[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

materbrad wrote:I think you should make the creepers look more like minecraft creepers
and I think you should make it so there are pigs and you ride them not an ostrich for gods sake.
Welcome to Minetest, where a good portion of us want this to be different from Minecraft. You'd do well to take note of that.
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Enke wrote:
materbrad wrote:I think you should make the creepers look more like minecraft creepers
and I think you should make it so there are pigs and you ride them not an ostrich for gods sake.
Welcome to Minetest, where a good portion of us want this to be different from Minecraft. You'd do well to take note of that.
Minetest isn't Minecraft, materbrad. We seek to be unique.

grey

by grey » Post

thetoon wrote:
You'd really like Mojang sueing us, don't you?
Lol.
Lay back and feel the wind on your skin ~ http://afternoon.heliohost.org

.Luke

by .Luke » Post

materbrad wrote:and I think you should make it so there are pigs and you ride them not an ostrich for gods sake.
In real life, riding a pig with a carrot for navigation would be as equally ridiculous as riding an ostrich, if you ask me. This is a game about block people, for the love of dirt, real life logic need not apply.

kaurdump

by kaurdump » Post

thanks for fixing the factions crash bug!

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

But... people actually ride ostriches... so there is no logical flaw with riding ostriches in minetest.

Last edited by BrandonReese on Mon Mar 03, 2014 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

BrandonReese wrote:But... people actually ride ostriches... so there is no logical flaw with riding ostriches in minetest.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... G_0299.jpg
I liked the other picture, but this one is good too :)
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello

I get the following message at start.
item 'animalmaterials:glass' not found
How can I disable that?

Thanks,
JPR

UOAbigail

by UOAbigail » Post

Greetings ;)
JPRuehmann wrote:Hello

I get the following message at start.
item 'animalmaterials:glass' not found
How can I disable that?

Thanks,
JPR

I am not sure if my copy of the animals modpack is the most recent, but I was unable to find animalmaterials:glass within the animalmaterials.lua file.

However, you could define a 'dummy' material and add it to the file with something like this:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craftitem("animalmaterials:glass", {
    description = "Animal Glass",
    image = "animalmaterials_glass.png",
    stack_max=99
})
Now, the actual .png image likely does not exist, and your server will state that it has an error loading texture or somesuch and it will generate a 'dummy image' for it. (Basically a solid color image.. like a white sheet of paper.. orwhatever color it chooses.

This should stop the error but may cause other issues if you have mods that depend on the actual material being properly defined.

Peace
UOAbigail

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello

Found it
the Food mod references animalmaterials:glass
in init.lua at Row 123
commented it out and the message is gone

Thanks,
JPR

xcrow

by xcrow » Post

Hello everyone,

I come to Minetest looking an good alternative to Minecraft, and I found this gold mine! In my opinion, the game is far away better and greater than this.

Obviusly, I'm trying to add some mods, and I found this mobf.

I have installed the Simple Mobs and it works. But for mobf, I have no changes after activate it.

My (noob) question is: How can I activate the mobf menu window?

Thanks for any help,
Grettings!

alcipri

by alcipri » Post

I've been playing minetest with this mod and I would like propose some improvements or a list of some errors :

-1. When I kill some mob by a sword, the sword isn't worn
-2 When I kill some animal and it give me food, it can't be cooked.
-3 I only do damage if I hit mobs by a sword. I can't do damage with other tools or blocks

Others
-1 The textures can be improved
-2 The mob's movement can be improved

I think, some fixes can be picked from de Creatures mod (especially the point 1 and textures and movements)
I don't know how to make mods but I want to colaborate to improve this mod.

Thanks for the mod

PD: Sorry for my English, I'm from Spain
Last edited by alcipri on Sat Apr 12, 2014 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello
If the Butterflys and the pet_rat from the old animals package could be reanimated I would be happy
because the old animals mod as same as the animals 3D mod could at least in my opinion not be reworket to fit to all the new thinks.
Thanks,
JPR

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello
I have a Question about mobf_settings and Invenory_plus.

I am using unified_inventory and modmenu, modmenu has an compatibility mod fir inventory_plus that wors perfectly with other inventory_plus mods such as the home_gui but not with mobf_settings. Zhere is no Button for it and if I try to add him manualy I got him displayed but don´t get the formspec opened. the {buton, button} as hook are not working and I can´t find any other way to open the formspec.

Could you tel me where to look for that hook, such as an valid field name to open the formspec?
Thanks,
JPR

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

alcipri wrote:I've been playing minetest with this mod and I would like propose some improvements or a list of some errors :

[...]
-2 When I kill some animal and it give me food, it can't be cooked.

