HDX Textures (64 - 512 px) [git rolling release]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Updates: Added peat and the rest of the trees for Realtest, fixed the furnace therein, and put in a better, more accurate birch tree trunk texture (and copied it over to Moretrees, too). Improved the standard default bricks texture a bit.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

Very nice. This is my favorite HD texture pack.
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Annahstas

by Annahstas » Post

There should be an actual bathtub added into this VanessaE- Like a lions claw XD, or maybe I am just to girly ha.
“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
“I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh My Texture Packs'

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

viewtopic.php?id=7884
Will HDX texture support be given to this mod?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It's possible, maybe.

EDIT: Added it.
Last edited by VanessaE on Wed Dec 04, 2013 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Anna: A bathtub would first need to be added to some mod in order for HDX to support it. E.g. there must first be nodes for me to wrap the textures around. :-) That seems like something Homedecor mod should have. Maybe later.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

In recent times, something very good has happened. RealBadAngel's shaders are now part of the main branch of Minetest. If you need advice on how to do normal maps, RealBadAngel should be able to help you out. His Haven NG texture pack provides a good example of what his shaders are capable of.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

If you decide to make normal maps for these textures (to support parallax occlusion mapping,) where will you put them?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Just a quick post to let everyone know, this project is far from dead. Just check the github commit log for the changes, there have been a lot of them, as I have been trying to keep things moving along.

Regarding Inocudom's question about normalmaps, there is a somewhat outdated repository of these at
https://github.com/VanessaE/hdx-normalmaps-512 ..... That size will technically work with any size of HDX, though they work best with the larger sizes. Just download that repository and copy the pngs directly into your HDX folder alongside the rest of the imagery. Bear in mind that repository is pretty large. Note that the normalmaps for wood, coloredwood, bookshelf, cactus, and maybe one or two others will need to be deleted once you download the set, as they won't match what's current in HDX. The rest should be okay. I'll update these sooner or later.

Meanwhile, here are the last few weeks' worth of updates:

2014-01-12: Various changes:

* Greatly improved default grass and dirt textures thanks to help from a new, better-quality monitor to do my work on. Similarly improved cottages dirt road "feldweg" texture, and the footsteps-in-grass texture used by a few games/mods. Affects all supported games.

* Add experimental, partial suppot for Undergrowth Modpack (not yet complete, but close).

* Made default wood for Nostalgia game, Minetest 0.3.x and Minetest-classic look more like the default texture that comes with those games.

* re-based artificial beehive, and wooden gate on current wood texture, made latter a jpg.

* Re-based coloredwood imagery on current default wood image.

2013-12-28: Added support for Sokomine's experimental Markers mod.

2013-12-19: Ran all PNGs in all texture packs through optipng. Also fixed some bad quality on 3dforniture chains inventory images.

2013-12-04: Add support for candycane mod.

2013-12-02: Fix pipeworks' furnace/chest tube connector images to match current state of that mod.

2013-11-26: Better textures for default tree trunks/tops and wooden planks. Slight improvement to bookshelf. Fix cactus top-to-side alignment glitch. Tweak lighting on cactus top a bit, try to make it
look more rounded.

2013-11-20: Added all Realtest ores and their associated mineral lumps, replaced previously added-but-lost peat also.

2013-11-19: bigger default coal lump.

2013-11-17: Replaced all lava and water source and flowing images with PNG versions with alpha support. Water alpha is -30%, lava is still 100% opaque.

2013-11-16: Updated Realtest leaves to go with recent changes to its code.

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

I must say, Bravo!! these tex packs are really nice, and I like that they are in smaller sizes as I don't have a very fast computer. however, the only thing I can see is that sometimes people rename nodes for their server, like removing underscores. Is there any way to make an easy fix to that so they show up with the other graphics? or would that require a whole new set of files with the underscores removed?
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Such changes would need a whole new set of files, yes, and I'm not inclined to support that outside of certain games needing different filenames as a matter of course (see Minetest 0.3.x, Minetest-classic, and MT-Nostalgia).

