CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

Wow that looks amazing!

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

What are you talking about neuro? just wondering which space your talking about. And yes for all you redcrab people oxen is here! :D
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

coffeecrafter

by coffeecrafter » Post

Zafrell wrote: The first time i logged into your server everything was fine. Now this is all i see, please help?

http://prntscr.com/2o2hae
We've had several people having this login issue. A possible reason for this is a compability problem between the client & the server. If this problem occurs after upgrading to 0.4.9, please try using an older version. As the server still runs on 0.4.4, you guys won't miss much with an older client build. ;)

I'm using 0.4.7 and never had much trouble here.
With PilzAdam's release I couldn't see the cyan wool and floating water/lava.

Ragnar

by Ragnar » Post

Ok, how does this topic have 4.8K posts? O.o
Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

Ragnar wrote:Ok, how does this topic have 4.8K posts? O.o
Popular server.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

and an old one. This topic alone has almost two years worth of discussion.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I am giving up my rights to the RubenExpress shop at spawn.

A moderator may decide how to use it. (demolish, complete, etc).

See the "Ru".
Last edited by rubenwardy on Tue Feb 11, 2014 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

coffeecrafter

by coffeecrafter » Post

rubenwardy wrote:I am giving up my rights to the RubenExpress shop at spawn.

A moderator may decide how to use it. (demolish, complete, etc).
oooooh, a rare part of land around spawn ... I'll have a look where it is and how it looks.

edit: think I found it. If I'm at the right place I'm really interested in owning that piece of land. In fact I'm already having building rights there. ;)

edit2: took a screenshot of the shop:
Spoiler
the height of the land is limited by a sky city over spawn; you as the following land owner are capable for the desert-stoned-lift to there. So if anyone else is also interested ...

if you grant me the land I think I'll tear it down to build something like a plaza or a pavillion where you can travel to the best buildings/places on the map. They should be honoured with more than just a simple travelnet station. So if you're willing to keep the building you better grant it to someone else.
Last edited by coffeecrafter on Tue Feb 11, 2014 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

slightly updated map here: http://gigapan.com/gigapans/150408
There are some really weird spider patterns around the new blobs in the map made by my auto-mapper, these are a total mystery at the moment, but not to do with anything from the redcrab server, just weirdness in my map-block handling i think.
If anyone wants the original world this is made from I can upload it if you have somewhere with 3G's or more free. The world sqlite date file is 2.4Gbytes at the moment and growing..
This world file now has metadata too, i copied the metadata from Sokomines grab into this & now my auto-mapper saves meta too, so any new mapping has everything.
Only misc weirdness is odd lighting caused by not correctly recalculating lighting when new map-blocks are added.

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

I give up rights over humble village, mods can decide what to do.

sneak.thief

by sneak.thief » Post

aldobr wrote:I give up rights over humble village, mods can decide what to do.
What,Really seriously whyd you give up rights there,I had a tunnell there why D you do this Aldobr

Erthome
In-game: Erthome Azyaqux

by Erthome » Post

Aldobr, PM me with the protect # or coordinates if you would please, and sneak.thief, I will help you set up a protect for your construction, again, I just need coordinates.

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

Zafrell, Coffee is correct, stick with a rev prior to 4.8 and you will have little problems.

EDIT: I mean, on the redcrab site, of course. Other actively upgraded sites will naturally benefit from the more late model clients.
Last edited by Erthome on Fri Mar 28, 2014 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

The account NikkIHeartMe has been banned from the Redcrab server.

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

miner65536 wrote:slightly updated map here: http://gigapan.com/gigapans/150408
There are some really weird spider patterns around the new blobs in the map made by my auto-mapper, these are a total mystery at the moment, but not to do with anything from the redcrab server, just weirdness in my map-block handling i think.
If anyone wants the original world this is made from I can upload it if you have somewhere with 3G's or more free. The world sqlite date file is 2.4Gbytes at the moment and growing..
This world file now has metadata too, i copied the metadata from Sokomines grab into this & now my auto-mapper saves meta too, so any new mapping has everything.
Only misc weirdness is odd lighting caused by not correctly recalculating lighting when new map-blocks are added.
Miner, I can provide you with a place to upload the file and you can then post the link here so others can download it at will. PM me if you'd like to do so and I will set you up with an FTP account to do the upload.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

miner65536 wrote: The world sqlite date file is 2.4Gbytes at the moment and growing..
The actual map of Redcrabs server passed 4 GB a long time ago and was past 10 GB afaik when we last heared about its size. Unfortionately, that's very unhandy for download.

