HDX Textures (64 - 512 px) [git rolling release]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You're welcome to use them but bear in mind the license HDX uses (GFDL because of the original images' licenses).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

VanessaE wrote:You're welcome to use them but bear in mind the license HDX uses (GFDL because of the original images' licenses).
I'm not gonna use them cause I like the 64 and up PX and that is too big.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Added basic support for Mossmanikin's ferns mod and experimental support for his/Neuromancer's/Evergreen's Undergrowth modpack. Also removed water and lava normalmap (fixes the issue with water being opaque when it shouldn't be).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

VanessaE wrote:Update: Added basic support for Mossmanikin's ferns mod and experimental support for his/Neuromancer's Undergrowth modpack. Also removed water and lava normalmap (fixes the issue with water being opaque when it shouldn't be).
Give me some credit too, it's also my modpack. :P
Back from the dead!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Fine, fixed :-)

Also, another update: Added support for gardening and bees mods.

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

Somethings wrong with the flowers. They seem too big. Many small flowers look prettier than a few big ones. 64x.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

They're supposed to be somewhat big actually, sort of an homage to the original flowers mod, which has fairly tall/big flowers also. I may change this at some point, but for now I kinda like it this way - it adds character. ;-)

JackGruff

by JackGruff » Post

Hi.

After cloning a repo and changing into the directory, should I run "git fetch" or "git pull" to update?

-Jack

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

git pull

That's the best method.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: added support for DanDuncombe's currency mod and PilzAdam's/Dan's TNT mod.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: I've moved the 512px repository off of Github and over to my own web space, as it now exceeds Github's quota. See the first post.

JackGruff

by JackGruff » Post

Jordach wrote:git pull

That's the best method.
Thanks.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Added support for ShadowNinja's bedrock mod and DanDuncombe's mushroom mod.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Added support for DanDuncombe's ilights mod.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Added support for DanDuncombe's castles mod.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: major: normalmap support has been discontinued until the damn normalmapping code gets stabilized and fixed. Minor: pipeworks chest and furnace textures added.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Since the 512px repository is so much smaller without normalmaps, it has been moved back to github. See first post. Was 1.1GB, now it's only about 344 MB.

Don't worry folks, I'm not giving up on normalmapping, it's "just" that all existing normalmaps need a complete rework from the ground up, and besides the engine's existing code is buggy.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

VanessaE wrote:Update: Since the 512px repository is so much smaller without normalmaps, it has been moved back to github. See first post. Was 1.1GB, now it's only about 344 MB.

Don't worry folks, I'm not giving up on normalmapping, it's "just" that all existing normalmaps need a complete rework from the ground up, and besides the engine's existing code is buggy.
I think the song in the YouTube video below gives a feel of what some of the developers' lives are like right now. For example, RealBadAngel is very busy with work lately, so be very patient when it comes to the new shaders.
http://youtu.be/A2qPY1E8rIA

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Oh, there's no rush. I'm just not able to maintain that much media without a stable way to ensure it displays as intended, so I've simply removed the normalmaps for now. They'll be back, but as a separate repository so that folks whose hardware cannot cope with shaders won't have to download as much data.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

RealBadAngel's shaders are up for testing. If you want your texture pack to support them, look below:
viewtopic.php?pid=116246#p116246

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Added support for Dan Duncombe's mt_nostalgia game. Side effect: This inspired me to add support for Minetest 0.3.x back in, since mt_nostalgia uses mostly the same texture filenames.

And I *still* have yet to support the player images or any mobs other than the default rat from the above. :D

u34

by u34 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Update: Added support for Dan Duncombe's mt_nostalgia game. Side effect: This inspired me to add support for Minetest 0.3.x back in, since mt_nostalgia uses mostly the same texture filenames.

And I *still* have yet to support the player images or any mobs other than the default rat from the above. :D
awesome texture pack
nice to see that version 0.3.x is supported...

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

cHyper wrote:awesome texture pack
Yes, it's a pretty good work :)
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Added support for darkrose's Minetest Classic fork, release 1310, except doors, torches, signs.

HDX is distributed as an all-in-one release that covers all four games, so for Minetest Classic users, those objects will look wrong. Just delete the HDX versions and replace them with the default imagery from Minetest Classic for now. Support for those objects will follow soon, hopefully. :-)

EDIT: I've since updated this to release 1311 and added the doors. Torches and signs have not been done yet.
Last edited by VanessaE on Thu Nov 14, 2013 07:45, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Started adding some imagery for Dan Duncombe's fork of Realtest Game. Just some stone objects, macadam, stone tools, and some of the trees and their related objects.