In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Wow! This is very cool!

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Melkor wrote:I do not know what I did wrong...
-snip-
You need latest git of Minetest. Use one of sfan5's, PilzAdam's, or BlockMen's builds if on Windows.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Froggy

by Froggy » Post

After trying out this mod, I found a bug. When you shoot at slabs of any material, the game crashes.

debug.txt gives this:

Code: Select all

10:18:53: ACTION[ServerThread]: Froggy uses firearms:m4, pointing at [nothing]
10:18:56: ACTION[ServerThread]: Froggy uses firearms:m4, pointing at [nothing]
10:18:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: Froggy leaves game. List of players: 
10:18:58: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: ...timus/.minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/bullet.lua:46: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table expected, got number)
10:18:58: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
10:18:58: ERROR[main]:     [C]: in function 'unpack'
10:18:58: ERROR[main]:     ...timus/.minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/bullet.lua:46: in function 'find_collision_point'
10:18:58: ERROR[main]:     ...timus/.minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/bullet.lua:76: in function 'on_step'
10:18:58: ERROR[main]:     ...minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/pureluaentity.lua:45: in function '__do_step'
10:18:58: ERROR[main]:     ...minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/pureluaentity.lua:197: in function <...minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/pureluaentity.lua:194>
The same happens with every other gun, as well. Not only the m4.

Other stuff:
-Make the sniper rifle deal more damage. I had to give the sniper multiple pellets for it to be of any use. Before, it only did 2 hp damage.
-The sniper rifle also doesn't zoom when right clicked, it only reduces blacks out the surrounding view.
-Physical ammo is gone for some reason. I can't /give any, and just doing shift+left-click gives you ammo from nowhere.
-In the top post you say player damage is not implemented, but it is.

But, I've got to say, this is a very fun mod!

Edit: Testing done in 0.4.8 stable.
Last edited by Froggy on Sat Dec 21, 2013 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Froggy wrote:After trying out this mod, I found a bug. When you shoot at slabs of any material, the game crashes.

debug.txt gives this:

-- snip --
The same happens with every other gun, as well. Not only the m4.
Fixed, thanks for reporting. Re-download the mod.
Froggy wrote:Make the sniper rifle deal more damage. I had to give the sniper multiple pellets for it to be of any use. Before, it only did 2 hp damage.
I really need to implement proper damage calculation. Expect Something Soon™.
Froggy wrote:The sniper rifle also doesn't zoom when right clicked, it only reduces blacks out the surrounding view.
The sniper rifle only works in single player. Multiplayer is only supported with a suitably patched engine. If you know how to compile Minetest yourself (or can get somebody to do it for you), the patch is in `firearmslib/util/player_setfov.patch'.
Froggy wrote:Physical ammo is gone for some reason. I can't /give any, and just doing shift+left-click gives you ammo from nowhere.
This isn't implemented yet. Again, Expect Something Soon™.
Froggy wrote:In the top post you say player damage is not implemented, but it is.
I forgot to update the post :P It is now fixed.
Froggy wrote:But, I've got to say, this is a very fun mod!
Thank you :)
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Froggy

by Froggy » Post

I redownloaded the mod and discovered another (very) big issue.

The slabs issue seems to be fixed, but I've got a new problem. I made a new world to test out the sniper rifle, and found that the zoom feature worked very nicely on singleplayer. I left the game shortly after, but then had a thought. I wondered what would happen if I left the game while still zoomed with the sniper. I entered the test world, zoomed, and left while still in zoomed mode. After re-entering again, I found that my FOV was stuck in zoom mode, but without the blacked out surrounding. Right clicking yeilded nothing.

Then, I went into an older world of mine, and found that I was zoomed there too. I proceeded to go to my minetest.conf and make "fov = 72". Upon entering the world again, I found that the fov didn't change at all. Looking at my minetest.conf, I saw that it changed to "fov = 18". It keeps reseting no matter what.

I decided to disregard that for the moment and go back to my original world (where the slabs issue occurred). Trying to enter gave me an init.lua error from firearmslib. When I remove the firearms mod from the world and entered, I was still in zoomed mode there too.

