[Mod] Gloop Blocks [20140529] [gloopblocks]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

[Mod] Gloop Blocks [20140529] [gloopblocks]

by VanessaE » Post

Gloop Blocks

This mod is a random collection of decorative and functional blocks for Minetest, including alternative cobble roadbed, rainbow blocks, "evil" blocks and sticks (which require Kalite from Glooptest), the usual collection of tools of various strengths and speeds made from either basic_materials' cement or gloopblocks "evil" components. It also brings in most nodes from the usesdirt mod, plus a couple of extras. It also adds a few other useful functions - see below.

Dependencies: Minetest 0.4.7 or later and the corresponding minetest_game "default" mod, and my basic_materials mod. If you have signs_lib installed, it must be commit 4ff54c9a or later.

Recommends: glooptest, moreblocks, moreores, default flowers and dyes.

Downloads:
As a zip: https://github.com/mt-mods/gloopblocks/ ... master.zip
...or browse the code: https://github.com/mt-mods/gloopblocks

Install: Download and extract one of the above ZIP files. Rename the resultant folder to "gloopblocks" if it isn't already so named, stripping off any numbers or my name if present. Copy this folder to your Minetest mods directory.

License: LGPL 3.0 for code, CC-by-SA 4.0 for media and everything else. Thanks goes to GloopMaster for starting this mod.

Screenshots:
Blocks, from bottom to top, left to right: basalt, alternative roadbed, mossy roadbed, evil block, oerkki block, pavement, pumice, diagonal rainbow block, Nyan Cat rainbow block, scaffold, mossy stone brick, mossy stone, steel fence. Cement and "evil" tools below, with evil stick at the far right.
"Usesdirt" nodes: default dirt, dirt bricks, dirt cobblestone, and dirt stone, each with their corresponding fence and ladder.

Other useful stuff

* If you have the More Blocks mod installed with its usual StairsPlus component, evil blocks, pumice, basalt, Oerkki blocks, and mossy stone bricks can be cut on the table saw that comes with the Moreblocks mod, into slabs, stairs, etc. Like the block, evil stairs/slabs/etc. emit a small amount of light. Gloopblocks also adds basic_materials' cement block to the table saw.

Note: If you don't have More Blocks, but you do at least have the standard "stairs" mod installed, then only cement, pavement, and cobble roadbed will be made available in the slab and stair forms, to try to limit how many nodes are being added (since these would perhaps be the most useful).

* When water and lava come into contact with one another, they will form one of three materials: Flowing lava coming into contact with standing water turns the lava into basalt, both flowing into one another turns the lava into pumice, while standing lava turns into obsidian when in contact with flowing or standing water.

* Cobblestone, cobble roadbed, stone, and stone brick blocks, stairs, and slabs (and the various other shapes as well, if More Blocks is installed) slowly turn into their mossy variants in the presence of flowing or standing water, as long there is also air present.

* Because the mod has long since been abandoned, Gloopblocks now contains the blocks, fences, and ladders from Dogzilla131's Usesdirt mod, with textures built from Minetest game's default textures. It does not implement the tools, chests, or furnaces. If you have that mod installed, Gloopblocks will defer to it instead. Recipes can be found on the Usesdirt thread's first post.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-10-31_12-56-26.png
Screenshot_2018-10-31_12-56-26.png (217.31 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Screenshot_2018-10-31_12-33-44.png
Screenshot_2018-10-31_12-33-44.png (433.29 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Last edited by VanessaE on Sat Feb 15, 2014 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

hey! those are my textures! wonder how they got there.

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Beats me, that's just what came with the ZIP file :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

GloopMaster

by GloopMaster » Post

Because that's what i released them with.
Meow.

That is all.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Updates:

2013-03-19: Made all stairs/slabs/etc use the circular saw in Moreblocks. In the process, removed all stairs/slabs/etc from creative inventory to reduce clutter. Added pavement stairs/slabs/etc. I'm not entirely sure if I'm using the circular saw properly, as I had to add extra aliases to clone everything over as moreblocks:xxxx to make it work - but it works.

2013-03-18: Restored old lava+water=stuff behavior. If your Minetest build is dated between March 9 and March 18, the lava+water code included in Gloopblocks will not be used (you'll just get one of stone, cobble, or obsidian instead).

2013-03-17: Got rid of the obsidian block provided by this mod and aliased it back to default:obsidian. Got rid of the wool crafting recipes - they were based on my flowers mod, but that mod has its own recipe for this now. Removed old stairs support in favor of full stairsplus support. This mod now depends on moreblocks for said support. Added basalt and pumice stairs/slabs/etc in the process. Aliases are provided to preserve backwards compatibility.