It would be intresting to see where the differences to what I captured manually are - and which parts of those regions differ from what mapgen would create (i.e. bear traces of player activity). Many areas may have been created by players on the hunt for papyrus.
Erthome wrote: Miner, I can provide you with a place to upload the file and you can then post the link here so others can download it at will. PM me if you'd like to do so and I will set you up with an FTP account to do the upload.
It would be great if the relevant part of the map (=the part where players did anything) could be downloaded somehow. Perhaps a comparison between both maps is possible...
A list of my mods can be found here.

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

Sokomine wrote:
miner65536 wrote: The world sqlite date file is 2.4Gbytes at the moment and growing..
The actual map of Redcrabs server passed 4 GB a long time ago and was past 10 GB afaik when we last heared about its size. Unfortionately, that's very unhandy for download.

It would be intresting to see where the differences to what I captured manually are - and which parts of those regions differ from what mapgen would create (i.e. bear traces of player activity). Many areas may have been created by players on the hunt for papyrus.
Erthome wrote: Miner, I can provide you with a place to upload the file and you can then post the link here so others can download it at will. PM me if you'd like to do so and I will set you up with an FTP account to do the upload.
It would be great if the relevant part of the map (=the part where players did anything) could be downloaded somehow. Perhaps a comparison between both maps is possible...
I don't have a *NIX box or a shell account on my hosted server, BUT if anyone has a good way to do the compare, both the raw file and the compared/reletavized (yes I made that last word up) file are welcome to be served in the area I set up for you previously Soko, or a new area...whatever is most desirable.

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I have given up access to my server account. If you see my name online, it is probably someone else cleaning up my locked signs and chests.

Hello profile reader

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

rubenwardy wrote: I have given up access to my server account. If you see my name online, it is probably someone else cleaning up my locked signs and chests.
That's a pity. Although other buildings than a shop may make more sense close to spawn in the future (shops really work best with a mod that supports trading). Hope to see you at least once in a while on other servers then!

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I gave up the account so someone could clean up my stuff at spawn. I may come back and continue build my house.

Hello profile reader

lor599

by lor599 » Post

Hello, after along time I have NOT forgotten this game and I will continue and try to play when I can
-lor599

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

lor599 wrote: Hello, after along time I have NOT forgotten this game and I will continue and try to play when I can
-lor599
Pyrite has grown a lot. Perhaps a new town might be started :-)

lor599

by lor599 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
lor599 wrote: Hello, after along time I have NOT forgotten this game and I will continue and try to play when I can
-lor599
Pyrite has grown a lot. Perhaps a new town might be started :-)
Right now i'm working on the ski resort (improving)

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

Thank you for giving me access to your account Rubenworthy...I have begun removing the visible locked chests and signs...planning to replace the ones you had on the billboard with same content...I will pass your account back to you upon request or after I think I have all of your locked items removed from around spawn...it was very considerate and helpful of you to make this possible.

Coffee, all of the active mods (Cactuz, Sokomine and I) are fine with whatever you would like to do in terms of reworking the area where Rubens shop was at...I personally liked the sound of a more open plaza or something as you mentioned you might wish to do, but let your creativity and the functionality of the key space be your inspiration and guide !

I would like to add a gravel path to a single travelnet booth in one of the small wooded areas adjacent to spawn. The new net on that booth would be labeled something like "Rural Estates and Communities" and would be meant to include destinations like the Erthome Mining Community Land Grant, and other sizable estates and manor houses placed in isolated or non-city locations. Active players please let me know if you have any concerns, preferences, or suggestions as to the placement of this booth, and/or appropriate places of interest that should be connected to this net.

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

Welcome Back Lor :-)