[Mod] Map [2] [map]

fgr

by fgr » Post

This mod needs to be tuned a bit. lets say ... its nice to have the map somewhere pinned but if you open / look at it (it should be always with you like a real map by hitting "M" key or whatsoever) it should zoomed the current area. I know it would be a bit difficult. zoom in the map and out would be also a real nice thing.

Nightfighter

by Nightfighter » Post

mine is now not working it says"not fuctioning 'step on'......."
How do i fix it?
my mods: Concrete Invisiblocks
more coming out soon
mods are cool!!

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Is there any way this mod could work on Windows? If not, what is it about the operating system that makes such a feat impossible?

Iqualfragile

by Iqualfragile » Post

yeah, you could install andlinux, that should work :D
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Terminal wrote:Unknown node names: default:stone_with_iron stairs:slab_wood stairs:slab_cobble stairs:stair_cobble default:sapling stairs:stair_wood default:chest_locked fire:basic_flame
[map] debug: 0
[map] Failed!
[map] Tried to run command "python /home/us_0gb/.minetest/worlds/world_2013-01-25/worldmods/map/minetestmapper.py -i /home/us_0gb/.minetest/worlds/world_2013-01-25 -o /home/us_0gb/.minetest/worlds/world_2013-01-25/worldmods/map//textures/map.png"
I get an error when I run this. It says it failed, but the image was indeed created. Could it because of the unknown nodes it found?

Also, how do you add nodes to the mapper?

Thanks!
Also, how

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Yeah i get those error messages too, but it works so i ignore them.
To add new nodes edit the colors.txt file and add the node name and the RGB values for the colour you want on the map for that node. For example ...

Code: Select all

default:stone_with_iron 97 93 92
RGB values for any colour can be found using the GIMP "colour picker".
Last edited by paramat on Fri Jan 25, 2013 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Oh, wow. I'm lame. I didn't even see that file. I was focussing on the mapper and init.lua. The format is so obvious, too. Thank you so much!

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

Why no windows still!
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Likwid H-Craft wrote:Why no windows still!
Another more reason to switch to Linux :)
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

kaeza wrote:
Is there even need for another reason to switch to Linux? I still don't see any reason to stick with Windows ... Linux, OS X, BSD, DOS, it doesn't matter what you use, as long as it isn't Windows.

Also, is there a way to get this to map the whole generated world? The first time I ran it, it mapped only the center. I tried modifying it three times and ran it each time, but it didn't work. I really have no idea what I'm doing in that script. I don't need this to function in-game, even. I've been running it in a back-up copy of the world to get a graphical map for someone who wants me to post it in the server topic.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Sun Jan 27, 2013 04:10, edited 1 time in total.

TForsman

by TForsman » Post

I can't get this mod to work. in debug.txt I can see:

13:02:50: INFO[main]:   [map         ] ["/usr/share/minetest/games/minetest/mods/map/init.lua"]
13:02:50: VERBOSE[main]: Loading and running script from /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest/mods/map/init.lua
13:02:50: VERBOSE[main]: register_item_raw: map:map
13:02:50: VERBOSE[main]: ItemDefManager: registering "map:map"
13:02:50: VERBOSE[main]: registerNode: registering content id "576": name="map:map"
13:02:50: VERBOSE[main]: registerCraft: registering craft definition: (shaped, output="map:map", recipe={ "default:paper","default:paper"; "default:paper","default:paper" }, replacements={})
[map] No map image found. Creating image... (This will take some time)
[map] debug: 256
[map] Failed!
[map] Tried to run command "python /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest/mods/map/minetestmapper.py -i /home/tforsman/.minetest/worlds/Foresight World -o /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest/mods/map//textures/map.png"

If I run command from terminal:

python /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest/mods/map/minetestmapper.py -i /home/tforsman/.minetest/worlds/Foresight World -o /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest/mods/map//textures/map.png
World does not exist.
Can't handle spaces in world name? (just guessing) As the name of the world is: "Foresight World"
Last edited by TForsman on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
Foresight | Blog | I've heard: When the RedHat developers present new packages to Linux User-Group, before the meeting is over,Foresight people will have downloaded the source, created a Foresight package, uploaded it,and it will be available for anyone to use.

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

kaeza wrote:
Wheres the Map Texture? Theres nothing in it.

Well I don't get why not this kind of, need a update for windows users.
Last edited by Likwid H-Craft on Sun Jan 27, 2013 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Likwid H-Craft wrote:
kaeza wrote:
Wheres the Map Texture? Theres nothing in it.

Well I don't get why not this kind of, need a update for windows users.
I did some searching, and I found this update for Windows users.

socramazibi

by socramazibi » Post

Hello, this mod could be used in windows 7 with this file minetest_mapper.exe (http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2896&p=2)

thanks

google translate
Forgive my English, but it is the translator of google.My Spanish.
My mod:
Pictures wool 1.0 3x5 , Charcoal+Textures , Map

Just A Man

by Just A Man » Post

Python sript can be fixed. It just needed some os related things. Like using os.pathsep instead of /. If someone need this i can try to fix but i dont have Windows so some one need to test it

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

Just A Man wrote:Python sript can be fixed. It just needed some os related things. Like using os.pathsep instead of /. If someone need this i can try to fix but i dont have Windows so some one need to test it
The C++ version is really faster than the python one, so I see no point in fixing it (except the python version is the "official" one).
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

I get why the map has to be in the Mod folder but I've basically quit using this mod because I run multiple maps and it's not playing nice with the new method of running mods. Could the map texture name be based on the world name? Then you could write the code load the correct map for the world you're in.

PS: Sorry if I missed a comment above asking for the same thing.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Jouster27 wrote:I get why the map has to be in the Mod folder but I've basically quit using this mod because I run multiple maps and it's not playing nice with the new method of running mods. Could the map texture name be based on the world name? Then you could write the code load the correct map for the world you're in.

PS: Sorry if I missed a comment above asking for the same thing.
Yea that could be done. But this mod doesnt work very good anyway.
Also I dont have a copy of it anymore and omploader is down.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

PilzAdam wrote:Also I dont have a copy of it anymore and omploader is down.
I understand, man. It's a bummer, though. I liked the mod. Ah well, I guess I should test some of the other mapping solutions... Thanks anyway for the use I got out of the mod, though.

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Post

I wonder if there's a way to have in game maps, like Minecraft. Or a minimap.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Hi, the unchanged map.zip is available here http://www.mediafire.com/download/m1rp1 ... zs/map.zip

SlowMo24
GitHub: SlowMo24

Re: [Mod] Map [2] [map]

by SlowMo24 » Post

Thanks for this very cool mod. paramat's link works fine. I would like to propose two enhancements:

1. you could add im=im.rotate(90) to the python code before saving, to make the map correspond to the real wold, when placed on the ground.

2. VanessaE's colors.txt (from here: http://wiki.minetest.net/Minetestmapper) should be added by default

cheers

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: [Mod] Map [2] [map]

by Krock » Post

SlowMo24 wrote:I would like to propose two enhancements:
I agree, this mod is no longer in developement.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>