[0.4.12] Minerealm Server

like2omg

by like2omg » Post

Novacain wrote:actually, you did jail him. I was online at the time. he killed one of the people in his building crew without express permission. he was also attacking us as we observed their "game" of tag where he had a diamond sword. hope this help clear things up
Once again, my memory is very flawed.. now the problem I have is how to I "own up" to my faults when I cannot even get on! (Had to reinstall Linux, and right now I cannot get on as I'm using my phone for internet (3G) at a cafe)
Nicole wrote:I would appreciate it if my players (especially admins) did not go on to other server pages and act foolish, using our name. I'm sorry for just noticing.
I did my best to clear my end on that one page, but ... now as I type this ... I don't know if I'm still worthy of Moderator status on Minerealms anymore, especially since I jailed and forgot that I did... -_-

== EDIT ==
Novacain wrote:
Mcc457 wrote:Nevermind, about the tower thing, if it's too big to move. If I can get a faction set up, I'll have the member help me build a better one.

Mobs would be fun, and they don't lag me. They do cause error sometimes, when they go out of range. If we could control the amount spawned(and then despawned, without errors), it would help greatly.
You mean like have a max amount that spawn? of they despawn if they get too far away from players?
The errors, I'm assuming, is due to when they are being manipulated (via. code) when they are outside the loaded chunks. The way they could be despawned would probably have to be either right before the chunk unloads, or (via. a more server intense method) keep the chunk loaded for a little bit before unloading them and then the chunk.

(possible spelling error inbound, Firefox is not showing the spelling error squiggly lines atm)
The major problems I see with mobs (besides above) is them interfering with staff helping players with their problems (grief, etc.) and if they target Noob ranks who cannot attack back.
Last edited by like2omg on Wed Jan 08, 2014 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Mcc457

by Mcc457 » Post

Novacain wrote:
Mcc457 wrote:Nevermind, about the tower thing, if it's too big to move. If I can get a faction set up, I'll have the member help me build a better one.

Mobs would be fun, and they don't lag me. They do cause error sometimes, when they go out of range. If we could control the amount spawned(and then despawned, without errors), it should help greatly.
You mean like have a max amount that spawn? of they despawn if they get too far away from players?
A certain number, they would spawn until a max would be reached, and they would spawn when they are killed. The downside would be that they are few and far apart.
Working on a sub-game; mostly based texture packs, adventure and soon chemistry...

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

Mcc457 wrote:
Novacain wrote:

Mobs would be fun, and they don't lag me. They do cause error sometimes, when they go out of range. If we could control the amount spawned(and then despawned, without errors), it should help greatly.
A certain number, they would spawn until a max would be reached, and they would spawn when they are killed. The downside would be that they are few and far apart.

Well, if they only spawn around players, and despawn when not around players, that could make them more common. the problem is if you have only a few players on, they could be swarmed quite easily.

Also, how do you guys like my Avi?

Edit: is the server down?
Last edited by Novacain on Thu Jan 09, 2014 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

BeastMaster

by BeastMaster » Post

Yep think the server is down, me and FNC can't get on either :(

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

Vazons internet is down. Therefor Minerealms is down

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

Ah. know what happened to his internet?
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Vazon
IRC: Vazon
In-game: Vazon

by Vazon » Post

Server is back up and running fine. My modem went coput so I had to restart it.

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

I would like to apoligise (its spelt wrong no need to correct i already know) to the players of Minerealms as well as the players of landrush for my ignorant and uncalled for actions. It was very childish and inappropriate. I am very sorry and if yall will forgive me I would be grateful for it.

FNC

by FNC » Post

hi, my name is FNC!!! on the server today (1-10-14) (5:00 PM) I was getting hit by something (lag, player, fall damage) but I could not see nor fight back, I was not moving and I got killed. when I returned my stuff was gone. in chat I said "not funny give my stuff back!!!" but no one said any thing and ignored me. Plz check this out and I hope I can get my stuff back, I had some good things on me. It happened in my home. only thing that might have killed me, was when I had half health from some thing hiting me I fell out of my boss castle tower and there was lag and later it says "you died" PLZ check logs, thanks

-FNC

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

Okay, as like2omg reported in the bugs forum, cobble generators are causing the server to crash. if you have a cobble generator, please be careful about using it.

you can see the original thread here: viewtopic.php?id=8254
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

angjinhang

by angjinhang » Post

FNC wrote:hi, my name is FNC!!! on the server today (1-10-14) (5:00 PM) I was getting hit by something (lag, player, fall damage) but I could not see nor fight back, I was not moving and I got killed. when I returned my stuff was gone. in chat I said "not funny give my stuff back!!!" but no one said any thing and ignored me. Plz check this out and I hope I can get my stuff back, I had some good things on me. It happened in my home. only thing that might have killed me, was when I had half health from some thing hiting me I fell out of my boss castle tower and there was lag and later it says "you died" PLZ check logs, thanks

-FNC
If you saw red colors at the corners of your game window, you are hitten by someone with a punch or sword or any available weapon. Because when you are hitten, you are 'pushed', and maybe that's the reason you fell down your tower. And sometimes if you are unlucky you might get lags, and you are unable to move in that time. So, I think that this needs to be investigated, and the player that kills you should be jailed if he or she break the rules.
Minetest Addicted...?

FNC

by FNC » Post

YOU CANT SHUT DOWN SERVER!!! I have made so mutch on this server. ask any player on the server, they all love it!!!! plz put the server back up

-FNC

BeastMaster

by BeastMaster » Post

^^ Damn you was quick to comment, was good playing with y'all :)

FNC

by FNC » Post

PLZ, I beg you to put server back up!!!! I like this server, and I think it did ell. it was lagy from time to time but I think every player on the server would rather have lag then no server at all!!! plz put server back up!!!

FNC

by FNC » Post

PLZ, I beg you to put server back up!!!! I like this server, and I think it did ell. it was lagy from time to time but I think every player on the server would rather have lag then no server at all!!! plz put server back up!!!!

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

The server was falling apart guys.

FNC

by FNC » Post

plz make a new server or something!!!

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

I'm afraid we wont be doing that dude, I'm sorry but there are other great servers... and I feel stupid by saying this but to be honest landrush is a damn good server. You should join it

BeastMaster

by BeastMaster » Post

hate to say it but i gotta agree with rick, if i can't find another decent server looks like minecraft for PS3 lol

FNC

by FNC » Post

I played on almost all of vaz servers, not under this name but on others. plz, make a new server and name it mineremls or something. This server started up like 3 weeks ago!!! I think he should make a new server with less mods. and maybe laggy itms taken out

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

Beast i got minecraft for PS3 its pretty cool! I love playing with my friend on it

rommiekerova
In-game: Andromeda

by rommiekerova » Post

I have to say I preferred the city in 2.0
All the cobble messes with my eyes so I'm planning on building way out of all that.
Sadly theres never a mod on when I want an area protected so I can start building.
My Mods: Kerova - viewtopic.php?id=8054
My Server: Kalisae - viewtopic.php?id=9040 <--CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

rommie well we shut the server down so don't worry about it now

BeastMaster

by BeastMaster » Post

sounds good ill have to look into it then Rick, and probs buy it :)

Mcc457

by Mcc457 » Post

It was fun I guess, a little bit confused about what it going on, however.

So first the server crashed.

Then it was reset.

In the end, it was shutdown.

Thanks for giving me many fun memories on the server, building my tallest tower, getting mod, the many adventures and events and people I've met. I almost nearly saw the entire life of this server, from first being up to its final shutdown.

I'll see you all later.
Working on a sub-game; mostly based texture packs, adventure and soon chemistry...