2013-??-??: Nekogloop discontinued maintaining this mod, so I've picked it up. To start, I've tweaked the mod to account for the Mese being a crystal now, and to fix the Pavement recipes (wrong node name for basalt).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another update: Added obsidian stairs et.al (under the 'stairsplus' namespace) since they got dropped from Technic.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Moved crafting recipes into a separate file. Added mossy stone brick to complement the new(ish) default plain one, crafts to make it, and stairsplus/circular saw compatibility. Added an abm to transform stone brick into mossy stone brick in the presence of water to complement the one that handles cobblestone.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Minor update today: Added an alternative form of cobblestone that should look better for roads than the default one (plus a mossy variant, with similar ways to create it).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another update: Now all cobble, alt. cobble, and stone brick stairs/slabs/etc. turn mossy in the presence of water also. Slowed the abms down considerably (both to reduce the potential CPU impact and because it was just way too fast before anyway).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another minor tweak: stone/cobble/etc will only turn mossy in the presence of water if there's air 1 or 2 nodes away (so stone that's more than 1m deep under water won't change).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Minor update: mossy stone drops mossy cobble on dig, and can be crafted from stone + grass as with the other mossy objects.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Added wool stairs/slabs/et al. via moreblocks and its circular saw. Made moreblocks dependency optional.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Made nyan rainbows much more expensive to craft.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Added shrubbery, crafted from leaves and sticks. [ Insert Monty Python jokes here ]

I'd have put these in Home Decor, but this mod is in use on at least one of my servers where Home Decor is not present, so that's where they went. :-)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Small update: Added support for the default stairs mod, so that the stone->mossy stone conversion ABMs have something to convert default stone/stone brick/cobble slabs and stairs into when stairsplus isn't present.

Also added cement, pavement, and clean/mossy roadbed stairs and slabs since they're kinda part of the set, and the conversion ABMs should normally operate on those also.

In total, this adds about 10 new nodes, but only if you didn't already have them, basically. It does not add stairs/slabs for any of this mod's other blocks.

VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Gloop Blocks [20140215] [gloopblocks]

by VanessaE » Post

Small update: in keeping with the changes I made to homedecor, this mod now has a proper nodebox-based 3d model for the Oerkki block.

(bear in mind if you cut one up with the circular saw in moreblocks, the pieces will not reflect this new model because moreblocks can't do that)

CaptainCanti

Re: [Mod] Gloop Blocks [20140529] [gloopblocks]

by CaptainCanti » Post

I hate to bump an old topic, but since I couldn't find any information on this, how does one obtain evil ore/blocks? Like how far down do you have to mine for it, at minimum?
I may seem like an asshole, but that's only because I'm an asshole. :^)

Shit you probs don't care about.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Evil blocks aren't mined, they're crafted.
First Post wrote: * An evil stick can be crafted from one lump of coal, one gold ingot, one regular stick, and one lump of Kalite if you have gloopores or glooptest, or a second gold ingot if not.

* Four of those can be crafted into an evil block, which can also be crafted back to evil sticks. These blocks emit a small amount of light.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: added slabs/stairs for basalt, pumice, rainbow blocks, and all colors of wool via minetest_game's stairs mod, if Moreblocks isn't present.

(Wow, has it really been a year since the last post in this thread?!)

EdShouldBeInBed
In-game: EdShdBInBed

by EdShouldBeInBed » Post

Vanessa, I'm working on a game. Would it be better to hunt down gloopmaster's old repros for gloopores and test, or do the versions in dreambuilder have significant improvements I'd probably like to integrate? Want the EVIL blocks in my game :)
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The glooptest (ores and tools) and gloopblocks (random nodes) mods in Dreambuilder are the most up-to-date, as far as I know.

EdShouldBeInBed

Awesome. Thanks.
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

EdShouldBeInBed

Just as a note, for those that want the glooptest stuff by itself:

https://github.com/EdShouldBeInBed/vanglooptest

mirrors the dreambuilder version, if you are insane and don't want dreambuilder in full for whatever reason.

Or, you know, you're addicted to git's submodule feature like I am :P

Vanessa, if you mind, it's gone. But I wasn't sure how much you'd changed since gloop started it, and thought it might be useful.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Oh it's no problem at all. Glooptest ain't my mod anyways, and it's all open source, so rip away. :-)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

This mod no longer supports moreblocks/stairsplus?