About the init.lua error, debug.txt says this:

21:40:26: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
21:40:26: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
21:40:26: ERROR[main]: /home/optimus/.minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/init.lua:
21:40:26: ERROR[main]: ...minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/pureluaentity.lua:161: attempt to get length of local 't' (a nil value)
21:40:26: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
21:40:26: ERROR[main]:     ...minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/pureluaentity.lua:161: in function 'load'
21:40:26: ERROR[main]:     ...minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/pureluaentity.lua:190: in main chunk
21:40:26: ERROR[main]:     [C]: in function 'dofile'
21:40:26: ERROR[main]:     ...optimus/.minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/init.lua:20: in main chunk
21:40:26: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
21:40:26: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/optimus/.minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/init.lua
21:40:26: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/optimus/.minetest/mods/firearms/firearmslib/init.lua
I hope this helps.

LuxAtheris

by LuxAtheris » Post

So what kind firearms are available?
Believe you can and you’re halfway there.

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

can u make that firearms compatible with simple mobs pls?

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Froggy wrote:I wondered what would happen if I left the game while still zoomed with the sniper. I entered the test world, zoomed, and left while still in zoomed mode. After re-entering again, I found that my FOV was stuck in zoom mode, but without the blacked out surrounding. Right clicking yeilded nothing.
Fixed, thanks for reporting. One caveat is if the server has an unexpected crash (as in, segmentation fault or something like that, not on Lua errors), the FOV may not be reset to the original value. Nothing can be done about this last issue, sorry.
Froggy wrote:Then, I went into an older world of mine, and found that I was zoomed there too. I proceeded to go to my minetest.conf and make "fov = 72". Upon entering the world again, I found that the fov didn't change at all. Looking at my minetest.conf, I saw that it changed to "fov = 18". It keeps reseting no matter what.
Be sure to edit `minetest.conf' while the game is *NOT* running; otherwise it overwrites the settings when you exit.
Froggy wrote:Trying to enter gave me an init.lua error from firearmslib. When I remove the firearms mod from the world and entered, I was still in zoomed mode there too.

-- snip --
Hmm... try removing the `ple.list' file from the world directory.
LuxAtheris wrote:So what kind firearms are available?
See first post.
AMMOnym wrote:can u make that firearms compatible with simple mobs pls?
Soon™

LuxAtheris

by LuxAtheris » Post

In the inventory,I cant see any ammunitions.
Help please
Believe you can and you’re halfway there.

Froggy

by Froggy » Post

kaeza wrote:
Froggy wrote:Then, I went into an older world of mine, and found that I was zoomed there too. I proceeded to go to my minetest.conf and make "fov = 72". Upon entering the world again, I found that the fov didn't change at all. Looking at my minetest.conf, I saw that it changed to "fov = 18". It keeps reseting no matter what.
Be sure to edit `minetest.conf' while the game is *NOT* running; otherwise it overwrites the settings when you exit.
I did, indeed, edit minetest.conf with minetest not running. When I start the game, it immediately changes the FOV to what it was before, and disregards minetest.conf. Even completely removing the mod changed nothing. That's why I found this to be such a big problem.

I tried again later to find that the sniper could zoom again. It zoomed even more, relative to the original zoom. I left while still zoomed to find that, when I re-entered, I was stuck in the even more zoomed mode! I checked minetest.conf, and it says "fov = 1.125"! But, I guess I was asking for it.
kaeza wrote:
Froggy wrote:Trying to enter gave me an init.lua error from firearmslib. When I remove the firearms mod from the world and entered, I was still in zoomed mode there too.

-- snip --
Hmm... try removing the `ple.list' file from the world directory.
That did the trick! Thank you! :D

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Update!

Some additions.
- Add real ammo.
- Fix most weapons having wrong ammo name.
- Number of pellets is now a property of bullets rather than
  weapons.
- Add proper damage to players and objects.
Edit: Froggy, I cannot reproduce the zoom bug here, so I can't come up with a fix. Sorry.
Last edited by kaeza on Sun Dec 22, 2013 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Froggy

by Froggy » Post

The zoom bug occurred with the older version of the mod. Just zoom in singleplayer, then leave while still zoomed, and you'll be stuck like that forever. That's all I did, and I have no idea how to fix it. D:

Edit: I just realized that when I did the first experiment with the zooming, and leaving while still being zoomed, an FOV entry was automatically made at the bottom of minetest.conf. I didn't notice this, and added my own "fov = 72" in the middle. The second FOV entry was overriding the first, and that's why I was stuck in zoomed mode! All is fixed now. Sorry about the trouble.
Last edited by Froggy on Sun Dec 22, 2013 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

whoandwoo

by whoandwoo » Post

PLEASE TELL ME HOW THE HELL I INSTALL THIS MOD BECAUSE IT WONT FREKIN WORK FOR ME!!!!

