Can't break blocks...

pdvrosado

Can't break blocks...

by pdvrosado » Post

In both single player and server play, I can break blocks. I asked my gf to join me on minetest and all was good, except for the fact that she can't break blocks on the server, just on the single player. She has land claims that I gave her, and she can put blocks, she just can't break them. I am using the 4.8 on ubuntu 12.04 and she is playing with 4.9 on windows. Any idea?

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Hi. You must grant her the "interact" privilege for her to build:

Code: Select all

/grant <hername> interact
Edit: This privilege is granted by default on singleplayer, and to the server administrator (the person starting the server from the GUI, or the one named in the "name" config option in minetest.conf if using dedicated server). That's why you could dig but she couldn't.
Last edited by kaeza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

pdvrosado

by pdvrosado » Post

That's the strange thing, everyone else on the server can break blocks, but not her... We are plying in the official Blosters pvp server.

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

pdvrosado wrote:That's the strange thing, everyone else on the server can break blocks, but not her... We are plying in the official Blosters pvp server.
You may need to request interact privilege from a server admin/moderator, or you are trying to build in a claimed/protected area.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

pdvrosado

by pdvrosado » Post

She has land claimed, she lost health when she tried to break a block on other people's land (as normal), but she can't break blocks on her lands. How do I do to talk to the admin of the server?

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

pdvrosado wrote:How do I do to talk to the admin of the server?
Try asking in Bloster's server topic, or in-game.