[...]
Maybe the mobfcooking mod (viewtopic.php?id=7944) could help you. HUD mod and Food mod support it.

And @ JPRuehmann:

I´m curious about the "old animals package" you mentioned (a pet rat sounds interesting :)). I only know Sokomines mobf_animal (https://github.com/Sokomine/mobf_animals.

And you don´t want to use /mobf as chat command to reach the mobf_setting, correct?

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Right
But through a Button in modmenu or in unified_inventory.
Thanks,
JPR

Mad Jackal

by Mad Jackal » Post

Whenever I create a world and enable mobf on it, the terrain doesn't generate right. It drops me into a completely flat map made up of nothing but grass. If I choose to enable mobf on a pre-existing map, I'm flooded with errors and no changes occur.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'm not about to sift through upwards of a thousand comments, lol.
I'm using Minetest 0.4.8 along with the newest version of this mod.

Glünggi

Re: [Mod] MOB Framework [2.3.6] [mobf] timekeeping

by Glünggi » Post

This Gull is down on Dungeonmasterlevel... is it a new Species called Undergroundgull or the Dungeonmaster use carrier pigeon ? :D
(bugreport)

Linxx

by Linxx » Post

it's DM's hostage!!! D:

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Post

I made a couple more (very basic) animals which can be extracted into the modpack, a kiwi and a rabbit.

Attachments
rabbit.zip
(123.9 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
kiwi.zip
(195.67 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

dgm5555

Re:

by dgm5555 » Post

Xanthin wrote:
alcipri wrote:-2 When I kill some animal and it give me food, it can't be cooked.
Basic cooking is already updated in the github version and sapier says will be integrated into 2.4

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re:

by Inocudom » Post

Sokomine wrote:AspireMint has written some models (including animations) and textures for new animals. The integration into mobf isn't perfect yet - getting a swan to swim isn't easy, and some other aspects are not perfect yet either. If you like to test it, get the mobf_animals repro from github.

Rabbits come in brown, grey and white (good for snowy landscapes):
ImageImageImage

A donkey you can actually ride on:

Butterflies:

A swan:

A turtle (hides inside its shell if you attack it!):

Although the mobf versions are not perfect yet, they are already more convincing in "behaviour" and movement than the simple mobs versions.

Thanks to AspireMint for the fine models and to sapier for mobf!
It seems that people have forgotten these new animals for mobf. Kindly consider using these too.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

dgm555 wrote: I made a couple more (very basic) animals which can be extracted into the modpack, a kiwi and a rabbit.
The rabbit looks very cute. The kiwi could use a bit more color (but it seems real kiwi look a lot like this).

Perhaps these two mobs ought to be added to simple mobs and/or the new animals mod with the giraffe and boar etc. rather than to mobf. That way, they'll be available on more servers. The disadvantages of simple mobs play no role for small, tiny animals that are known for jumping around. It's large creatures where you definitely want mobf.
Inocudom wrote: It seems that people have forgotten these new animals for mobf. Kindly consider using these too.
Unfortionately, the screenshots of all what I did are no longer directly available. Image hosters are somehow hard to come by. I'm moving everything possible to the MMDB once I get the time.

dgm5555

Re: Re:

by dgm5555 » Post

Inocudom wrote:
Sokomine wrote:AspireMint has written some models (including animations) and textures for new animals.
The rabbits are much cooler than mine, so use them. An awesome little pack - wish I'd seen in before now.
It will be even more awesome when the butterflys don't fly high into the sky never to be seen again - Perhaps if they guarded their spawn spot and stayed close to the ground, or even better if they were attracted to flowers...
I'm also hoping the different turtle and swan models can be merged to convert modes when entering/exiting water!
There are still a few slight glitches:-
There are no icons for the inventory, but you can spot them by the block of random plain colours.
Butterflys are named 'gulls' in the inventory.
Rabbits walk about 2 inches off the ground.
Swimming swans can swim quite high above the water.
Bounding boxes don't fit the animals, which may be why the positioning is a little odd.

Some are hard to shoot, esp the butterflys, but some screenshots for https://github.com/Sokomine/mobf_animals are:-
A swan swimming in air:-
Hovering rabbits (and a hovering sheep):

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

I'd love these mobs... if only the models were of better quality and would all be boxes. Diagonal parts / bent limbs / etc. break the default Minetest style IMO. Still love the idea though... hopefully the nature of Minetest will eventually be full of various critters!