[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Will Dojinn wrote:
Recommends: buckets, vessels, wool (any version)
This mod looks absolutely great. The problem is... I can't seem to find either Buckets or Vessels yet they get referenced /EVERYWHERE/.

Could someone help a noob out?

Mods like this one as well as others I've seen really do spruce the place up a bit.
These mods are already in the default game. ;)

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Will Dojinn wrote:
Recommends: buckets, vessels, wool (any version)
This mod looks absolutely great. The problem is... I can't seem to find either Buckets or Vessels yet they get referenced /EVERYWHERE/.

Could someone help a noob out?

Mods like this one as well as others I've seen really do spruce the place up a bit.
Buckets, Vessels and wool are all in the default game. You shouldn't need to get them from anywhere else.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Indeed, those three come with minetest_game, but the recommendation is there because some server admins may see fit to *remove* those mods from their installs if there isn't a compelling reason to keep them. What better reason to keep them than for homedecor's use? ;-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

ZingerWing

by ZingerWing » Post

I can't make a microwave the crafting does not work

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

ZingerWing wrote:I can't make a microwave the crafting does not work
This is weird; the recipes worked a while ago.
Nevertheless, I just fixed them and should work now. Please download the mod again, and thanks for reporting.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Johnny Tarl

by Johnny Tarl » Post

Hi! I love your mods. I was wondering if you could make a mod just like Not Enough Items (It's a Minecraft mod) Anyways, I would love it if you could do it for 0.4.4.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've never played Minecraft and so I don't know anything about that mod. That aside, I don't write mods for old versions of Minetest - I always target the current stable release (or git, if something needs it). The current release is 0.4.7 and 0.4.8 is just around the corner.

You should update, 0.4.4 is very old.

A cursory search about that mod tells me it's not something I care to attempt, as most of its functionality seems to be covered by other Minetest mods.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: homedecor's lighting now uses Minetest's 6d facedir prediction code. As such, this mod requires Minetest from git, commit 1d856b73 or later.

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Post

Oh, so that's why placing lights crashes my game. Is there still a 0.4.7 stable compatible version available?

EDIT: Nevermind, I commented out the 6d stuff and now the lights work.
Last edited by Silent-Hunter on Fri Nov 08, 2013 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

yeah, sorry about that. Just update your copy of minetest :-) Or you can reset homedecor to git commit dfd45b2c10183885805889d201446d1f6e0715be .

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Post

I generally prefer to use the versions of stuuf from the Gentoo repo. I don't know how to reset it to that. But it's OK, I got it to work.

Taki_Klein

by Taki_Klein » Post

not work...

21:02:23: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
21:02:23: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
21:02:23: ERROR[main]: C:\Minetest\bin\..\mods\homedecore\init.lua:
21:02:23: ERROR[main]: C:\Minetest\bin\..\mods\homedecore\init.lua:65: attempt to concatenate field 'modpath' (a nil value)
21:02:23: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
21:02:23: ERROR[main]: C:\Minetest\bin\..\mods\homedecore\init.lua:65: in main chunk
21:02:23: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
21:02:24: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Minetest\bin\..\mods\homedecore\init.lua
21:02:24: INFO[main]: BanManager: saving to C:\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\Nya\ipban.txt
21:02:24: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Minetest\bin\..\mods\homedecore\init.lua

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Taki_Klein wrote:C:\Minetest\bin\..\mods\homedecore
It must be named "homedecor" not "homedecore".
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

We are having some trouble with griefers placing glowlights all over the place. The logs and debug.txt don't record the placement of these making it harder to find the culprits. Can this be changed so the lights (and anything else with the same issue) are recorded in the logs?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

We already discussed this in IRC, but for the benefit of readers here:

Homedecor uses the rotate_and_place() function in Minetest's builtin Lua code, which doesn't log the events. In future, using /rollback_check instead of searching the debug log will reveal the culprit.

Meanwhile, I guess we'll see what's best done about logging those place events. :)

cyiancefiction

by cyiancefiction » Post

Hey i'm useing the recent os mint and can't figure how to install this mod, can anyone help me, i'm not good at this and it's confuseing me
Last edited by cyiancefiction on Tue Dec 17, 2013 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

cyiancefiction wrote:Hey i'm useing the recent os mint and can't figure how to install this mod, can anyone help me, i'm not good at this and it's confuseing me
VanessaE wrote: Install: Unzip the distribution archive, rename the resultant VanessaE-homedecor-blahblah folder to just "homedecor", and move it into Minetest's mods directory.
The quote above is from the first post in this mod's topic. Did you do what it says?

cyiancefiction

by cyiancefiction » Post

Inocudom wrote:
cyiancefiction wrote:Hey i'm useing the recent os mint and can't figure how to install this mod, can anyone help me, i'm not good at this and it's confuseing me
VanessaE wrote: Install: Unzip the distribution archive, rename the resultant VanessaE-homedecor-blahblah folder to just "homedecor", and move it into Minetest's mods directory.
The quote above is from the first post in this mod's topic. Did you do what it says?

How do i unzip it?

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

cyiancefiction wrote:
Inocudom wrote:

How do i unzip it?
I use a program known as PeaZip.
Last edited by Inocudom on Tue Dec 17, 2013 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Svince02
In-game: Svince02

by Svince02 » Post

It seems so cool and all... but i can't seem to get it working properly it always gives me errors when i try to load it.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I need to see the exact text of the errors from your debug log or maybe just the console that opens when you run the game. Saying "it just gives me an error" is not helpful, sorry.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Just a note: Discovered a weird bug in the mod where a door might have param2 (facedir) = nil. It was causing a crash, which I believe I've fixed. If the condition occurs now, it might cause a door to get reset to an unexpected orientation. If that happens, dig and re-place the door.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Any chance of adding trapdoors to this mod since you already have a nice selection of fancy doors ?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Adding them wouldn't be hard (they'd just be a minor variation of the gates code), but I dunno, trapdoors don't really fit well in a homedecor scheme I don't think. Other opinions?

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

VanessaE wrote:Adding them wouldn't be hard (they'd just be a minor variation of the gates code), but I dunno, trapdoors don't really fit well in a homedecor scheme I don't think. Other opinions?
Adding trapdoors would be a good idea (having gates face left and right like doors can would be nice too.)