[Modpack] Creatures MOB-Engine [2.3.1] [cme]

dethegeek

by dethegeek » Post

Hi

I could not follow this topic since some time. ( For reference : viewtopic.php?pid=131202#p131202 )

I'll try the latest version of your mod and report back if this solves my issue. Thanks for your work.

For your information I'm using the latest release of minetest : 0.4.9 stable

Sorry for the soooo long delay.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

heavy gale wrote:Why are the creatures blinking (light white and grey)?
I'm not sure, how it's now, but back in the 0.4.5 days these was caused by the "same mesh=same light level" approach. So if one mob was in the shadows/underwater then all others which shared the same mesh started to blink or went dark grey...

dethegeek

by dethegeek » Post

Hi

I just give a try with version 1.1 beta.

The sheeps are funny :D

The bug I had with 1.0 is still there. I observed it with sheeps. I found they are lots of sheeps in a very small and delimited area. This seems happen when I'm moving with free mode enabled (I'm the administrator of my server).

If I logon during the night, the framerate is below 4 FPS even when I stay in a house. I did not tried to go out, because I did not wanted to be killed. The game is unplayable and I could not protect myself agains zombies and ghosts.

I'll create a new world to do some tests need.ed.

I also noticed there are some sheeps in caves, and sometimes they are black, probabli due to the same bug described earlier.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

dethegeek wrote: I also noticed there are some sheeps in caves, and sometimes they are black, probabli due to the same bug described earlier.
Perhaps those in caves fell down there. As for the black sheep: They might be stuck in blocks. Try to dig those blocks (most of the time it's dirt), and they'll turn white again.

I observed an "invasion" of sheep as well. There where quite a lot roaming around even after a short time.

And: There needs to be a way to sheer them without causing panic to the poor sheep!
A list of my mods can be found here.

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

Since i have no idea yet why it cotinues to spawn that much mobs i cant fix it right now, sorry.
Here a "mod" that removes at least all creatures mobs in the world (if you cant use /clearobjects for some reason)
Attachments
remove_creatures.zip
(3.54 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Last edited by BlockMen on Sun Mar 16, 2014 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Btw, real black sheep might be something new. Most mobs mobs do have sheep of some kind...but none has a black one :-) I don't want those crazy thrown-in-a-pot-with-dye-sheep from Minecraft. Just the usual colors that come naturally with sheep :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Sometimes the server crashes when the ghosts punches someone,

Code: Select all

20:17:00: ACTION[ServerThread]: Player Angels_den punched by LuaEntitySAO at (56.6735,4.98,-62.9891), damage 1 HP
20:17:00: ACTION[ServerThread]: Player shadowzone punched by LuaEntitySAO at (-28.1919,2.5,-24.209), damage 1 HP
20:17:02: ACTION[ServerThread]: Angels_den leaves game. List of players: Jordach Daven shadowzone Doctor twoelk 
20:17:02: ACTION[ServerThread]: Jordach leaves game. List of players: Daven shadowzone Doctor twoelk 
20:17:02: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\creatures/ghost.lua:280: attempt to index local 'p' (a nil value)
20:17:02: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
20:17:02: ERROR[main]:     ...\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\creatures/ghost.lua:280: in function <...\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\creatures/ghost.lua:119>

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Sokomine wrote:I don't want those crazy thrown-in-a-pot-with-dye-sheep from Minecraft.
Actually there's ~15% chance for a black sheep to spawn naturally...
Jordach wrote:Sometimes the server crashes when the ghosts punches someone,
Isn't that because you've left and the mod tried to getpos() of your player?
Try to get hurt and then Ctrl+C your client to confirm.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

4aiman wrote:
Sokomine wrote:I don't want those crazy thrown-in-a-pot-with-dye-sheep from Minecraft.
Actually there's ~15% chance for a black sheep to spawn naturally...
Jordach wrote:Sometimes the server crashes when the ghosts punches someone,
Isn't that because you've left and the mod tried to getpos() of your player?
Try to get hurt and then Ctrl+C your client to confirm.
Angel left the game AFTER being punched by the ghost, so it does appear to be something else.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Jordach wrote:Angel left the game AFTER being punched by the ghost, so it does appear to be something else.
Message about leaving doesn't show the exact moment I leave even in singleplayer. And Angel had logged out just 2 seconds after was punched.
Server lags + Lua execution speed + ping time could've make server think that one is still online even if one doesn't for 2 seconds.

I'm not the one to tell a developer anything regarding any code written for or used with MT.
I just had this kind of problems when was working on my version of tnt (although that was around a year ago). And when tnt punched me I was getting this kind of error and then was kicked out.

