Community SUCKS!

Tx_RushFan

Community SUCKS!

by Tx_RushFan » Post

I'm really glad my 11 year old daughter never got on here to ask a question. The moderators and so far all the replies from others I've gotten here has been rude at best.
Last edited by Tx_RushFan on Wed Dec 11, 2013 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

If you want to read the "bad" or "evil" in posts then you are free to do that, but dont think that was the authors intention.

BTW, I like how you posted this in "Bugs and Problems" ;-)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

In some ways I agree with you, Tx_RushFan. I myself am concerned about the state of Minetest and its community. The forums have been less active than normal ever since the end of last summer, and most of its members are more interested in talking about where they place their torches than talking about RealBadAngel's new shaders for Minetest (which are now part of Minetest's main branch) and some of Minetest's finest mods like moretrees, plantlife, darkage, undergrowth, homedecor, mobf, mesecons, technic, pipeworks, moreblocks, moreores, and glooptest.

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

Tx_RushFan wrote:I'm really glad my 11 year old daughter never got on here to ask a question. The moderators and so far all the replies from others I've gotten here has been rude at best. You'll go nowhere here guys with this type of team 'leading' the way.
Just in case you didn't know, this is a pretty kid-friendly site (viewtopic.php?id=7968)
Tx_RushFan wrote:To hell with Minetest and the asshats running it.
Minetest is developed by a random bunch of lunatics.
What did you expect?
Inocudom wrote:In some ways I agree with you, Tx_RushFan. I myself am concerned about the state of Minetest and its community. The forums have been less active than normal ever since the end of last summer, and most of its members are more interested in talking about where they place their torches than talking about RealBadAngel's new shaders for Minetest (which are now part of Minetest's main branch) and some of Minetest's finest mods like moretrees, plantlife, darkage, undergrowth, homedecor, mobf, mesecons, technic, pipeworks, moreblocks, moreores, and glooptest.
Inoducom, MT is much more than the forums. If the forums are inactive, then everyone is busy doing something. If no one posts about RBA's shaders, that's because

1. It works, so we don't post much apart from 'AWESOME' which is kinda spammy.
2. Much of the discussion is at the IRC. What if I told you he made a lego-like shader?
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Megaf
GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

by Megaf » Post

Hi there.
A lot of miscommunication had happened here.
Minetest community is actually quite cool. I have been impolite and aggressive sometime and they still helped me out.
I wrote you a Private Message here. Let's talk. :)

Tx_RushFan wrote:I'm really glad my 11 year old daughter never got on here to ask a question. The moderators and so far all the replies from others I've gotten here has been rude at best. You'll go nowhere here guys with this type of team 'leading' the way.

To hell with Minetest and the asshats running it.
Megaf Server v4.0 Address: mt.megaf.info Port 30003

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

hoodedice wrote:What if I told you he made a lego-like shader?
What? O_O

Tx_RushFan

by Tx_RushFan » Post

Sorry guys, just really frustrated at everything. MC server didn't work for me. Minetest looks much better, but damned if I'm getting stuck everytime I try something. I'll do what I can to perhaps build a list of stuff that stumped me along the way and how I got through it so that I might offer it up later as a noobs guide of sorts.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Looking at your past posts, I can't see anything wrong with people responding to you.

You need to try be less "noob":
  • Search on google, forum search, etc
  • Try to ask good questions (PilzAdam has a nice link for this)
  • Ask on IRC if you want quick response, or ongoing questions
If you work a problem out without asking for help, you will find that you will get pleasure from completing it :P Programming is pretty much founded on this principal.
Last edited by rubenwardy on Wed Dec 11, 2013 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

At least minetest sucks for free, your average street corner only has proprietary hoes.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Tx_RushFan wrote:I'll do what I can to perhaps build a list of stuff that stumped me along the way and how I got through it so that I might offer it up later as a noobs guide of sorts.
Btw, welcome! (not cynical)

Using search doesn't always give the expected results. Advanced search makes searching a bit easier. When you've an idea who makes/made what, it's sometimes easier to search on users.

The list you suggest sounds like a good idea. You could probably use this with it:
viewtopic.php?id=3829

I hope you and your family will enjoy minetest (playing, making mods/textures/maps, it's all possible)

ZacAttack

by ZacAttack » Post

there are some people in this community *Cough PlizAdam Cough* who dont answer q nice ly
Zdg

DeepGaze
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

a friendly correction @ZacAttack *many
quite a few due to being granted permissions that they weren't ready to achieve but most due to pure ego. we could make a topic of notable mentions but they are sure to remove such things (Sfan5 often removes topics he dislikes, he might be a type 1)
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

In the forum there is all types of people. Good and bad
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

DeepGaze wrote:Sfan5 often removes topics he dislikes, he might be a type 1)
They discuss it on the IRC before purging them, so it is not only sfan5 who does it. And a clean forum is a blessing.
ZacAttack wrote:there are some people in this community *Cough PlizAdam Cough* who dont answer q nice ly
PilzAdam has a certain level of sarcasm.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

DeepGaze wrote:(Sfan5 often removes topics he dislikes, he might be a type 1)
Do we need to discuss this again?
Also it is not my personal preference that stuff not about Minetest does not go in General Discussion
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

no need for further discussion with you on the matter you are referring to Sfan5. I was only stating a point that you opt for removal against moving topics. I will re-express the apology for posting in the wrong section: I am ever so sorry.
Even though I still consider you wrongly posted as moderator.
(ps. during that pm h never stated that others were involved before deletion. only that he thought others would agree: that my topic was "crap")
minetest cards

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

I didn't say others would agree that your topic is crap
me in a PM with DeepGaze wrote:In my opinion this stuff is nonsense and I don't think other moderators would think differently
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

sfan5 wrote:Could you please keep this E.F.F. crap out of the Minetest forum?, thanks!
this was the message that you sent to alert me of the deletion and that started the conversation.
(side note: the E.F.F. began in the minetest world of text. I posted a topic about me adding more worlds and was told it was not for the forum: even offtopic)
minetest cards

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

DeepGaze wrote:
sfan5 wrote:Could you please keep this E.F.F. crap out of the Minetest forum?, thanks!
this was the message that you sent to alert me of the deletion and that started the conversation.
(side note: the E.F.F. began in the minetest world of text. I posted a topic about me adding more worlds and was told it was not for the forum: even offtopic)
Yeah that's right, but that does not mean I assume that other moderators think the same way.

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

The topics should not be removed. Should only be moved.
www.minetestbrasil.com

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

hoodedice wrote:
ZacAttack wrote:there are some people in this community *Cough PlizAdam Cough* who dont answer q nice ly
Sadly not everyone understands this....

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
hoodedice wrote:
Sadly not everyone understands this....
PilzAdam = Dr. House
Spoiler
it is annoying but it's smart.
Last edited by BrunoMine on Fri Dec 13, 2013 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
www.minetestbrasil.com