[Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.4.0]

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

The topic isn't dead, Bulldog1. Most of the day-to-day conversation has moved to IRC. ;)

From the top of the very first post:
IRC: irc.inchra.net, channel #minetest
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.inchra.n … #InchraNet
Vanessa still regulary updates the server and keeps things running smoothly.
Last edited by LazyJ on Sun Nov 24, 2013 09:51, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That and I guess until this morning, a lot of people refused to update to a git development build and so they couldn't use my servers. As of this morning's 0.4.8 release, that should be no issue, at least for a while (unless and until I find another reason to update that breaks client compatibility ;) ).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update:

Please use digitalaudioconcepts.com port 30000 to connect to this server (or use the public server list). Since I have my own domain and everything's on a proper VPS, I can phase-out the dynamic DNS service I'd been using.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

bulldog1
IRC: bulldog1
In-game: bulldog1

by bulldog1 » Post

is everything still the same or did it change? Also i need the latest minetest version that the server will play on.
Join one of the largest companies in Minetest! Send your resume or tell us of your interest at hr@bulldogindustriescenter.com and visit our website http://www.bulldogindustriescenter.com

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Everything is otherwise the same, only the address has changed. At the moment, I'm using 0.4.8 on the server, but you should be able to connect with any git build newer than roughly November 8 or so if you want.

bulldog1
IRC: bulldog1
In-game: bulldog1

by bulldog1 » Post

if you don't mind, i need a new link to a safe, downloadable minetest because my sister deleted it and i don't know any link to get a new one.
Join one of the largest companies in Minetest! Send your resume or tell us of your interest at hr@bulldogindustriescenter.com and visit our website http://www.bulldogindustriescenter.com

HardcoreFox

by HardcoreFox » Post

VanessaE wrote:(the whole first post)
Pass to this server for v0.4.8
Tell me the password to YOUR server (EXCEPT FOR INOCUOMD)!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Bulldog, Hardcore: You can use the 0.4.8-release build from the minetest.net website. I just checked myself by building the stable release from sources and connecting to this server without issue.

Still, if that doesn't work, try a dev build. There are download links to various Minetesters' builds in the first post under "Extra Downloads".

HardcoreFox

by HardcoreFox » Post

VanessaE wrote:Bulldog, Hardcore: You can use the 0.4.8-release build from the minetest.net website. I just checked myself by building the stable release from sources and connecting to this server without issue.

Still, if that doesn't work, try a dev build. There are download links to various Minetesters' builds in the first post under "Extra Downloads".
No i meant what is the pass to your server cause now it's saying: This does not allow empty passwords.

shaheerziya

by shaheerziya » Post

Dear Vanesa can i have this skin my name is shaheer on the server
http://www.google.com.pk/imgres?sa=X&bi ... 453&ty=192

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Skin installed (why does everyone like these herobrine-based skins so much?).

HardcoreFox

by HardcoreFox » Post

HardcoreFox wrote:
VanessaE wrote:Bulldog, Hardcore: You can use the 0.4.8-release build from the minetest.net website. I just checked myself by building the stable release from sources and connecting to this server without issue.

No i meant what is the pass to your server cause now it's saying: This does not allow empty passwords.
Na, Início mealheiro todos password to todos server

thaïlandaise

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

HardcoreFox wrote:
HardcoreFox wrote:

thaïlandaise
Make up a name and a password for yourself before logging onto this server, HardcoreFox.

HardcoreFox

by HardcoreFox » Post

Inocudom wrote:
HardcoreFox wrote:
HardcoreFox wrote:No i meant what is the pass to your server cause now it's saying: This does not allow empty passwords.

thaïlandaise
Make up a name and a password for yourself before logging onto this server, HardcoreFox.
SHUT UP AND I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU! I MEAN THE PASSWORD TO THE SERVER NOT TO MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

HardcoreFox wrote:
Inocudom wrote:
HardcoreFox wrote:Na, Início mealheiro todos password to todos server

thaïlandaise
SHUT UP AND I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU! I MEAN THE PASSWORD TO THE SERVER NOT TO MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!
Servers do not have passwords. You must come up with one for your account.

On a side note, have a better attitude while in the Minetest community. It is already on shaky ground enough as it is, so we don't need you to do further damage to it.

HardcoreFox

by HardcoreFox » Post

Inocudom wrote:
HardcoreFox wrote:
Inocudom wrote:

On a side note, have a better attitude while in the Minetest community. It is already on shaky ground enough as it is, so we don't need you to do further damage to it.
This one does now and it did not in the previous version

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

No, Minetest most certainly does NOT have a "master" password nor do individual servers.

If you tried to sign on to some server and it demands a password or it tells you that you've given it the wrong one, it's because someone else has already taken the name that you tried to sign on with.

If you'll look on ShadowNinja's server thread, you'll notice that the user here on the forums known as "hampa16" uses the name "HardcoreFox" on Shadow's server. He may very well be using it on mine as well, and elsewhere.

If you want to use that name as your identity on Minetest servers, you will have to work it out with hampa16 to take over that name. Either that, or you will need to choose a new name.

HardcoreFox

by HardcoreFox » Post

VanessaE wrote:No, Minetest most certainly does NOT have a "master" password nor do individual servers.

If you tried to sign on to some server and it demands a password or it tells you that you've given it the wrong one, it's because someone else has already taken the name that you tried to sign on with.

If you'll look on ShadowNinja's server thread, you'll notice that the user here on the forums known as "hampa16" uses the name "HardcoreFox" on Shadow's server. He may very well be using it on mine as well, and elsewhere.

If you want to use that name as your identity on Minetest servers, you will have to work it out with hampa16 to take over that name. Either that, or you will need to choose a new name.

thaïlandaise

HardcoreFox

by HardcoreFox » Post

Inocudom wrote:
HardcoreFox wrote:
Inocudom wrote:

I am talking to Vanessa E. Not you.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

And if you expect me to understand you, it would be beneficial to stick to English. :P

Ye olde Google Translate renders
"Na, Início mealheiro todos password to todos server"
as...
"In, Home piggy bank every password to every server"

Um, wut?

hampa16

by hampa16 » Post

VanessaE wrote:And if you expect me to understand you, it would be beneficial to stick to English. :P

Ye olde Google Translate renders
"Na, Início mealheiro todos password to todos server"
as...
<--Ignore these spanish words
"In, Home piggy bank every password to every server"

Um, wut?
Can I have interact privilages please?
Spoiler
And change my skin to this:

I'm hampa16.
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted and skin installed, it'll become available at the next server restart later this evening (11am UTC unless it crashes before that point :P ).

rommiekerova
In-game: Andromeda

by rommiekerova » Post

Please may I have interact?
IGN: AndromedaKerova
My Mods: Kerova - viewtopic.php?id=8054
My Server: Kalisae - viewtopic.php?id=9040 <--CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

interact granted.

hampa16

by hampa16 » Post

Крутой сервер! : D
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35