If server owners are renaming the image files (regardless of whether they rename the nodes that use those files), they're doing it wrong. :)

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

VanessaE wrote:Such changes would need a whole new set of files, yes, and I'm not inclined to support that outside of certain games needing different filenames as a matter of course (see Minetest 0.3.x, Minetest-classic, and MT-Nostalgia).

If server owners are renaming the image files (regardless of whether they rename the nodes that use those files), they're doing it wrong. :)
Dang. well, at least it looks good in SP. one other thing I have noticed is that when I used the tex pack on your survival server, a large number of the ores still showed up as a 16x16 image in the larger image (I was using the 32x32 tex pack). just something I thought I'd let you know about.

edit: I just downloaded the git and it fixed it.
Last edited by Novacain on Tue Jan 14, 2014 06:16, edited 1 time in total.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Misty

by Misty » Post

Hi Vanessa,
I just downloaded 2 versions of the HDX texture pack, and I'll let you know what my computer/game performance is like with them Installed. I downloaded the x64, and just in case that was too big for my poor little machine, I got the x32 as well.
Certified 100% signature Virus free.

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

Hello. I really like this texture pack, but that wieldhand turned out to be a little weird. I wonder if I'm doing the workaround right. I used Fuzzy Select Tool in the GIMP to select the area just right of the hand and then did a fill with green and then faded that to 1%. Is there a better/easier way to fix that?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It depends on what it is you're trying to accomplish. I guess you're trying to "hack" the extrude code to not do the side of the hand by exploiting how it decides which areas to process based on the alpha level of the image?

Last time I tried doing this, I failed. Let me know if you do find a workaround, and I'll incorporate it. :-)

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

Well, that's the only way I know of. I was just wondering whether there was a better way.

Yeah, it looks weird when you have the last pixels stretched out like that on an otherwise realistic looking texture, don't you think?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Indeed it does look odd. Did your idea work?

I just use a client-side patch to disable the extrude code entirely.

Misty

by Misty » Post

The x64 textures seem to work fine.
thanks for helping me figure out my client settings so I could use the texture pack selector properly.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

No problem. Now if your machine is up to the challenge - try the 128px size ;-)

Misty

by Misty » Post

You read my mind. :P
I'm just going to download it now.

GingerHunter797
In-game: GingerHunter797

by GingerHunter797 » Post

I just wanted to say this is an amazing texture pack! I wanted to use the 512x512 but it took forever to load and it crashed when I got into the game. lol! XD But the 256x256(run it at full speed) is just fantastic! It is beutiful! You did a really exelent job on this!
http://i.imgur.com/gqXXUaI.png

3DS Friend Code: 2122-7173-2797
Add me as a friend! :D

Want to play a fun game? http://voxelands.com/

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

The mod linked to below should be easy for you to make textures for:
viewtopic.php?id=8232
It is oOChainLynxOo's hardened_clay mod.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

More updates over the past month:

2014-02-15: Added support for Nore/sfan5's MG mod.

2014-02-15: Re-rendered basalt and also made it darker (I'm still not happy with it :-/ ).

2014-02-11: "disable" the texture extrude effect on the wieldhand by applying a 25% alpha along the right side of the hand (to the edge of the image). Thanks to gsmanners and MichaelRpdx for the tip!

2014-01-29: Re-based homedecor/signs_lib's sign-on-fencepost textures on current wood texture.

2014-01-23: Added default snowball.

2014-01-22: Added shrubbery textures for gloopblocks.

2014-01-19: Flowing lava texture for Nostalgia game, probably affects 0.3.x/-classic also?

2014-01-15: Much-improved quality of default leaves, and got rid of that damn blue edging finally!

2014-01-15: Improved quality of breaking animation's edges (using alpha blending and re-rendered from original source file).

Inocudom: I'll add support for the hardened clay mod after he fixes his texture filenames.

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

this texture is fascinating!
Minetest Real Life!
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com