[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Dragon95

by Dragon95 » Post

I have a question is anywere a to-do list for this fantastic mod when no then is this a feature request :)

jeffrash

by jeffrash » Post

So, Landrush just updated technics and now my HV to MV convertors are not working anymore. What can I do?

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

jeffrash,
please check our server topic. trukoil and several other members mentioned that the conversion works, but:
a) Is not shown with any values within the switching station
b) MV battery boxes are not charging and not charging contents in it
So if you just want to use for example the workshop or furnaces, then go ahead.
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

derpswa99

by derpswa99 » Post

Technic LITE anyone? Simplified? Keeping only the essentials? Anyone..... hello?

Pitriss
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Post

I just want to leave message for that one who messed up whole technic so badly. That reworked version is one big product of brain damage.. Changing half of recipes in way that whole technic can be setted up in half of day? Where is some challenge?

And completely different reactor, when alot of players have build older version of reactor, is pure madness.. Nowhere was notice for server admins to not update.. Someone went really crazy.

This new technic breaks whole gameplay on landrush server, and I believe landrush is not only server which is damaged by new, screwed up technic.

Sorry guys but this is really one big mistake.. You should revert that to old code and start from scratch.. This version fixed some bugs and breaks whole servers gameplay.. how i can call that? I have no other words than brain damage..
Last edited by Pitriss on Mon Oct 07, 2013 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (A. Savage, Mythbusters)
I'm not modding and/or playing minetest anymore. All my mods were released under WTFPL. You can fix/modify them yourself. Don't ask me for support. Thanks.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Pitriss wrote:I just want to leave message for that one who messed up whole technic so badly. That reworked version is one big product of brain damage.. Changing half of recipes in way that whole technic can be setted up in half of day? Where is some challenge?

And completely different reactor, when alot of players have build older version of reactor, is pure madness.. Nowhere was notice for server admins to not update.. Someone went really crazy.

This new technic breaks whole gameplay on landrush server, and I believe landrush is not only server which is damaged by new, screwed up technic.

Sorry guys but this is really one big mistake.. You should revert that to old code and start from scratch.. This version fixed some bugs and breaks whole servers gameplay.. how i can call that? I have no other words than brain damage..
Thats cause technic changes was mainly discussed on VanessaE's server. I think
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

derpswa99 wrote:Technic LITE anyone? Simplified? Keeping only the essentials? Anyone..... hello?
Seems like a good idea. IMO technic is very bloated...

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

derpswa99 wrote:Technic LITE anyone? Simplified? Keeping only the essentials? Anyone..... hello?
Been asking for this for months, something that doesn't depend on half a dozen mega-mods.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Well, there is ICTools and Voltbuild. ICTools doesn't have a furnace or many other things and voltbuilds furnace is extremely slow even with overclockers.

Jktu

by Jktu » Post

I have a problem with technic mod. If I try to start a game with enabled concrete and extranodes (included in this mod) the application will crush with error:
"..\..\src\minetest\src\nodedef.cpp:500: CNodeDefManager::set: Assertion 'c <= 0xfff' failed."

deivan

by deivan » Post

The conversion from LV to MV don't is working to me... I make the conversion, I see the conversion but the MV network don't is working, I put a switch but don't is working... Need another piece?
Last edited by deivan on Tue Nov 05, 2013 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowNinja
Developer
GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Post

Jktu wrote:"..\..\src\minetest\src\nodedef.cpp:500: CNodeDefManager::set: Assertion 'c <= 0xfff' failed."
Until recently Minetest only allowed mods to define up to 4095 different nodes. In recent git versions this has been raised to 32767. Either use a recent unofficial build or disable a few mods that are pushing you over the limit.
deival wrote:The conversion from LV to MV don't isn't working for me...
What version of technic are you using? The supply converter is broken in stable, and in master it doesn't charge batteries, but does power machines.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Shadow wrote:
Jktu wrote:"..\..\src\minetest\src\nodedef.cpp:500: CNodeDefManager::set: Assertion 'c <= 0xfff' failed."
Until recently Minetest only allowed mods to define up to 4095 different nodes. In recent git versions this has been raised to 32767. Either use a recent unofficial build or disable a few mods that are pushing you over the limit.
deival wrote:The conversion from LV to MV don't isn't working for me...
What version of technic are you using? The supply converter is broken in stable, and in master it doesn't charge batteries, but does power machines.
I recommend getting the latest dev build from either sfan5, Fess, or BlockMen.

deivan

by deivan » Post

I have the git version... Anyway, don't is working with MV.

Jktu

by Jktu » Post

Shadow wrote:
Problem is solved. Thanks.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

deivan, here a little suggestion for your problem. Replace the files supply_converter.lua and switching_station.lua in your mod folder with these two:
Supply Converter
Switching Station
It fixed the problem for me. Though im not sure which changes have been made since, so make a backup of your world first. And dig/place the converters / switching stations once after you replaced these files. If its not working, let me know

Edit:
Also note that this was made for the master branch. I never touched the stable one but since shadow mentioned its totally broken there, its anyway recommendend to use master. Better check which one you have before replacing the files.
Last edited by fairiestoy on Fri Nov 08, 2013 03:36, edited 1 time in total.

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Post

Is it possible to make it so that the unified inventory thing doesn't automatically make the search box active? Otherwise I can't close it by pressing the inventory button, as that just types in the search box. I edited the code to remove the search box, but then I can't search. I don't see any code for making it active automatically, it just does it.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

Silent, what you are describing is default GUI focus and can not be disabled by the Lua API. Though you can close your inventory by just pressing ESC without the need of pressing I ( or whatever setting you are using ).

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Post

Ah, OK. Would it be impossible for the API to be changed to allow it, or is it a deficiency in Lua itself? I'll just leave the search function commented out then.

ShadowNinja
Developer

by ShadowNinja » Post

Silent-Hunter wrote:Ah, OK. Would it be impossible for the API to be changed to allow it, or is it a deficiency in Lua itself?
That could be done, but I probably wouldn't do that as it means you have to manually select the search field when opening the inventory. ESC is just as easy to use as 'i' once you start using it.

Doriphore

by Doriphore » Post

I've got a strange (but nice) bug with this mode.

I built a MV alloy furnace.
When i use it, only the upper input material slot decreases. The lower one stay still.
It's like having an infinite amount of ores...

It's somehow nice, but i doubt this is normal...

ninjaxx

by ninjaxx » Post

???
i cant use the master branch
it sais mod eror:faild to load and run

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

ninjaxx wrote:???
i cant use the master branch
it sais mod eror:faild to load and run
*sigh* mod error:failed to load and run isn't enough to go by. Please paste the laste 15 lines of your debug.txt
Back from the dead!

ShadowNinja
Developer

by ShadowNinja » Post

ninjaxx wrote:I can't use the master branch.
It says "Mod error: failed to load and run."
Are you using Minetest 0.4.7-stable? The topic clearly states that you need a recent git build.
If you are using a recent git build then I will need all of the error lines in order to help you.

samotnik

by samotnik » Post

Very interesting mod.
Have installed it yesterday, and found a bug — you should use 'group:wood' instead of 'default:wood' to be able to use any type of wood.

BTW, can anybody write a tutorial, how to connect all electrical appliance in a circuit? I've made a water mill, LV battery box and a grinder, but when I connect this grinder or battery box to a water mill with LV cable through a bottom socket, it remains unpowered, though water mill has "production 100%"