[modpack] Tron realm [tronrealm][0.1.2]

Novacain

[modpack] Tron realm [tronrealm][0.1.2]

by Novacain » Post

This modpack adds a full tron-style realm to minetest. it utilizes PilzAdam's nether mod, my tronblocks mod, and a mapgen made by paramat.

tronblocks:
viewtopic.php?id=8556 adds a large number of blocks to create a tron type world, divided into four colors to represent the different factions.
depends:default, dye
Individual download
license: MIT public license

tronportal (nether):
viewtopic.php?id=5790 A portal system devised by PilzAdam to create a nether, and is currently the easiest way (aside from teleporting) to travel to a realm. the portal is 4 nodes wide, and 5 nodes high, with the center hollowed out. right click with a tron bit (which may be uncraftable on some servers to prevent portal greifing) to activate the portal.
Individual download
depends: tronblocks for tronportal, default for nether
license: WTFPL

thegrid:
this mapgen was created by paramat for this modpack, and as such doesn't have a thread. it creats an area 960x960 nodes, divided into 4 240x240 sections. each subsection is 3 chunks square, and can be easily modified in the init.lua file for it.
Individual download
depends: tronblocks
license: WTFPL

download

github
Spoiler
0.1.0: release
0.1.1: texture fix in the tronblocks mod
0.1.2: tron glass added
Last edited by Novacain on Tue Jan 24, 2017 20:07, edited 2 times in total.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

Nice going Novocain! Your mod is truly epic!
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

hoodedice wrote:Nice going Novocain! Your mod is truly epic!
Thanks. The real credit should go to PilzAdam and paramat for the nether and mapgen. creating nodes is easy.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

update: texture fix

update: tron glass added
Last edited by Novacain on Wed Feb 19, 2014 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

Never was a fan of tron, but a very neat mod nonetheless!
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

crystaldynamic

by crystaldynamic » Post

Cool! :)
Hi I am crystaldynamic! ¡Congratulations, you are in my profile!
I am fan of this games: The Legend Of Zelda(the BEST :3), Minecraft, Minetest , Assasins Creed , Far Cry, Call of Duty, BuildandShoot , Grand Theft Auto.

police365

by police365 » Post

perfeito mod que vc fez mais acho que falta alguns minerio dentro dele

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The tron blocks are very decorative. Unfortionately, crafting them is a bit tiresome as some blocks require quite a lot of crafting - which isn't so nice on a slower server. Perhaps you could add a machine where blocks are put in, the desired texture is selected, and blocks are turned into that? Like my circular saw or colormachine (just simpler).
A list of my mods can be found here.

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

good point Soko. Unfourtunately, I don't fully understand the minetest API, and have pretty much no idea of how to do that. One thing I was thinking of is to have several crafting "lines." it would make it so you wouldn't have to craft the same block quite so much, but you don't have to craft something else to get the design you want. The biggest issue is I have almost no idea how to make something like that.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Sokomine wrote:The tron blocks are very decorative. Unfortionately, crafting them is a bit tiresome as some blocks require quite a lot of crafting - which isn't so nice on a slower server. Perhaps you could add a machine where blocks are put in, the desired texture is selected, and blocks are turned into that? Like my circular saw or colormachine (just simpler).
Novacain wrote:good point Soko. Unfourtunately, I don't fully understand the minetest API, and have pretty much no idea of how to do that. One thing I was thinking of is to have several crafting "lines." it would make it so you wouldn't have to craft the same block quite so much, but you don't have to craft something else to get the design you want. The biggest issue is I have almost no idea how to make something like that.
In the castles mod, Dan Duncombe put in an auto-crafter. You put in the materials at the left side, shape the recipe in the middle and out comes the product on the right side.