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

whoandwoo wrote:PLEASE TELL ME HOW THE HELL I INSTALL THIS MOD BECAUSE IT WONT FREKIN WORK FOR ME!!!!
First, don't type in ALL CAPS; it's like shouting and is considered rude.
Next, I have no magical mind reading powers, so you will have to help me by telling me what error you are encountering. Please follow the steps on this topic, but paste the error here instead of creating another topic.

whoandwoo

by whoandwoo » Post

YOUR MOD IS UNWORKABLE! T DOESNT FREKIN WORK NO MATTER WHAT I'VE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pitriss
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Post

whoandwoo: If you don't stop shouting and being rude, nobody will want to help you. It is not matter how much angry you will be. So calm down and post here atleast error message that you get.
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (A. Savage, Mythbusters)
I'm not modding and/or playing minetest anymore. All my mods were released under WTFPL. You can fix/modify them yourself. Don't ask me for support. Thanks.

Froggy

by Froggy » Post

whoandwoo wrote:PLEASE TELL ME HOW THE HELL I INSTALL THIS MOD BECAUSE IT WONT FREKIN WORK FOR ME!!!!
Download the mod.
Unzip the file.
Rename the folder to "firearms".
Move the folder to your .../minetest/mods folder. Create it if necessary.
Create a new world (if necessary).
Highlight selected world and click the "Configure" button.
Highlight "firearms", and check off "enabled" at the upper portion of the menu.
Click "Save".
Click "Play".

Now, it should be enabled. Type "/mods" while in game and look if "firearms" is on the list. If so, then it works.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

whoandwoo wrote:YOUR MOD IS UNWORKABLE! T DOESNT FREKIN WORK NO MATTER WHAT I'VE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, it doesn't matter if your 13. I know 13 year olds who know way more about computers than you do.
Back from the dead!

Azuna

by Azuna » Post

Craft recipes for .45 pistol?? or atleast item string

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Azuna wrote:Craft recipes for .45 pistol?? or atleast item string
The itemstring is "firearms:m9", and the craft recipe is as follows:

Steel Ingot | Steel Ingot | Steel Ingot
     -      |      -      |    Wood
Edit: For those who know about weapons, my apologies, as the Beretta M9 is 9mm, not .45 :P
Last edited by kaeza on Wed Jan 22, 2014 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

AlexF

by AlexF » Post

kaeza wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:http://im.bilderkiste.org/5137682139802/bug.PNG

I'm using the 0.4.7 stable download and Minetest 0.4.7 stable.
kbobdc3 wrote:I keep getting error messages
ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_step': ...est build\bin\..\mods\firearms\firearmslib/explosion.lua:39: attempt to index local 'bulletdef' (a nil value)
Please remove the firearms_destructive mod for now. I will look into it later.

Awsome mod! I think the problem is that line 44 of explosion.lua should be:

obj:set_hp(obj:get_hp() - damage);
instead of:

obj:set_hp(obj.entity:get_hp() - damage);

Zaraki

by Zaraki » Post

You forgot the crafts for bullets in the new version :/
Last edited by Zaraki on Wed Mar 19, 2014 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

mcfan

by mcfan » Post

What do you push to zoom? And it crashes with the exploding weapons.

Nice mod though!
Last edited by mcfan on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
Love MINECRAFT... will settle for Minetest

JPRuehmann

Re: [Mod] Firearms [0.2.0] [firearms]

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello
Fine mod especialy the Huds and the amunition Idea to make them dependent of the weapon.
But I have one tiny problem.
After loading the first shoot did not do anything.
And a Question.
Are you working on reenable the destroying Weapons of the old Version?
Thanks,
JPR

cupofinsane

Re: [Mod] Firearms [0.2.0] [firearms]

by cupofinsane » Post

No craft receipt for ammo?