Anyway, there' should be a check for that "p" variable not being nil.

lyghtkruz

by lyghtkruz » Post

I took a look at the code, but I'm not too familiar with the method which you are using to spawn the creatures. When I had the issue with the sheep spawning, it was because I set fast mode on and flying mode. This was on a server which is normally set to survival mode. My son was lost and I was flying around looking for him to help him get back. It doesn't appear that the limit is actually being used for some reason. You may try to keep an internal count and check for the limit prior to calling the 'spawn' function and a safety check in the spawn function.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

lyghtkruz wrote:My son was lost and I was flying around looking for him to help him get back.
Pressing the key F5 gives your coordinates up left of the screen.

lyghtkruz

by lyghtkruz » Post

Topywo wrote:
lyghtkruz wrote:My son was lost and I was flying around looking for him to help him get back.
Pressing the key F5 gives your coordinates up left of the screen.
Thanks, but that wasn't the issue. I don't want to go completely off topic here or anything, but my son is 4 (: and he dug himself underground and got lost without another pickaxe. I was looking for his name so I could go dig him out. I did come up with a teleport mod which helps now in that situation.

dethegeek

by dethegeek » Post

Hi

I wonder if the mod is affected by another. Will try on a new world without other plugin than Creatures.

I tried to understand the code of remove_creatures, without success. Are the creatures spawned saved somewhere to be re-spawned when someone is near of them ?
lyghtkruz wrote: When I had the issue with the sheep spawning, it was because I set fast mode on and flying mode. This was on a server which is normally set to survival mode.
The flying mode may be the cause of my bug..

EDIT : On a new world with only Creatures mod v1.0 (not 1.1) I cannot reproduce the issue I described. I also tried to move fast with fly mode without success. There are only a few creatures spawned, enough to make the game freaky :)
Last edited by dethegeek on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

Josh

by Josh » Post

This is a good mod Blockmen, maybe you could add more animals? also the sheep needs to drop something like a leg of lamb when you kill it. Also you can't replenish your health bar with the rotten flesh in the "Better HUD" mod that you made, it would be good if that could be done also :)

Matsetes

by Matsetes » Post

I had some crashes and the client said that there is a problem with the line 323 of sheep.lua, which is the one for the jump of the sheep...
Can anyone tell me what I have to do?

sawik
GitHub: Sawiq
In-game: Sawik

by sawik » Post

Hi guys! Did someone try to add line_of_sight() function to this mod? It would by nice if the creatures cannot see through walls...

LuxAtheris

by LuxAtheris » Post

sawik wrote:Hi guys! Did someone try to add line_of_sight() function to this mod? It would by nice if the creatures cannot see through walls...
+1 for this guy over here.
Believe you can and you’re halfway there.

rcthomas93

by rcthomas93 » Post

Is there any way I could have a spawner that will spawn more than one zombie at a time? For instance, place one spawner, and that spawner will make sure there are always x amount of zombies in the area? Or just have it spawn x amount and disappear?

RavonTUS

by RavonTUS » Post

Greetings,

Can you tell me which "wool" dependancy this needs?

-Ravon

LuxAtheris

by LuxAtheris » Post

RavonTUS wrote:Greetings,

-Ravon
The default one.
Believe you can and you’re halfway there.

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

RavonTUS wrote:Greetings,

-Ravon
It is probably already installed. It's in minetest_game.

Matsetes

by Matsetes » Post

I had TOO MUCH crashes and the client said that there is a problem with the line 323 of sheep.lua, which is the one for the jump of the sheep...
I like very much your mod but I cannot play that way

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

Matsetes wrote:I had TOO MUCH crashes and the client said that there is a problem with the line 323 of sheep.lua, which is the one for the jump of the sheep...
I like very much your mod but I cannot play that way
I will post an update next time, but until then not using the mod is the best way to prevent crashes i guess.

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello
I love your mod.
but sometimes my Server chrashes with this error.

23:38:34: ERROR[main]: ServerError: /home/ruehmann/.minetest/mods/creatures/init.lua:73: attempt to index a nil value
23:38:34: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
23:38:34: ERROR[main]: /home/ruehmann/.minetest/mods/creatures/init.lua:73: in function 'find_mates'
23:38:34: ERROR[main]: /home/ruehmann/.minetest/mods/creatures/init.lua:20: in function 'spawn'
23:38:34: ERROR[main]: /home/ruehmann/.minetest/mods/creatures/spawn.lua:61: in function </home/ruehmann/.minetest/mods/creatures/spawn.lua:37>

What´s up?
Thanks,
JPR