_game (16 hours ago). It doesn't work with your or my latest. You can wait till one of the Windows-builders makes a new build and/or you can download a slightly older version of farming_plus that does work:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/654 ... g_plus.zip

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

cathhart wrote:GUIConfigureWorld: Not allowing focus change.
[Plantlife Library] Loaded
[Moretrees] Loaded (2013-02-11)
[Mod] Fishing - Mossmanikin's version [0.2.2] [fishing] Loaded...
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Cathy\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\farming_plus\init.lua:
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: ...Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\farming_plus\init.lua:2: in main chunk
21:11:40: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========

Here is the download link that works with Minetest 0.4.7 stable: https://github.com/PilzAdam/farming_plu ... 72c9e3.zip

cathhart

by cathhart » Post

thank you all for you help, will load when i get a chance later today, you guys rock, from a very happy old bird,